Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I'm curious too. Hopefully access hasn't somehow been limited.
I’m sure the folks at Forscan would find a workaround.:bandit:
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm curious too. Hopefully access hasn't somehow been limited.
I doubt that access has been limited, but I suspect that Ford has done a significant refresh of the vehicle systems. It's possible that some of the older setting groups, like the BCM setup, might be the same, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the dash and console/entertainment components now speak a different language.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Been a while since we have talked. Somewhere down the road, when I get stuck again, I know who I'm calling for help.

:)

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh....this double horn honk is already driving me nuts the same way it did on my GT350...

Sponsored

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I got the no elm when I hooked up to my 2018 F150 last January and also when I hooked up to the 19 R both times I installed the latest version of forscan and re submitted for a new license (still free) and I was able to tool around just like before no issues

robtee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Supercharged
Vehicle Showcase
62 page thread...is there a summary post that has the top tweaks made?
Can OP update his post with updated/working information??

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP sold his GT350 in 2017 and is now chasing a GT500, looking to do similar mods.

robtee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Supercharged
Vehicle Showcase
OP sold his GT350 in 2017 and is now chasing a GT500, looking to do similar mods.
Ah I see. Just figured someone would be able to aggregate all the info/tips for this

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still looking at a number of different vehicles and studying the data therein to hopefully get a head start on changes that can be made to the 2020 GT500 control modules. You really have to disseminate a lot of data and sift carefully through what you find in order to obtain accurate numbers/letters. You are way ahead with the GT350 and everything is here, you just have to spend a little time validating what worked for others to ensure it will work for you.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ah I see. Just figured someone would be able to aggregate all the info/tips for this
I'm still looking at a number of different vehicles and studying the data therein to hopefully get a head start on changes that can be made to the 2020 GT500 control modules. You really have to disseminate a lot of data and sift carefully through what you find in order to obtain accurate numbers/letters. You are way ahead with the GT350 and everything is here, you just have to spend a little time validating what worked for others to ensure it will work for you.
Search is a good feature!
When you tap/click on the search box, you’ll see a gear icon to the right.
Click on the ‘search this thread only’ box and enter the item you want to find.
Keep the terms simple such as “honk” & “axle temp”.
There’s also other Forscan threads in the non GT350 sections, a lot of codes are transferable but not all, be careful.

Go to the M6G Forum front page, search “thread titles” for “forscan” and you’ll get 4 pages of results.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, go to Forscan.org and root around the forum there.

Good Luck! Take notes!

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
This thread has gone somewhat dormant as a lot of the early cars have been modified to add the missing temp gauges, sensors and coolers. All the other stuff has already been figured out. Speedometer correction, changing splash screen, double horn honk, and more. I am kind of late coming to the party and find this thread very interesting. I am not a fan of the fake interior noise being piped into the speakers but all the information and research done seems to not apply to the 2019 MY with the B&O sound system. My as built data files do not match any of the information given to disable it. This is way over my head so does anyone need a challenge and want to take a shot at it?
Ok here is what I could find and it seems to work for me. my 2019 R with B&O has the "fake engine sound" it is super noticeable with the car in sport with the exhaust set to quite.TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK check it like so. car up to temp in sport with the exhaust set to quite, windows up and LC on and set to 4k rpm...... listen for a few seconds and pin the throttle and you can hear the sound come from the speakers (I checked mine in the drive way) Here is what I changed. this was my as built ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F200 00D2 This is what I changed it too ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F800 00D2
I just changed the 2 to an 8 after the change I rechecked it and the engine sound was gone. the only other thing different is it chimes in the cluster rather than the speakers

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Ok here is what I could find and it seems to work for me. my 2019 R with B&O has the "fake engine sound" it is super noticeable with the car in sport with the exhaust set to quite.TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK check it like so. car up to temp in sport with the exhaust set to quite, windows up and LC on and set to 4k rpm...... listen for a few seconds and pin the throttle and you can hear the sound come from the speakers (I checked mine in the drive way) Here is what I changed. this was my as built ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F200 00D2 This is what I changed it too ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F800 00D2
I just changed the 2 to an 8 after the change I rechecked it and the engine sound was gone. the only other thing different is it chimes in the cluster rather than the speakers
My as built file matches yours. When I get a chance I will try it. Thanks for the effort I appreciate it.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Here is what I changed. this was my as built ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F200 00D2 This is what I changed it too ACM 727-01-01 10A0 F800 00D2
2 is an odd value there. I believe most older GT350's came with A from the factory. It would appear that Ford has shuffled the as-built.

Because it seemed to work though, I would say that you're still looking in the right spot.

So before, this hex digit (through each of its four bits) controlled: Front Tweeters present/absent, Chime Strategy US/CIMCA, ANC on/off and USB present/absent.

2 in hex breaks down to 0010 in binary.

My guess is that the value you want to use to keep the chimes the way they were is 0 instead of 8, which breaks down to 0000 in binary. Give it a shot and let us know how it works.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Went out to the car and the chime is back too normal with out touching it
Sponsored