Sponsored

Borla resonator

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just like using an X or H pipe you can add this resonator to any exhaust setup as long as input/output (adapters can be used also) match up.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stangster1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2011 GT500, 1993 Cobra
So, I know they say that this is for Borla Exhausts only but in the real world, would this work on the stock exhaust on a 2019? Reason I'm asking is I want to maintain my Active Exhaust.
Yes it will go on your factory exhaust but you will have to cut your stock resonator out to put the Borla one in.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I received the new FP by Borla unit yesterday and it is indeed the same length and has the same inputs/output sizes as my 2.5 inch Borla x pipe. Tentatively, install on Sunday.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I inspected this thing a little closer today and while it is an H pipe, the little internal nubs that we’re illustrated earlier in the thread are not capped like you would see with a helmholtz resonator; it’s just a hole into the body of the resonator itself, the rounded sheet metal part. If you shine a light into one of the inlet/outlet pipes, you can see light coming out of the drain holes in the body of the resonator. Its not very elegant, but it is very clear that this will be louder than the Borla resonator that has the fiberglass packing.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, I got it swapped out. It’s not as loud as I expected; general cruising is closer to the Borla resonator than the x pipe, cold starts are more aggressive than with the Borla resonator, and under throttle it is louder but not raspy. Highway cruising has a little bit more volume to it but not as bad as with the x pipe. I haven’t opened it up yet (because city slicker) but from what I can tell there is more of a staccato, almost barking sound, kind of reminding me of a Dodge 392. I’ll get some videos once my faithful assistant returns home from her business trip.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Although I was liking the Ford Performance by Borla resonator, I ordered and installed the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator today. I had to try it since it is the only other option out there and I had to see if if would work out or not. First start up was a cold start and it is pretty tame. It is much quieter overall and pretty deep at cold idle. Warm idle you can hardly hear it. I hope this thing "breaks-in" and some volume comes back or I am switching back to the Ford Performance by Borla resonator because as of right now, it is way too quiet for me. You cannot tell I am running Kooks catless headers with Extreme mufflers. It is quieter than when I had my catback and xpipe resonator delete and the stock headers/cats.

On the install of the Magnaflow Tru-X, I had to cut the outlet pipes so that it would be the same overall length as the Borla/Ford Xpipes and resonators. It fit perfectly once I did that.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Although I was liking the Ford Performance by Borla resonator, I ordered and installed the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator today. I had to try it since it is the only other option out there and I had to see if if would work out or not. First start up was a cold start and it is pretty tame. It is much quieter overall and pretty deep at cold idle. Warm idle you can hardly hear it. I hope this thing "breaks-in" and some volume comes back or I am switching back to the Ford Performance by Borla resonator because as of right now, it is way too quiet for me. You cannot tell I am running Kooks catless headers with Extreme mufflers. It is quieter than when I had my catback and xpipe resonator delete and the stock headers/cats.

On the install of the Magnaflow Tru-X, I had to cut the outlet pipes so that it would be the same overall length as the Borla/Ford Xpipes and resonators. It fit perfectly once I did that.
I have catless longtubes with Roush mufflers and also just installed the Magnaflow Tru-X and it does sound great and deep but also way too quiet for me as well. I had just an X-Pipe in there with my setup and it was crazy loud. Constant cracks and pops on decel, it was ear piercing. I'm shocked how much the Magnaflow toned it down. I'm definitely impressed with it but think I may be taking it back out....lol
Sponsored