Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That's a lot of windmills
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_wind_power

Most of the wind turbines contain SF6 gas, which is 23,500 times more potent a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide and remains in the atmosphere for at least 1,000 years.[23] Turbines leak a small amount of gas during normal operation.[24]
Perhaps more important is that since wind is somewhat variable, the other power sources needed to keep power supply relatively constant end up working less efficiently (start-up emission levels typically being higher than at steady-state/fully warmed up). Adding more windmills would exaggerate this issue rather than help solve it.

Norm
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Every form of energy production will have/has adverse effects. The hope is that we will find the ones that do the least harm.
Agreed what I am trying to show is that we are being mislead, misinformed, lied to and kept in the dark about the other forms of energy production. Pollution isn't being reduced much if any it's just the sources of pollution are being spread around to many more different things. EV's aren't reducing pollution 80 percent of EV pollution comes from making the car 15 percent from charging the EV over it's life time and the other 5 percent are the used up EV batteries.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Every form of energy production will have/has adverse effects. The hope is that we will find the ones that do the least harm.
Fusion.... Yet we are barely funding R&D for the effort because.... politics.....

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What I most despise about wind turbines is that they are hazardous to raptors. I love me some eagles.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
What I most despise about wind turbines is that they are hazardous to raptors. I love me some eagles.
And they don't work for shit. They are just for publicity. Nuclear is where it's at, but it melts too many snowflakes.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As a percentage of over-all sales, non-domestic sales are about 16-17%.
So to keep the Mustang a viable product, they have to ignore non-domestic markets.
That's one way to look at it. But in order to see the whole picture I would also consider the effects that the European market had on the Mustang itself.
The S550 is perhaps the best Mustang ever. Reliability, build quality, attention to details, optional extras, everything is noticeably better than it was in previous generations. And that's precisely thanks to Ford's struggle to make it good enough for Europe.
The European market is very exigent. Faults that are still common today in some American cars were unacceptable in Europe even twenty years ago. If you want to sell in Europe you cannot afford to be sloppy with the build quality. The strive to create a Mustang worthy of being sold in Europe has utimately benefitted the American market as well. I don't think the S550 would have been such a good car if they had continued to ignore the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Rest of the world sales are not just 16 or 17% though.

(these are 2018 sales figures as I can't find the totals for 2019 yet).

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...s-the-best-selling-sport-coupe-globally-again

Around the world, Ford put 113,066 Mustangs in drivers' hands in 2018 in 146 different countries
.Of the 113,066 Mustangs sold globally, Americans bought 75,842 of them, or 67 percent.

That means 33% of Mustang sales are "rest of the world" sales.

I honestly believe if Ford hadn't gone global with the 6th Gen, we might not have gotten the 7th Gen that we now know is coming.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Rest of the world sales are not just 16 or 17% though.

(these are 2018 sales figures as I can't find the totals for 2019 yet).

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...s-the-best-selling-sport-coupe-globally-again

Around the world, Ford put 113,066 Mustangs in drivers' hands in 2018 in 146 different countries
.Of the 113,066 Mustangs sold globally, Americans bought 75,842 of them, or 67 percent.

That means 33% of Mustang sales are "rest of the world" sales.

I honestly believe if Ford hadn't gone global with the 6th Gen, we might not have gotten the 7th Gen that we now know is coming.
Whether it's 16-17%, or 33%, doesn't matter. If ICE engines are banned in Europe, then Mustangs cannot be sold there.

Because of that, there's 0 concern about the Euro market for the Mustang.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
They are not banned, and won't be for a long time to come.
20 years. And that's just with the current legislation recently proposed. That date may move forward. Hell, they wanted it to be 10 years from now.

Morons, thinking we're harming the environment with cars.......complete and utter morons. At least Britain got out of that EU non-sense. Good for them.

Understand my desire to tell the EU they're not getting any more Mustangs......

It's just a big middle finger to those fruit-loop moon-bats.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It won't happen.
Besides, I believe those discussions about banning them were in Britain, not in EU, so your hatred might be a bit misaimed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It won't happen.
Besides, I believe those discussions about banning them were in Britain, not in EU, so your hatred might be a bit misaimed.
Vlad, as you’ve been reading many Americans have a real issue regarding change and evolution. And heaven forbid there’s a chance of taking something from them, regardless if it for the greater good or not.
So a question please. How do folks on your side of the pond feel about this? Especially since you’ve only had Mustang’s for five years.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Vlad, as you’ve been reading many Americans have a real issue regarding FORCED change and evolution. And heaven forbid there’s a chance of taking something from them, regardless if it for the greater good or not.
So a question please. How do folks on your side of the pond feel about this? Especially since you’ve only had Mustang’s for five years.
Fixed that for you, bud! :like:
Sponsored