turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Thoughts on routing an air diverter to the charger intake to get cooler air? Or is close enough to get air coming from grill area? Still going to get some hot air from being behind the radiator I would imagine...
Plenty of thoughts on this. I've been staring at the car trying to figure some things out. I've had some really smart folks offer me guidance on this setup to maximize it. If I am able to pull off some magic, it would free up space to draw in fresh air to the procharger inlet. I may end up needing to wait on creating new charge piping and just go with what I have, we'll see. There will be even more hot air near the procharger due to modification to the fan shroud, so you are right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
It turns out the magic I was referring to is happening very fast and is coming to life. Even though this is my car and my build, the story isn't mine to tell. More to come on this.

In the meantime, got some work done today to finish up the parachute setup and get the f-1a-94 mounted in the car.

finishedparachute2.jpg

finishedparachute1.jpg

finishedparachute.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Parachute pilot chute first test launch:

launchedchute.jpg
launchedchute1.jpg

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Parachute pilot chute first test launch:

launchedchute.jpg
launchedchute1.jpg
Surprisingly dissapointing isn't it?! LOL You have it in your mind that it it blasts out of there. One of my buddies one time in a pretty big race pulled into the waterbox, and instead of hitting the line lock he dumped the chutes right there in the water box. They barely cleared the wheelie bars when the car isn't moving. Talk about a scramble to re-pack both on a 3 minute clock... We still bust his balls about that to this day.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Surprisingly dissapointing isn't it?! LOL You have it in your mind that it it blasts out of there. One of my buddies one time in a pretty big race pulled into the waterbox, and instead of hitting the line lock he dumped the chutes right there in the water box. They barely cleared the wheelie bars when the car isn't moving. Talk about a scramble to re-pack both on a 3 minute clock... We still bust his balls about that to this day.
Haha, yeah it just kind of flopped on the ground. I can't imagine packing a chute on the line, let alone two lol It's a PITA

Got some work done on the car, things are looking good over here!

Next up:
  • Aluminum 3.5" tube to make new charge piping
  • Second tial BOV and (2) aluminum flanges
  • Picked up a slick oil catch can from a badass member, @Jay-rod427 :rockon::sunglasses::champagne:

Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went they same rout as you with a breather can non recirculation. Mounted it in the front driver side wheel well. Routed a hose out the front with a plug to drain it easily. See if I can't get you a picture later tonight.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Intercooler is back on the car, but I broke a t-bolt clamp. After that I quit for the night. But before that, I started removing the evap system from the car.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful car, OP.

Did you upgrade OPG / CS?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Why do you say "absolutely not?" Currently dealing with whether I should upgrade mine or not.
I'm admittedly going to press my luck for at least this season as I know I'm going to a built block in the future, potentially as soon as this time next year. I have had my car for two years and it was 2500 miles on it. I don't beat it unless it's making a pass and that was only 3 times last year. This season I hope to get 4 times that number of passes, but it's not going to be anywhere near a number that gives me huge concern. If I get burned, it is just part of the plan.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm admittedly going to press my luck for at least this season as I know I'm going to a built block in the future, potentially as soon as this time next year. I have had my car for two years and it was 2500 miles on it. I don't beat it unless it's making a pass and that was only 3 times last year. This season I hope to get 4 times that number of passes, but it's not going to be anywhere near a number that gives me huge concern. If I get burned, it is just part of the plan.
I like the built engine part!!!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Woohoo!

Ghost buster catch can is here! My wife saw it and immediately took a picture to post online that we now have the device that captures ghosts. Thanks to @Jay-rod427 for building a great setup and then sharing it with me.

newoilcatchcan.jpg

Also got the second TiAL bov today and the flanges I need to get them mounted:

newtial.jpg
Sponsored