Sponsored

Pay for suspension install or buy tools and do it myself?

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
So one of the shops finally responded to my email requesting a quote. This was the Denver shop recommended by the Steeda rep.
They estimated $1200 to $1400 including alignment!

Holy cow.

Does that seem high to you?

Definitely has me leaning to doing it myself. I can buy some needed tools for way under that, and learn a few things in the process.
I just don't want to screw anything up, or get killed while under the vehicle.
That doesn’t seem too outlandish. I got a quote similar to that for some suspension parts installation. For those saying that’s double what we should pay, or some are saying they only paid $500 or so, I’d like to hear where they’re getting their installs done.
For example, my car is a vacation car I keep in Las Vegas. I see it about 3 times a year, say a week and a half at a time. Between those times my brother drives it every week. So I prefer not to install myself since it’s my only transportation there and don’t want to spend my vacation in the garage. The parts I am needing install:
BMR cradle lockout kit
Ford performance toe links
Ford Performance knuckle bearing
BMR vertical links
BMR LCA bearing
Steeda G trac brace
Steeda alignment kit
I asked for a quote at 2 places, well known shops in the Vegas area.
MPR Performance which has a Ford master tech quoted $1200
The other place is Voodoo Racing Innovations. The owner drag races his 7-8 sec Cobra professionally. They quoted higher. Both of these shops work on Shelbys, Hellcats, Camaros etc.
If anyone here is in the Vegas area, I am open to your input.