Sponsored

Pricing advice for 2019 Mustang GT

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
Right now I'm looking at a local Kona Blue A10 GT Premium PP1, Recaros, Active Exhaust, 401A.. They are at 18% off without negotiation and I was going to shoot for 20% off then take the 0% financing.

My question is should I be shooting for even more than 20% off? This dealer has 4 similar cars but the Kona Blue isn't common around here.

careful when you opt for the 0% APR.

a lot of times they have ford sale incentives baked into the sale price.

when you go for the 0% APR they will take away those sale incentives (pretty much charging you the amount of the ford sale incentive for taking the 0% APR)
Sponsored

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3

when you go for the 0% APR they will take away those sale incentives (pretty much charging you the amount of the ford sale incentive for taking the 0% APR)
You're actually right and the dealer ended up advising me of this. Went to my CU and got 2%.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Good advise. You need to look at your total deal including the cost of your car, trade, rebates and financing. You also need to weight the cost of interest over the lifetime of the loan vs. the amount of the rebate. I've found that in most cases 0% financing comes out ahead. Why? The amount of interest my money is making by not giving it to Ford.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I've found that in most cases 0% financing comes out ahead. Why? The amount of interest my money is making by not giving it to Ford.
I don't mind paying 2-3% when I'm making 12-14% each month in the stock market. That's also why I don't pay cash for vehicles even if I have it. Debt in of itself is not a bad thing. Now paying 7-15% interest on a car that's depreciating at 9% a years is bonkers. Aside from 1% loans, I take the monthly div by 3 and then make the payment x4. Knocks a 18mo or more off the term.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
I don't mind paying 2-3% when I'm making 12-14% each month in the stock market. That's also why I don't pay cash for vehicles even if I have it. Debt in of itself is not a bad thing. Now paying 7-15% interest on a car that's depreciating at 9% a years is bonkers.
Vanguard S&P 500 Index was 24% last year ;)

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Vanguard S&P 500 Index was 24% last year ;)
I said 14% a MONTH, not year. I expect the S&P to crash 30% this year. Or at least I have options betting on that. But back to our regularly scheduled 'How to buy a Mustang cheap'.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
I said 14% a MONTH, not year. I expect the S&P to crash 30% this year. Or at least I have options betting on that. But back to our regularly scheduled 'How to buy a Mustang cheap'.
I was just agreeing with you that the market is strong. Calm down sparky.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Did just a bit better than 15% off.
However they helped me out on my trade as my trade as a bad car fax which helped me out with tax too. So a bit over 43k OTD.
Sticker on my car was 49,1xx.
(I was not able to get the 0%)
07EA4653-88DA-4CFC-9CC4-AD1A2C9984DE.jpeg

Sponsored

1Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Convertible
I spoke to a neighbor of mine, who was a fleet manager at a local Ford dealership. I told him what kind of discount I got and he stated that for the greater San Francisco Bay Area, that I got a good deal at 12% off of MSRP. I guess it's all dependent on your local economy.
A good deal is 12% off PRIOR to the application of all rebates.

Bear

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I sure wish I had gone short in the market. Nothing like a pandemic to make it happen a lot faster.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
A good deal is 12% off PRIOR to the application of all rebates.

Bear
I expect the definition of a good deal will be changing a lot.

GT5.0Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I don't mind paying 2-3% when I'm making 12-14% each month in the stock market. That's also why I don't pay cash for vehicles even if I have it. Debt in of itself is not a bad thing. Now paying 7-15% interest on a car that's depreciating at 9% a years is bonkers. Aside from 1% loans, I take the monthly div by 3 and then make the payment x4. Knocks a 18mo or more off the term.
12-14% every month in stock market is great if you can repeat it every month for 9 months

gf2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Tundra
Right now I'm looking at a local Kona Blue A10 GT Premium PP1, Recaros, Active Exhaust, 401A.. They are at 18% off without negotiation and I was going to shoot for 20% off then take the 0% financing.

So how did you make out?
Sponsored