Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT (current) 2017 Ruby Red GT350 (past)
i definitely miss my 350... it just felt like a special car and it felt much more dialed in and raucous than the 5.0... that being said, when i was looking again, i couldn't justify spending $25k more for another 350... i have 80% of the car for 60% of the price with the 5.0 and most days i'm happy with my decision.

i also drive my 5.0 everywhere, everyday, rain, snow or shine and with the 350 i felt like i couldn't enjoy it like i should because it was the nicest car i'd ever owned and i wanted to polish it after every drive.

i'd love to have both. the 3rd gen coyote with the 10 speed is a beast and surprisingly sounds almost voodoo like at times.

RZTceOR.jpg

TwNDc5w.jpg

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
i have 80% of the car for 60% of the price with the 5.0 and most days i'm happy with my decision.

i also drive my 5.0 everywhere, everyday, rain, snow or shine and with the 350 i felt like i couldn't enjoy it like i should because it was the nicest car i'd ever owned and i wanted to polish it after every drive.

i'd love to have both. the 3rd gen coyote with the 10 speed is a beast and surprisingly sounds almost voodoo like at times.
Very well said. In my case since I decided on a convertible I'd say I got 90% of the car for 60% of the price. Of course to me that last 10% of the GT350 adds 20% more wow factor and 20% more fun but I'm with you. I can drive the GT more often and not care so much - just enjoy it. The 350, not so much. I still would drive a 350 more than many but just by nature I'd limit it. I do that with the GT already. It is 24 degrees right now but sunny and the roads are dry. I drove it today. Wouldn't have driven the 350 on a day like today unless I had winter tires on it and would still me too worried about residual salt on the raods. I did not drive the GT a few days ago because the roads were wet and salty.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
seriously why is this even a thread in here? Its just causing more of the same old in fighting as in the last thread.

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seriously why is this even a thread in here? Its just causing more of the same old in fighting as in the last thread.

it’s a discussion board. where people ask questions and talk about things.

why are you in here just to bitch?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I prefer the GT 5.0 over the GT350 simply because the 5.0 is sold officially in Europe, while the GT350 isn't. :p
I'm sure a GT350 is a really special car, but for us here even a basic GT is more than special enough when you look at the sorry pencil sharpeners on wheels that most of us Europeans are driving.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it’s a discussion board. where people ask questions and talk about things.

why are you in here just to bitch?
No I am not but it causes idiot responses to like yours, why even say something like that man?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
GT over GT350 for street driving anytime. If you're going to road race/autocross the car fairly often, then GT350 all day......

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
All those are valid points. My PP1 car has upgraded cooling system standard and all the other upgrades mentioned don't put me anywhere near GT350 price and way off GT500 price. I can vent the hood for free, change the front fascia for about $800 before paint match. Diff coolers are the same on both cars. The Tremec is worth about $2000 over the MT-82. Brakes are a wash with the performance pack, k brace, sway bar, suspension etc. Down force is better with the PP1 car than the GT. Tires are track ready. I run 5W50 per Whipple warranty. I bet my 5.0 uses less oil in a track session than the Voodoo. I like my value per dollar in the comparison.
When you bring money into the equation, adding performance never makes sense. Meaning you don't get double the performance for double the money. The lightest, lowest power car possible is your best option if you are talking money and consumables on the road course (Miata).

But we all want what we want. I think GTs are great, but I did by far prefer the GT350. It really bothered me that when I added Ford factory coolers to the transmission and rear diff in my GT350 I lost my warranty on those parts. Part of the reason I don't own a GT right now is not wanting to add aftermarket coolers to a brand new vehicle. But I need those track days! So my best solution I think in the Ford world is either a GT350 or something that's out of warranty where I won't feel dumb canceling a warranty on the drivetrain of a new vehicle.

My Voodoo engine didn't burn oil on track.

cozmo2312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I am not but it causes idiot responses to like yours, why even say something like that man?

you've come into a DISCUSSION thread on a DISCUSSION forum only to bitch about people DISCUSSING a topic.

the same could be asked about you. why come in here just to bitch without contributing anything worthwhile of value?

so either contribute to the thread and the question at hand or find a different thread. it aint hard. right now your post contributed nothing of value.

Sponsored

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you've come into a DISCUSSION thread on a DISCUSSION forum only to bitch about people DISCUSSING a topic.

the same could be asked about you. why come in here just to bitch without contributing anything worthwhile of value?

so either contribute to the thread and the question at hand or find a different thread. it aint hard. right now your post contributed nothing of value.
Perhaps I could have worded it differently but your response is exactly what I was referring to. There will always be 2 sides and asking who prefers one over the other most always has bickering and fighting over what is better. If you look back at other threads just like this one you will see what I mean. Pretty sure it was locked up for just that reason. Not sure why you decided to attack me because I asked a valid question. Its my opinion that these threads don't really contribute much, you disagree and that's fine.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
"Alright you two can come out of your rooms now."

Background Chatter
"You know dear, the boys are starting to really grow up....Oh sure, they scrap once in a while, but boys will be boys. I say we get then each a GT500 this year for Christmas." "Do you think they deserve that Honey?" "Well, I found hundreds of posts on this Mustang Forum by both of them, and yes, I think they would be elated... besides, I always wanted one when I was a kid."

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I think the GT350 is a great car and a spectacular ending to the fire breathing only high hp 302 ci mustangs. For non drag track (turning corners) work it is truly a piece of art. But, as others have noted the gen3 brought the standard coyote not to far off the mark performance wise to the 5.2. Especially once you E tune it. The value proposition of a 30-33k base GT bought today is hard to beat. Add 10-15k in what ever speed parts and you have a pretty nice giant slayer for the $.
Sponsored