Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

5-PT-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I have that creak sound, too. But, I thought people here had diagnosed it as sound from the rear glass? Am I wrong?
I had a creak in that area, sounded like it was from the glass. It turned out to be my back seat latches. I put some grease on the latch and creak went away. Easy way to test, is drive with back seat down if noise goes away, add grease to latches.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
my vertical links creak in reverse and over bumps when they need grease. easy to try can't hurt

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be livid getting nonsense like this back. I'd go to another dealer, but I'd still call the service manager at the one you went to and ask what the techs are smoking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
I'd be livid getting nonsense like this back. I'd go to another dealer, but I'd still call the service manager at the one you went to and ask what the techs are smoking.
Out of spite they're fixing this

I'll pull ally amp waiting this week. I have an appointment next Monday. And as I said. Nowhere near another dealer
Besides this one, the next to closest are 20 miles one way

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cars had a creak in the suspension for a while. I finally had time to take it to the dealer.
Knowing about the issue with the nut on the axle I checked that before taking it in. Both were at least 150 ft/lbs so I assumed that's not the issue.

Well, Ford called an few hours later and informed me the amp wiring in my trunk is making the noise. Mind you the amp wasn't there, so I'm not sure how that's possible.... I just the disconnected wires. I told them I'd remove the wiring and take it back so they can fix the noise, since it was present before I installed the amp. Because they're alsoto lazy to actually trouble shoot and fix the issue it's now going to go back for every rattle I can find because that was some lazy bs

Question for you. Do you hear the suspension noise only in cold weather?

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Sillyness. I feel like most dealer mechanics are barely out of training
Funny you say that, I was a Ford Tech at a local dealer after high school and after earning a chance to go thru the Ford STAR training to become a "tech"
I honestly learned more by shadowing and helping the old timers in my free time than I ever did in the Ford program (except electrical...)
Unfortunately, most newer/younger techs don't look and listen to the car, they solely go by what the computer/OBD or TSBs are telling them and eschew common sense.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There was a thread on here and I can’t find it currently - but a couple of other M6G members had found that the creaking noise was coming from under the rear of the car - where there are lines running behind the rear wheel liners.

I can’t recall if it’s brake lines, fuel lines or lines for the emissions - but the fix was to place foam or felt between the lines and body, that stopped the noise.

Like stated above, others have found that the noise is related to the rear seat catches at top of seats when folded down.

If you’re not getting satisfaction from the Service Center - you should call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR to open a case. It will bump your concern and priority to the top of others at that Dealership.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I would go to another dealership. It is odd, but dealerships that did not sell the car originally, as long as it's on the warranty, seem more determined to get it fixed. They get paid from Ford to do this. I have found it is worth it.

This is another reason to buy the car used, under warranty with say 10-20K miles where the previous owner had to deal with stuff. Worked great for me! Hate buying brand new. Then there's the depreciation....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I would go to another dealership. It is odd, but dealerships that did not sell the car originally, as long as it's on the warranty, seem more determined to get it fixed. They get paid from Ford to do this. I have found it is worth it.

This is another reason to buy the car used, under warranty with say 10-20K miles where the previous owner had to deal with stuff. Worked great for me! Hate buying brand new. Then there's the depreciation....
Why let the OP's dealer off the hook. Screw them. I'd call them on it now. Maybe get them to rethink the way they handle issues like this. And your used car with 10-20k is still under warranty. If the need arose you would still need to go to the dealer. New, used, makes no difference.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Why let the OP's dealer off the hook. Screw them. I'd call them on it now. Maybe get them to rethink the way they handle issues like this. And your used car with 10-20k is still under warranty. If the need arose you would still need to go to the dealer. New, used, makes no difference.
Exactly, but the information is on the Carfax. Niggling problems from brand new are dealt with by the new owner. You see the service on the Carfax and it tells you if there is a repeat problem.
And, yes, the selling dealership SHOULD do it right. But, sometimes you want it DONE. In that case go to a different dealership. Remember, if the other dealership fixes the issue, that is a selling point for them. They are incentivized to get it done and are paid for it. I have done this many, many times. Some dealerships are run well by the selling side and terrible by the service side. My local dealership charges basically MSRP for their cars and the used prices are very high. But, the service side is excellent.

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I had this exact problem, creaking in the rear when going over bumps at any speed. Took it to the dealer multiple times and they couldn't hear it (dash cam showed them driving with the radio on...). I did a ride along and of course they then heard it, and decide to take a look. They told me, my tint guy bent some metal clip above the rear seats when putting in the rear tint; that's the noise, and they can't do anything for me besides replace the $300 clip?? They didn't even bother to give me a printout of this session even though I asked multiple times (probably didn't put it in the system).

Anywho, after debugging myself, I found it to be the rear seats latch (assuming that's your problem). You just need to heavily grease the metal latch and the squeaking will be gone.

OP
OP
Dusten

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Question for you. Do you hear the suspension noise only in cold weather?
Define cold?

It was 55-60 last week when it went to the dealer.
Sponsored