Sponsored

MBRP axle back or just go to muffler shop?

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
I have been through several exhaust combinations. Roush axle back with x pipe (loved that combo). Muffler delete etc etc. But now I'm in a new 19 GT PP1. But the exhaust is toooo quiet for me. I'm going a cheap route for now until I get something better down the road. I was thinking of doing the MBRP muffler delete but I feel the price is too high considering they are really just selling you two pieces of pipe. I'm wondering if I should just go to a muffler shop and do a muffler delete there with pipes they have with some good tips. Or is the official MBRP axle back really worth it????
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have been through several exhaust combinations. Roush axle back with x pipe (loved that combo). Muffler delete etc etc. But now I'm in a new 19 GT PP1. But the exhaust is toooo quiet for me. I'm going a cheap route for now until I get something better down the road. I was thinking of doing the MBRP muffler delete but I feel the price is too high considering they are really just selling you two pieces of pipe. I'm wondering if I should just go to a muffler shop and do a muffler delete there with pipes they have with some good tips. Or is the official MBRP axle back really worth it????
There is something to say in favor of the Borla "Switchfire" resonator delete: It's a pleasant degree louder than stock, and relies on accepted exhaust tuning physics to increase engine performance. You might not need any other changes.

OP
OP
Shadow5.0

Shadow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT, 1998 Pontiac Trans Am
There is something to say in favor of the Borla "Switchfire" resonator delete: It's a pleasant degree louder than stock, and relies on accepted exhaust tuning physics to increase engine performance. You might not need any other changes.
I will for sure look into this. Thank you for your feedback!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
AWE Touring catback. Buy once and be done.

Sponsored

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You could do electric cutouts if you want to be able to start the car relatively quietly and still make it loud when you want..
Sponsored