OP

blazebullock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blaze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Katzkin kit I bought is slightly better leather than what Ford's putting on their seats, so be aware that if you go with OEM rears, they're going to be a bit shinier and harder than the Katzkin leather up front.

I like mine so far. No stretching, no abrasion for a little over a year now.

Katzkin.jpg
That's awesome and right inline with what Katzkin says about their seats on their website about their seats being top of the line and not needing to be cleaned as much as other leather seats. I know that's not exactly what you said but I like that I keep hearing they're better than OEM leather!
Sponsored

OP
OP

blazebullock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blaze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I too have katzkin. The install was fairly simple and they look great! 3rd set on 3 vehicles!
Purchased the basic kit for about $600 on ebay. They look and feel awesome!
Wow that's cheap! Glad you like them. Thanks for the info!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The ford leather seats are not all leather, only the part that actually touches you is leather the rest is vinyl, and the back seats are all vinyl, turns out about 95% of all factory leather seats are like this, only high end luxury cars and exotics use all leather. The katzkins come the same way, but you can upgrade to all leather if you choose and they are a better grade than what ford uses, and you can get them in multiple colors along with many other options. Eventually I'm going to replace my factory skins with katzkins leathers, mine are already showing signs of wear.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I had them installed on my 2017 f150 when I bought it. 64,000 miles later, there still holding great. IMHO there better then oem. What I liked, I got the color I wanted, not the couple choices Ford offered.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Our interior vendor uses Katzkin for their leather. It is higher quality than factory leather on the mainstream brands and I would have no issue putting it in my personal vehicle

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I did Katzkin in my 93 Cobra, and loved them. When my seats start showing wear in my current vehicle, I'll replace with a Katzkin kit.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how the various ebay guys have gotten ahold of their wares (Katzkin corp said, "not possible") but that aside, I got a quote of $600 or $900 to do an install. Seems it's a full-day effort to do the full set.

Deleted member 35644

I don't know how the various ebay guys have gotten ahold of their wares (Katzkin corp said, "not possible") but that aside, I got a quote of $600 or $900 to do an install. Seems it's a full-day effort to do the full set.
If they really meant that (I think they were bullshitting you), they'd be on Ebay getting the counterfeit Katzkin sellers shut down. You'll notice that the sales continue. Their authorized installers can order what they want from Katzkin. The fact that they sell a lot of them on Ebay is just gravy for us.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If they really meant that (I think they were bullshitting you), they'd be on Ebay getting the counterfeit Katzkin sellers shut down.
the girl on the phone was clearly just an order taker so yeah, I didn't give it any credence. She couldn't tell me what the breakdown was for material vs labor. $1800 total installed "at an authorized installer" struck me as high given the material is being sold for about $800 (which embeds the 10% ebay hit), so 1000 for install seemed right royal nuts.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Seat cover installs are a lot of labor. It takes hours to do, so $1000 sounds about right.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Yeah, search eBay for a color combo you like and go with that. Theres a lot of installed pictures on eBay too. My dads been a mechanic 20+ years and we installed OEM leather seat covers on my base 2014. It wasn't easy but what was nice was you could just do a seat a day or something. We did fronts one weekend, rears the next. If you're handy I think it'd be worth it to save the $1000 installation.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
my co worker installed Latherseats.com in his first gen NSX. Excellent quality

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LeatherSeats.com I think they are affiliated with Katzkin, but you can buy the covers and install them yourself.

If it were me, I'd go with seat covers to preserve the fabric on the cloth seats. If I go with a Mustang for my next car, I'm purposely going to look for a car with cloth seats. Slap some covers on the seats and even after years of use, the seats will look brand new underneath. Leather is just going to crack and crease over time.
Save it for the next owner, huh? I guess if you prefer sitting on covers rather than the actual seats...
Sponsored