Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
So I just came back from disassembling the entire Steeda intake, cleaning it inside out, wiping the maf sensor with a soft cloth, etc.. when I noticed this (see photo).

I wonder if that was responsible for the maf codes I was getting. So I put a sliver of electrical tape over the "wound", then wrapped the whole section there as well in electrical tape.

I don't know if that is the cause of my recent issues, I need to drive the car for a few days to see if anything improved or stayed the same. But how the hell does something like that happen? The cable wasn't touching anything, or grazing against anything. Weird.
maf.jpg
Sponsored

HeavyHittersMaryland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
A
So I just came back from disassembling the entire Steeda intake, cleaning it inside out, wiping the maf sensor with a soft cloth, etc.. when I noticed this (see photo).

I wonder if that was responsible for the maf codes I was getting. So I put a sliver of electrical tape over the "wound", then wrapped the whole section there as well in electrical tape.

I don't know if that is the cause of my recent issues, I need to drive the car for a few days to see if anything improved or stayed the same. But how the hell does something like that happen? The cable wasn't touching anything, or grazing against anything. Weird.
maf.jpg

A Knick in the cable won’t throw those codes. It’s either tuner or install or parts related.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I wanted to wait a while before reporting, in case any issues start creeping back up again.

Basically after taking apart the intake again, and taping up that exposed wire, car is back to what it was. I didn't even have to install the JLT CJ intake, but I'm keeping that as a backup. I have the tune for it as well.

So about two weeks now and its fine. I don't drive the vehicle very often though, but when I do, regular and WOT is back to normal. Idle is still a bit lopey at a stop but manageable. If I ever get tired of that I'll switch over to the JLT intake, but I really like the benefit of the steeda in regards to IAT's.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad to hear that it is working. The Steeda CAI is tunable, but JLT is easier to tune for.

Maybe have them bump up your idle.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
498 PS = 491 hp (since the 502 dyno showed PS, it's likely the 2nd pull after was also measuring PS). Still, glad you're happy w/ the results. Anyway, if it was me, I'd be very curious why the power starts trailing off at 6k rpm, instead of continuing to increase in power until past 7k rpm. I do think you should update your results post with apples to apples numbers (use hp instead of PS for the last pulls, and use the dyno #s w/out the spike).
This is probably due to the stock cams signing off. The Stage 2 comp cams carries the power better and can take full advantage of the Cobra Jet. Still very respectable power. I bet it drives like a beast!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
In addition, there maybe some power left in the tune depending on whether the cam timing was manipulated to better take advantage of the Cobra Jet intake.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't do anything else to it at this point, it's pretty much where I want it to be naturally aspirated. Personally the only logical next step would be to throw a centri blower on there, but I would rather use the money for that used as a down payment towards another car, when I reach that point (likely a year from now).

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
How's it feel compared to the stock intake? Impressions?

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Full exhaust cobra jet twin 69 tb cold air intake and e85 my car is way faster now
In that video , its a stock unported 2018 cobra jet vs ported 2018 manifold and the peak does seem to be a lot longer so I can see what you mean . Not much dropoff after 7k rpm like the 2018 manifold. you can see at this dyno overlay linked in this point in the video , the a10 probably shifts into 15 more rwhp

HeavyHittersMaryland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Mine is ported but either way they’re beast. It pulls hard. No comparison regular driving or wot. If you’re staying NA for now you definitely should get an aftermarket intake.
Sponsored