Sponsored

The evolution of the Mustang Black Box data

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You are better off in the long run grabbing a 6 pack of beer and road raging out on a Forza 4 Horizon game or like. Lol...

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
New World Order, it's here in our face, the battle is on! Wish I still had my modded 83 Caprice, stolen & never found

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
New World Order, it's here in our face, the battle is on! Wish I still had my modded 83 Caprice, stolen & never found
Couldn't find it because vehicle didn't have the technology

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Black Box data logging has been around since 1994; GM was the first to use it.

Source:
https://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/esv/esv17/Proceed/00203.pdf

Now before everyone dawns their tin foil hats - why be concerned with how you’re tracked in your vehicle?

You’re being tracked as much if not more by your damn phones (or other mobile devices). You’re photos are tracked and tagged (for those that don’t know). You’re tracked via GPS the instant you use your in-vehicle navigation or plug into “Waze” or any other similar nav app. GPS also tracks speed, location, etc.

I mean, the “panic” over what the APIM or PCM is gathering is silly.

Not to mention the zillions of in-car camera, stop light camera, ATM camera, security camera, doorbell camera or XYZ camera footage being captured nearly EVERYWHERE across the planet these days.

All of us are being tracked, monitored, tagged, watched, listened to, recorded, etc... and in many instances without any one of us even knowing.

An APIM or PCM data log of your daily driving should be the least thing to worry about in 2020.

Accident reconstruction (major accidents) can determine if the person doing “4 mph over” had any fault in a major accident involving fatalities or serous wounds.
Yes, because that justifies a manufacturer to data log that stuff. There's nothing wrong with the eye for an eye fallacy!
Sponsored