Sponsored

Included lifetime power train warranty from dealership.

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I came across two dealerships while looking for a 350 last year that had this offering. One had a lifetime power train and another had I think a 20 year one. They both didn’t have any special requirements and warranty work could be done at any Ford dealership. The lifetime one was about 30 minutes from our home and by the time we were ready to pull the trigger it had sold. Has anyone had any experience with these warranty types. I figured it would have been a no brainer to get a 350 from a dealership that offered this for nothing extra.
Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
I have one on my 2016 Tacoma that was included lifetime power train warranty. Haven't had to use it yet but I have that dealer do all my maintenance on the truck just so they have a paper trail.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
First of all, I'm surprised these kind of warranties are even out there. If any Ford dealership offers this, they must not know the motors run about $30k nowadays if they need to replace the longblock. I doubt they would follow Ford's methodology regarding this engine, which is just replacing the entire engine if something goes wrong with the motor and it needs to be opened up, so they'll probably just repair it like any ol' engine: Part by part as necessary. Better than nothing I guess.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
My selling dealer also had a lifetime power train warranty, but when I purchased my car new, they said it would not apply. So there you go.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
My R came with this from the dealer

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
First of all, I'm surprised these kind of warranties are even out there. If any Ford dealership offers this, they must not know the motors run about $30k nowadays if they need to replace the longblock. I doubt they would follow Ford's methodology regarding this engine, which is just replacing the entire engine if something goes wrong with the motor and it needs to be opened up, so they'll probably just repair it like any ol' engine: Part by part as necessary. Better than nothing I guess.
Hey, it existed at Chrysler. I remember they were offering lifetime powetrain on any Chrysler product bought new. and this wasn't at the dealer level, this was at the corporate level. I wonder how many of those people still own their car

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Does the paperwork say it is transferrable? Is it through the dealer themselves or Ford?
I'd say the dealership for sure. Haven't seen anything where Ford manufacturing is offering something like that. If they did it would most likely be very expensive.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Does the paperwork say it is transferrable? Is it through the dealer themselves or Ford?
Never looked at the transferability since I dont intend on parting with the car. It is from the dealer. Funny thing, you dont get it with the Mustang GT. Oversight on their part

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
If someone could post the actual contract, that would be great.
I know there are some legal minds on this forum so we could get a feel for what they are.
I bought an extended warranty for a MC I bought years ago, through a dealership....never again. You almost need your attorney to go over the contract to see what the “actual” coverage is. Most of the time they are not what was presented.

OP
OP
Big Ernie McCracken

Big Ernie McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Charger Scat Pack, 2013 Silverado
I am sure the dealership is rolling the dice when it comes to these types of offers. The amount of people that actually keep a car long term is few and far between, so they will probably never have to deal with this situation much. It probably entices a person to buy from the dealership and then when the normal warranty and extended warranty is done a person is likely tired with the vehicle and moves on.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I am sure the dealership is rolling the dice when it comes to these types of offers. The amount of people that actually keep a car long term is few and far between, so they will probably never have to deal with this situation much. It probably entices a person to buy from the dealership and then when the normal warranty and extended warranty is done a person is likely tired with the vehicle and moves on.
There you have it

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I’ve never heard of a dealership specific extended warranty. All extended warranties I’ve seen are from outside companies that are pushed by dealerships.
Traditionally, the mark up is double whatever it costs the dealership, so keep that in mind when negotiating.