Borla Exhaust SwitchFire X-Pipe for the 2015+ Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hi guys, I bit the bullet and bought this switch fire pipe. The price is what had me on fence. I read that it benefits most from active exhaust which I have and let me tell you. I love this thing. I know everyone wants sound clips but let me tell you internet sound clips don't do any exhaust justice. I have hardly yet heard a clip that sounds like the real thing does. Especially true for this pipe. Matter of fact it was the sound clips that almost made me not buy it.

My personal thoughts on it. The overall tone and sound of the car is soo soo much better. its louder but not. its louder in volume but not in tone. it's got a more refined bassier tone now smoother not as choppy. it's a loud that makes you go "man that sound good" instead of "man thats loud" . Quiet mode is so quiet, not nessiasarialy quieter then factory but again low evan bass tone that has a smoothness to it like a fine bourbon. Track mode is loud I mean has the nascar growl loud and the tone is off the charts. but even so It starts off low and quiet and builds and when you stomp it mean you'll get everyone to look. Its loud when you want it ot be and not when you dont. I had a guy chase me down just to ask what exhaust I had on and I said none its factory exhaust I just change mid pipe. My buddy is jealous (worth it alone) and everyone who has heard it loves it and I run with a pack of guys that we are brutal to each other is something sucks we tell each other and make fun of it LOL. Not with this crossfire. Now grain of salt these are my experiences you may hear it and say oh that's crap. But if you have active exhaust and it not modified in any way then simply adding this crossfire is amazing. Just read the online review won't hardly find any less than 5 stars.

The thing sells well cause when I ordered mine everyone was sold out and waiting on Borla to make more. So good indication of a good product and you don't see any used being sold so no one is unhappy and taking them off. All good indicators of a solid product.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I bit the bullet and bought this switch fire pipe. The price is what had me on fence. I read that it benefits most from active exhaust which I have and let me tell you. I love this thing. I know everyone wants sound clips but let me tell you internet sound clips don't do any exhaust justice. I have hardly yet heard a clip that sounds like the real thing does. Especially true for this pipe. Matter of fact it was the sound clips that almost made me not buy it.

My personal thoughts on it. The overall tone and sound of the car is soo soo much better. its louder but not. its louder in volume but not in tone. it's got a more refined bassier tone now smoother not as choppy. it's a loud that makes you go "man that sound good" instead of "man thats loud" . Quiet mode is so quiet, not nessiasarialy quieter then factory but again low evan bass tone that has a smoothness to it like a fine bourbon. Track mode is loud I mean has the nascar growl loud and the tone is off the charts. but even so It starts off low and quiet and builds and when you stomp it mean you'll get everyone to look. Its loud when you want it ot be and not when you dont. I had a guy chase me down just to ask what exhaust I had on and I said none its factory exhaust I just change mid pipe. My buddy is jealous (worth it alone) and everyone who has heard it loves it and I run with a pack of guys that we are brutal to each other is something sucks we tell each other and make fun of it LOL. Not with this crossfire. Now grain of salt these are my experiences you may hear it and say oh that's crap. But if you have active exhaust and it not modified in any way then simply adding this crossfire is amazing. Just read the online review won't hardly find any less than 5 stars.

The thing sells well cause when I ordered mine everyone was sold out and waiting on Borla to make more. So good indication of a good product and you don't see any used being sold so no one is unhappy and taking them off. All good indicators of a solid product.
Really glad to see this input, thank you. Out of curiosity, besides sound, was there any other benefits? Not that I would expect much but I'm curious.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
No
Really glad to see this input, thank you. Out of curiosity, besides sound, was there any other benefits? Not that I would expect much but I'm curious.
None really performance wise I mean there is some air flow inprovment im sure as the resonator is gone but any improvements in performance im sure are minimal. I mean I guess the throttle "seems" a bit more snappier but then again us mod people do have highly inaccurate butt dynos :) the only other side affect I have noticed is now and then I catch my wife making brooommm and grrr sounds when I mash the gas pedal. She enjoys it even if she won't admit it :) and it's really improved our sex life... ok I made that last part up.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I have to agree...sound clips on the internet don't do it justice. I love mine. I simply say this....it cleans everything up!

Sponsored

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok great guys just wanted to add some more details. I just got mine in and will be having it installed in a day or two.

whats it weight? 50" unit and clamps is 11 lbs. on my scale.

I have Kooks headers, gutted cats, stock resonator, active exhaust and 93 tune.

I did a decibel app reading using my tablet sitting on wing in the middle and did a cold start on normal mode. I got a 90dB peak that was sustained during initial cold high idle. Took meter inside car door closed 68-70 dB at cold high idle 1000rpms.

I will post after install...Cant wait to hear more sound.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Ok great guys just wanted to add some more details. I just got mine in and will be having it installed in a day or two.

I did a decibel app reading using my tablet sitting on wing in the middle and did a cold start on normal mode. I got a 90dB peak that was sustained during initial cold high idle. Took meter inside car door closed 68-70 dB at cold high idle 1000rpms.

I will say there is a big difference between loud and sound :) I have just the oem stock everything active and this switch fire. Mine has been the envy of about ever car meet Ive been too. Your startup and idle may or may not show a big difference with the switch fire and your set up. It's on the highway and under load it really comes alive. With my stock active exhaust first cold start it is rather loud but it calms down quick. And once warm if i put on quiet mode its a very very low rumble sometimes cant even hear it running from a distance. But once in track mode its got sound yes it's a bit loud but not in that "its loud " way. It is amazing tone and sound. My two best buds who mod cars and both have LOUD exhausts still till this day go man this exhaust sounds amazing on your car. It is hands down for me the best money I have spent on a mod. IM constantly playing with the active exhaust with this switch fire on it. I love to cruise around all quiet and when people get up and rev at a light I flip it to track and watch them go wow when I take off. I love love love mine. please post back what you think of it on your set up as Im sure will be different.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

did ya get it installed? what do you think?

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
did ya get it installed? what do you think?
I did get it installed but car is still at shop for suspension work and have not been able to get in it to hear it. Installing was straight forward per my mechanic.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
I did get it installed but car is still at shop for suspension work and have not been able to get in it to hear it. Installing was straight forward per my mechanic.
Ok the car has been driven and WOW does it have some new found sound experience. It is ZERO drone and has capability to go Quiet for neighbors and Extreme for the track.

Made a video for the group showing how the system sounds at different light cruise rpms and ofcourse at 6000rpms.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Ok the car has been driven and WOW does it have some new found sound experience. It is ZERO drone and has capability to go Quiet for neighbors and Extreme for the track.

Made a video for the group showing how the system sounds at different light cruise rpms and ofcourse at 6000rpms.
Yes.. This is the best mid pipe ever especially on active. Well worth the money. Just today I had people asking me to hear it. I love mine glad you love yours too.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Would be interested to hear this on a non-long tube car. Sounds good, but I hard to tell how much I'm hearing is headers, no cats, etc

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes.. This is the best mid pipe ever especially on active. Well worth the money. Just today I had people asking me to hear it. I love mine glad you love yours too.
Its gonna need some cats put back on as its a little raspy at 2300-2800. Might have to add some small tube resonators. The cold start dB increased from 90-100 with stock suitcase to 115 with the borla change.

even like it is the wife approves....yeah she a good wifey...LOL

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Just my opinion...but this mid-pipe is perfect for those who like the stock Active Exhaust but want a little more...as David Borla says himself. I myself will not modify the exhaust any more. It's perfect as is and can't understand why anyone would want it any louder. Hell, if I had headers already it kind of defeats the purpose of getting this mid pipe...just my .02.

Active Exhaust + SwitchFire = Perfection.

MustangMystique

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just my opinion...but this mid-pipe is perfect for those who like the stock Active Exhaust but want a little more...as David Borla says himself. I myself will not modify the exhaust any more. It's perfect as is and can't understand why anyone would want it any louder. Hell, if I had headers already it kind of defeats the purpose of getting this mid pipe...just my .02.

Active Exhaust + SwitchFire = Perfection.
+1 on this for sure. Borla has always had great tonal quality and performance. The Active Valve Exhaust makes the Coyote scream in Track Mode, and it's still very quiet in Quiet Mode.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.