Sponsored

Corsa Extreme Active Exhaust Issues

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
Hi guys!

I recently just got Corsa Extreme Active exhaust and installed them this past week. I love the sound! However, I am having couple issues and was hoping if someone can point me in the right direction as I will tackle it over the weekend and don't want to mess too much and risk breaking spring or damaging actuators.

Here are the issues I have been having:

Putting in Quiet mode and the valves just pops in and out constantly
Putting in Normal and then changing to track or Sport, sometimes causes the valve to be stuck/closes all the way then flips open

Track and Sport work as intended.

I am sure I aligned the spring correctly, as I am told it won't even move the valve if incorrectly seated.

Does anyone have tips or some pointers what went wrong during the install, as no one else has the issues described except valve rattle (Which I have too :headbang:)

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
They said to disconnect the battery for 30 mins, did that, but nothing. Ended up swapping out the motors and all works well now! It still amazes me how the exhaust can be so quiet while cruising and LOUD when you want it to be!

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Glad ya got it fixed......I love the various exhaust modes and "Sport" is my favorite OEM mode!!

Ayee__Jay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Hi guys!

I recently just got Corsa Extreme Active exhaust and installed them this past week. I love the sound! However, I am having couple issues and was hoping if someone can point me in the right direction as I will tackle it over the weekend and don't want to mess too much and risk breaking spring or damaging actuators.

Here are the issues I have been having:

Putting in Quiet mode and the valves just pops in and out constantly
Putting in Normal and then changing to track or Sport, sometimes causes the valve to be stuck/closes all the way then flips open

Track and Sport work as intended.

I am sure I aligned the spring correctly, as I am told it won't even move the valve if incorrectly seated.

Does anyone have tips or some pointers what went wrong during the install, as no one else has the issues described except valve rattle (Which I have too :headbang:)

Thanks for your help!
I had the exact same situation happen with me. Ordered and Installed Flowmaster Outlaw AB's with active exhaust. Immediately heard rattling coming from the passenger valve, only when in Quiet, Normal, and somewhat of Sport. Then both began to rattle pretty bad. Now my passenger side valve only opens up to Sport. If I put it in Track it will open 3/4 and literally cause both sides to constantly open and close. I was actually sending my exhaust back tomorrow to get it replaced because the valves rattle horribly bad at low-mid rpms. If anyone knows a solution PLEASE let me know and also when you swapped the motors out, did they supply you with new ones or did you have to go buy some? (Sorry I don't know too much when it comes to this subject)

Sponsored

OP
OP

S550-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Race Red
I swapped the passenger and driver motors with each other. Most videos (AM, CJ) say they are not side specific, but Corsa says they are. My guess would be I initially installed Driver side to Passenger and vice versa. I would try swapping your motors, if still acts up, I'd give Flowmaster a call as they should be able replace if defective.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
I have the same problem with the Flowmaster outlaw for my 18 Gt with active exhaust. I have had three units so far and each one has a terrible rattle on quiet, normal and sport. Track mode is the only one that seems to be ok. Any one have luck with flowmaster and finding ways to fix it?