Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
https://www.motor1.com/news/397868/ford-insider-reveals-mustang-f-150-bronco/

Take a look here at the last paragraph. Seems like it will be like 09-2010 again. New architecture interior and exterior body but still the same s550 platform. It may seem that the rumour for the actual ALL NEW mustang coming till 2026 could be true.

"Lastly, we come to Mustang. Sales for Ford’s pony car have been falling in recent years and thanks to a recent job posting from Ford, we know an all-new car (dubbed S650 internally) is coming in 2022 as a 2023 model. Our insider offers a bit more insight, saying it will launch the last week of June 2022. Furthermore, it won’t be an entirely new car – it will still utilize a variation of the current platform and we’re told it will only stick around for about five years. Beyond that, a completely new Mustang is expected at some point beyond 2025"

That looks pretty much identical to what @martinjlm has posted here in other threads......although the launch date is slightly different (1st week in May 2022 v last week in June) :like:

mustang-platform-codes-jpg.jpg

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Im in the land of 7 dollars a gallon of gas, 750 dollar a year road tax, crappy roads not built for big cars and parking spaces that seem to fit a pram these days. I will never ever own an eletric car, I love the mustang and has been a dream of mine since I was small to own a GT. I was made up when Ford brought them to the UK, people love it. The future is going to be an interesting one thats for sure.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
"Lastly, we come to Mustang. Sales for Ford’s pony car have been falling in recent years and thanks to a recent job posting from Ford, we know an all-new car (dubbed S650 internally) is coming in 2022 as a 2023 model. Our insider offers a bit more insight, saying it will launch the last week of June 2022. Furthermore, it won’t be an entirely new car – it will still utilize a variation of the current platform and we’re told it will only stick around for about five years. Beyond that, a completely new Mustang is expected at some point beyond 2025"

That looks pretty much identical to what @martinjlm has posted here in other threads......although the launch date is slightly different (1st week in May 2022 v last week in June) :like:

mustang-platform-codes-jpg.jpg
My 5/1/22 date is an estimated start of PRODUCTION date. A late June start of SALES date would fit with that. Maybe a little later in May for a start of production. We tend to default to a 1st of the month for estimated SOP dates. Typically SOP is about 4 - 6 weeks ahead of SOS.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thankfully it's only one company right now and there are unusual reasons behind that price hike... It shouldn't end up being the norm any time soon.
The problem is that precedent has been set, and the test of consumer willingness to pay a lot more is now in progress.

Once the rest of the companies find out that people are willing to pay significantly more, greed . . . err best bottom-line-oriented business practices . . . is sure to take over.

Norm

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
The problem is that precedent has been set, and the test of consumer willingness to pay a lot more is now in progress.

Once the rest of the companies find out that people are willing to pay significantly more, greed . . . err best bottom-line-oriented business practices . . . is sure to take over.

Norm
Of course they will pay it. They are eliminating ICE! What other practical choice will they have?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Of course they will pay it. They are eliminating ICE! What other practical choice will they have?
Rubber band powered cars.... gigantic industrial strength rubber bands. Twist, go and use regenerative power no fuel, no batteries, no emissions ...:crackup::giggle:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Rubber band powered cars.... gigantic industrial strength rubber bands. Twist, go and use regenerative power no fuel, no batteries, no emissions ...:crackup::giggle:
Hopefully there will be other alternatives.

120C72E5-9426-4655-888A-87FF9E9B31BA.jpeg
56C78C8D-E1B0-40F6-B78E-7516EF96D1F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The phrase "over a barrel" does come to mind here . . .

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The phrase "over a barrel" does come to mind here . . .

Norm
The extinction of ICE vehicles will mostly likely not happen in most of our lifetimes. No one knows what the future will bring. The one thing I believe will not change is “choice”. You had it 50 years ago and you will have it 50 years from now. For right now and for the foreseeable future the cost savings of EV’s vs. ICE, in the US will remain. It is in the best interest of the car manufacturers to make sure this happens.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I joke with a coworker about the hamsters under his hood being tired. Maybe...

Oh - you said PRACTICAL?
Sponsored