Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
35% is that middle ground.
That sounds a bit dark to me, though I suspect it varies with the individual a bit.

Does anybody know what % OE windshield and front side glass actually is (probably a range).

Norm

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
After I got pulled over by a cop and issued a summons for 40% tint, I had it removed and had the tint.shop test the factory side glass.
It read 80%
Then had the legal.max in NY installed. 60%

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That sounds a bit dark to me, though I suspect it varies with the individual a bit.

Does anybody know what % OE windshield and front side glass actually is (probably a range).

Norm
95%

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
My younger brother (71) has been putting bling mods on otherwise perfectly nice vehicles for many years. His favorite "mod" is smoked plastic wind deflectors that stick on to the door frame and anywhere else he can put them. After years of seeing what sort of gingerbread my brother can add to a car, I have become decidedly against any cosmetic mods.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I haven't read through all the posts, but I am 65 years old and have had many mustangs. I would not lower again. Not do aftermarket exhaust again. Whether headers or just axle back. Definitely not remove the cats. I've done that on several Mustangs. Not worth the loud booming exhaust. Maybe when I was 20, but can't stand that stuff today. Plus, it doesn't make enough power to deal with the side effects.

Active exhaust gives the best of all worlds. Supercharger is great. Hood struts, BMRCB005, jacking rails all good.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't read through all the posts, but I am 65 years old and have had many mustangs. I would not lower again. Not do aftermarket exhaust again. Whether headers or just axle back. Definitely not remove the cats. I've done that on several Mustangs. Not worth the loud booming exhaust. Maybe when I was 20, but can't stand that stuff today. Plus, it doesn't make enough power to deal with the side effects.

Active exhaust gives the best of all worlds. Supercharger is great. Hood struts, BMRCB005, jacking rails all good.
I agree on the active exhaust.. why this was never introduced earlier I don't know. I spend a lot of time, energy, and $ on my 2016 GT trying to get the exhaust right. It was either too loud or had horrible drone on the highway that I just could not live with. The stock exhaust on the 2015-17 was/is pitiful... It doesn't need to sound like a diesel truck, but it isn't supposed to sound like a Ford Explorer either. Where the active exhaust really shines in on convertibles.. you can really have the best of both worlds.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I agree on the active exhaust.. why this was never introduced earlier I don't know. I spend a lot of time, energy, and $ on my 2016 GT trying to get the exhaust right. It was either too loud or had horrible drone on the highway that I just could not live with. The stock exhaust on the 2015-17 was/is pitiful... It doesn't need to sound like a diesel truck, but it isn't supposed to sound like a Ford Explorer either. Where the active exhaust really shines in on convertibles.. you can really have the best of both worlds.

When I was shopping for my '16 replacement, I wasn't specifically looking for AE, but wind up with a car that had it (pretty much every option, including PP and Magneride), but wow, it's just fantastic. Both my (former) '16 and the current '19 are convertibles, so the exhaust can be a little more intrusive - same thing you said, I loved my Solo Mach Thunder on my '16 about 75% of the time, but there were days, or nights coming back from the airport with the top up in winter, I would've liked something quieter, or the occasional morning start. The '19 is just perfect, though I did wind up wanting a touch more sound in Sport mode (vs. having to take an extra step and toggle over to Track), and a little more in standard, so with a Steeda H-pipe, I've got a Quiet mode that's just as quiet as stock, and the other modes are a few notches up to perfect.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Black paint,
I'm about to go broke taking my Black Mustang to the "bikini car wash and wax shop" evertime it gets dust on it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Ahhh I bet it isn't the black paint :)

Black paint,
I'm about to go broke taking my Black Mustang to the "bikini car wash and wax shop" evertime it gets dust on it.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I obviously go against what many wouldn't do to their cars. I'm not into poke or the limo tinted windows but that is just me. I like wheels that are different, tasteful spoilers, stripes, lowering for performance, and getting rid of the four-wheel-drive look, louder than factory exhaust, custom badging, some carbon fiber, and have to have a worthy audio system.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Black paint,
Take it to these guys for a wash and wax....
Much less expensive than the "bikini car wash and wax shop"
The images stuck in your head after watching these guys wash it could give you nightmares, though...
car wash (2).jpg

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I don't get it. Putting the car in an undrivable state looks stupid.
Uggghhh, that's the whole appeal with bags. Slam it when parked and then raise it up when you drive it. If you said slammed on coilovers I could see but bags actually are functional.