Sponsored

Winter Driving Top-Down

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
We had a day a couple of weeks ago where it hit 68! I drove it to work and enjoyed the top down ride home (first and only time top down with this car).. the LONG way. i am kind of stuck as I have summer only tires, soI can't really drive it below freezing, I leave for work at 5am and it is near or below freezing an awful lot this time of year. I think for next year, I will need to get a good set of All Season tires to run year round and dump these summer only tires.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
We had a day a couple of weeks ago where it hit 68! I drove it to work and enjoyed the top down ride home (first and only time top down with this car).. the LONG way. i am kind of stuck as I have summer only tires, soI can't really drive it below freezing, I leave for work at 5am and it is near or below freezing an awful lot this time of year. I think for next year, I will need to get a good set of All Season tires to run year round and dump these summer only tires.
Set up a camera and burn out those crap summers. I remember my p zero’s would turn into rocks once it got below 50. Swapped them out at only 5k miles.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Set up a camera and burn out those crap summers. I remember my p zero’s would turn into rocks once it got below 50. Swapped them out at only 5k miles.
What did you change to? It will make a GREAT video. :camera:

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
What did you change to? It will make a GREAT video. :camera:
The always trusted Continental DWS06 which has one of the best snow rated high performance all season tires, but now I have moved onto Vredestein Quatrac 5, because they’re 3 peak Mountain snowflake rated all seasons!

Sponsored

Operator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
The always trusted Continental DWS06 which has one of the best snow rated high performance all season tires, but now I have moved onto Vredestein Quatrac 5, because they’re 3 peak Mountain snowflake rated all seasons!
I'm happy to see this because I just bought a '19 vert yesterday (my first convertible AND my first Mustang) and its tires are shot.

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
I'll bet he doesn't have the OEM tires.

Sponsored

Operator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EB
I bought a set of the Quatrac 5s yesterday based off this review. The dealer insisted they only sell safe cars, and did a good job buttering me up... turns out the guy knew nothing about cars and considers a state inspection to be a "safe" car, while the tires were down to 4/32".