Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I skipped on it when I got my 18’ and I’m somewhat regretting it. I just want to hear it from the people who have it already... is it worth it?

I did look into it and seen them going for $2,000 for the kits, which I can’t justify it lol I was more likely if I do decide to add, I’ll get it out of a wrecked mustang.
BBE07A49-F1DF-4726-82A0-A511A1A56FCA.jpeg
E9115610-AE6D-4777-8F5E-DAEF00F168EB.jpeg
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
For me it was a must, I like options for my money and with it you have different looks and it’s also great how you can set it up with a shift light.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I thought I really wanted it, but have seen lots of examples in pictures where the gauges get "washed out" from sun glare from certain angles. Maybe somebody that has them can comment.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I thought I really wanted it, but have seen lots of examples in pictures where the gauges get "washed out" from sun glare from certain angles. Maybe somebody that has them can comment.
Not an issue. If the sun is strong enough to washout the digital dash it will do the same with the analog dash. I’ve had both you so I know from experience.

Sponsored

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
its really worth it. once driving one youll never want to go back to an analog one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I love it, and it was a "must have" for me, and since I was planning on a 401a package, and that's how it's bundled it all made sense - and, when wrapped up into the overall cost of the car (I mean, a loaded convertible GT pushes $60K), it's kind of trivial.

FWIW, I was also coming from a '16, and with the interiors being - more or less - the same, I wanted as much of a new experience as possible, and the digital dash really changed it up.

All that being said, I'm not sure if I'd be inclined to add it after the fact, removing interior, (that never seem to go back together just right), introducing possible warranty hassles if the electrical goes pear shaped. If you love to DIY, don't mind the hassle, and score a good deal (I saw some really inexpensive used clusters on FleaBay), yeah, maybe, it's pretty cool.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I have it and really like it. The display in Sport+ is about perfect.

Being that the only factory way to get it is 401A it's VERY pricey if you're only interested in the dash. I love mu midnight blue premium interior and I'm glad I spent the money.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
It was to me, I did the conversion when I had my 17. The best non-performance you can do, it literally put a smile on my face every time I started the car. Two of my friends also did the conversion after me.

I now have a 19, I only looked at cars which had the 401a package.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I added it to my 18, totally worth it, It can be done for alot less than 2k if you do a little research and purchase the parts yourself. I spent under 1k doing mine and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
Totally worth it. My only two complaints are that only normal mode let's you see the titles of songs in the top center of the gauges. I like seeing the song titles, so I never end up switching the visual modes. Also, I wish you could have the custom gauges scale in size if you have less than all three showing. For me, I really only want to see the boost gauge and would prefer it to be a larger, single gauge than retain the small size regardless of how many I have shown.

Otherwise, it's pretty amazing! I have the gauges color matched to my car color and stripes.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It was a MUST HAVE for me.
The first time I saw it in person on my buddy's Mustang, I had to have it. Plus, being able to customize it, makes it that much better! Highly recommended.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
in almost 2 years of ownership i dont ever recall having a situation where the sun washed out the cluster. Living in Las Vegas desert i think id be in a prime location for it to happen. but ive never noticed or had a problem with it. I can say ive had a reflection glare off the plastic, but its the same thing in every car ive had if the angle is perfect. Its never been any where close that i couldnt read the info i needed to read at the time.