kevin923

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hi guys,

So I’m planning my exhaust setup for my 2016 Mustang, and I had a few questions. I’m basing most of my setup off Droppin’ Gearz’s exhaust setup (video [probably the best sounding 3.7 I’ve ever seen]: ), however he removed his cats and installed the Lethal Performance Off-road legs. I’d do the same, however my county has pretty strict emissions testing, so I wouldn’t be able to get away with that for long. So I was wondering how different the car would sound with the cats on instead of the off road legs? Would the pitch/tone of the sound change, or would it just be quieter?

Also, this is a very stupid question, but a good friend of mine with the Corsa exhaust system is getting rid of his dual tips for new quad tips. He offered to sell the dual tips to me, however I believe they are meant to clamp onto a 3” pipe. So, as ghetto as this sounds, could the tips just be welded onto the rest of my 2.5” piping? :cwl:

Thanks,
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be quieter and a touch less raspy than his, hopefully drone less. He's admitted to drone multiple times for his setup (including in that video), so be aware of that going in..

You can get an exhaust shop to make most things work in terms of welding, they'd just need to step it down a half inch.

OP
OP

kevin923

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
It'd be quieter and a touch less raspy than his, hopefully drone less. He's admitted to drone multiple times for his setup (including in that video), so be aware of that going in..

You can get an exhaust shop to make most things work in terms of welding, they'd just need to step it down a half inch.
Would you think it would affect the deepness of the tone?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
With the only change between the two being cats or not, I'd guess a tad deeper but quieter and less raspy. But the deeper tone will be harder to tell due to the lower overall volume. These are all guesses, no cats makes it much louder though.

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
Its a big difference with having cats and not. In Texas, we have to have cats but theres always away around it. Just have to ask local mustang groups who they go to to "pass"

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi guys,

So I’m planning my exhaust setup for my 2016 Mustang, and I had a few questions. I’m basing most of my setup off Droppin’ Gearz’s exhaust setup (video [probably the best sounding 3.7 I’ve ever seen]: ), however he removed his cats and installed the Lethal Performance Off-road legs. I’d do the same, however my county has pretty strict emissions testing, so I wouldn’t be able to get away with that for long. So I was wondering how different the car would sound with the cats on instead of the off road legs? Would the pitch/tone of the sound change, or would it just be quieter?

Also, this is a very stupid question, but a good friend of mine with the Corsa exhaust system is getting rid of his dual tips for new quad tips. He offered to sell the dual tips to me, however I believe they are meant to clamp onto a 3” pipe. So, as ghetto as this sounds, could the tips just be welded onto the rest of my 2.5” piping? :cwl:

Thanks,
We can get you taken care of on those race legs here at @LethalPerformance! We have a 10% off coupon code active now which ends after Father's Day. use code DAD (all caps) at checkout! Shoot me a message if you have any questions!
Sponsored