Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
no worries! I might be reaching out with some specific questions as I save up. Might even see if you want to let go of those Ford racing struts after you install the Ridetechs
For sure! Feel free to hit me up. I enjoy talking about cars with people. I guess I haven't been interested in going to established car meets. Maybe too much bling bling "showing off" type stuff for me, but who knows maybe in the future I will get into it.
Actually I have someone else who hit me up interested on the Ford Performance dampers - so i'll have you #2 in line :giggle:
Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Find a cars and coffee for a car meet. Those can be usually lower key depending on the area

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Update: as I was swapping my wheels I noticed some damage on the Indy 500s. Compound cracking from driving it too far into the winter (user error obviously). And I found a screw in one of them close to the sidewall.

Recently i picked up a light takeoff set of 6-piston Brembos and rotors which will go on soon.

Considering I would eventually need new tires or another set of 19" wheels for winter duty to accommodate the larger Brembos, I decided to go with all seasons. BFG Sport Comp A/S 2 in 255/40R19 for my Drift wheels. Now I'll be able to use those all year round and use the 19x11 MRR and RE71R setup for the track and random weekend fun.

I have been wanting to fix an alignment issue for a little while too, so I am doing the tires and a fresh alignment tomorrow, along with new BMR adjustable camber arms, BMR toe rods with new rod ends + RERS3 seals-it dust boots. I am also doing the BMR WAK761 camber lockout to go along with the camber arms. The addition of the BMR camber arms and toe rods pretty much do away with the last of the rubber suspension bushings in my car.

The Ridetech coilovers are still on hold, as is the Brembos. The Brembos I will probably do in the next several weeks. And I've still yet to buy the 305 RE71Rs - probably get those in a month or so. Shit gets expensive man. Lol

Hopefully the new alignment parts will help me get to my desired alignment specs. I'll report back. Crossing my fingers with no issues on the alignment and those pesky toe rod noises.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
what's your goal? I'm 2.1F/1.8R camber.
About that. I'm gonna try to do -2/-1.5 for now, just to get a bit spacing between F/R. Maybe -2.3/-1.8 if possible. I think last time the alignment shop didn't realize I still had BMR cam bolts, and they might have it turned in the opposite direction adding a bit of positive camber back. Thus, the plates maxed out. I am going to alert them to that and if that is case, I should be able to get a little bit more. Last time they explained to me they couldn't go more than -2. Then it didn't hit me until later what the likely culprit was.

But hitting my ultimate goal is not critical right now because it will need to get tweaked again once I install the Ridetechs. But I'm gonna do a couple events on the current setup and add the RE71Rs to see what that does.

My ultimate goal is about -2.5 up front and anywhere from -1.7 to -2 in rear. Vorshlag recommended -2 in the rear for me. In their testing this has worked out the best and straight line traction does not suffer. Also, they said there is no benefit whatsoever of going beyond -2 rear.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Got the new tires and aligned with the BMR adjustable camber arms and camber lockout brackets.

See new alignment settings below.

Attachments

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I did the GT350R steering wheel yesterday. Much better. Very much worth it!
Resized_20200407_183231.jpeg

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Didn't like the carbon fiber wheel?

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Didn't like the carbon fiber wheel?
At first I did, but over time it just didn't feel right. Plus the carbon fiber portion becomes slippery and makes it harder to turn in parking lots or quicker maneuvers. Otherwise, a very nice looking wheel.

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
MORE stuff!

The other day I ordered PP belly pan and splitter, along with ZL1 splitter extension.
And just now ordered Bridgestone RE-71 305/30R19, along with competition heat cycling service.

Lots to do lots to do guys... Here's what I got on my plate:

-Schroth QuickFit Pro harness
-Brembo 6 piston calipers/PP front rotors plus new rotors for the rears with PP brake pads
-PP belly pan/splitter/ZL1 Extension
-Get RE71Rs mounted & balanced

*I'll be selling my Steeda 2 piece rotors.

I decided to get the heat cycling after reading good reviews on it. With many heat cycles and tracking, the tires can become hard over time and not grip as much afterwards. From reviews I've read, the heat cycling service helps maintain the pliancy in the rubber to make them perform more consistently over the tire's life. According to the guy at Tire Rack I spoke to, "customers have reported better wear and overall lap times from performing heat cycling on extreme performance summer tires".

I think those mods are gonna just about do it for me, at least for this year I think. Ridetechs will be put on hold. I want to experience the BMR SP083/FP dampers setup with the harness on and sticky tires. Definitely my body moving around deterred me from pushing harder. Although who knows when I get back out on track again. Until that time I can still have weekend fun with the RE71Rs. :)

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If you run into anything funky on that count, post up, eh? My EB/PP is about to get that treatment sans the PP1 splitter. I'm hoping it'll be uneventful.
Absolutely, I will! I think I have a pretty good idea what to do and what I need to expect from it. I do plan on mounting splitter rods to the crash beam.

My plan is do all of that at once because it should be easier to make sure the ZL1 splitter hardware goes through into the holes for the PP splitter. Instructions say to do it with the belly pan on the car, but I will remove the whole bumper. @Biggsy tipped me off on that bit and a couple other things. He's going to be mounting the rods soon and giving me pics/write up.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
My plan is do all of that at once because it should be easier to make sure the ZL1 splitter hardware goes through into the holes for the PP splitter. Instructions say to do it with the belly pan on the car, but I will remove the whole bumper
great idea! takes longer but much easier and efficient with everything off. But then when you put it back on, due to the added weight, it definitely helps to have a second set of hands to make sure nothing like your fog light wires or whatever doesn't get caught up.
Sponsored