Sponsored

GT500 vs GT350r driving impressions.

If You could buy one tomorrow which would it be?

• Total voters

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500

More on the same idea.
God, don't get me started on Stangmode. He couldn't compare the side of two barns if he tried. His general lack of car knowledge, basic car engineering and overall intelligence makes his opinion mute. For a guy that fancies himself a mustang guy, he sure misses the mark a lot with general Ford products.

I'm fortunate enough to get to keep my GT350R and purchase the 2020 GT500. They are completely two different cars and driving experiences. The GT350 is a very visceral and raw driving experience. The GT500 is great for the technology, power and ability to perform on the track and drag strip. Both give me unlimited smiles per gallon... Since I can't choose one over the other (do you have a favorite child..lol?) I'll take both.
Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
You’ll love the sounds the 500 makes even the up shifts sound cool

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
You’ll love the sounds the 500 makes even the up shifts sound cool
1/4-1/2 throttle in sport mode, paddle shifting, and the exhaust in track mode makes that DCT shift so crisp and the sound is incredible! Had a guy with a hellcat tell me at the gas station he had seen my car a few days prior and he heard me shifting it and he said the DCT shifting sounds wicked. I'll post a video of my buddy recording me leaving his house you can hear the shifts from so far away there is just nothing Ive ever heard that is quite like it. The GT500 just has so many small cool things about it that add up to make it such an incredibly fun car to drive.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Glad it doesn't make farting noises like many DCTs and some modern automatics do.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
1/4-1/2 throttle in sport mode, paddle shifting, and the exhaust in track mode makes that DCT shift so crisp and the sound is incredible! Had a guy with a hellcat tell me at the gas station he had seen my car a few days prior and he heard me shifting it and he said the DCT shifting sounds wicked. I'll post a video of my buddy recording me leaving his house you can hear the shifts from so far away there is just nothing Ive ever heard that is quite like it. The GT500 just has so many small cool things about it that add up to make it such an incredibly fun car to drive.

Sounds incredibly, is that with stock exhaust and resonators? I wonder how it sounds with the res delete.

Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Sounds incredibly, is that with stock exhaust and resonators? I wonder how it sounds with the res delete.
Yes that's stock exhaust! Id imagine its crazy loud with them off the car haha

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Both have amazing capabilities commanding street and track respect! I’m now on my 25th Mustang! Some autos and mostly three pedals; I’ve earned track abilities with smooth heal and toe at Portland/ willow springs/ button willow/Laguna seca/Phoenix and more! I had to earn it” ! My GT350R will be faster than my 2000 cobra R and I will have to earn that talent! I’d love and respect the GT500 but I wouldn’t have to be as talented in the braking zones and somewhat guarded about boost coming on in a throttle steer turn like two uphill at big willow! I’ll leave that to the professionals that can safely handle supercharger boost oversteer! I would enjoy the 500 in bad traffic better

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I couldn’t part with my 350, it’s just so much fun with that FPC!! But the 500 is a breed of its own! I love them both! Best of both worlds
841832B7-1962-4CB7-98A6-13F4B41CC5DC.jpeg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
JB: I go back and forth on whether to sell my '14 500 all the time. Problem is, insufficient garage square footage. I need three and "Sarah" makes four so I gotta do something as I'm not leaving any of them out.

Enter my next door neighbor, a divorced woman with a three-car garage but only uses it for her lawn tractor. I asked if I could store the car there and she readily agreed. So, I may do that since despite how much I'm in love with the new ride, I can see me wanting to "get back to basics" now and then. Question is, it that worth losing money on depreciation? I dunno.

It's always something.. :-)

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Please tell me one of your avatar’s is your next door neighbor! Lol !!
Garage space is always at a premium, Ive got a 30’x40’ detach and a 2 car attached to house. Every spot is full to the point of my company truck has to sit outside! And I already parted with 1 car. Problem is I don’t think I could sell any more of them. In my opinion for an average joe, I’ve got my dream collection. My 71’ Corvette stingray, 70’ Mach 1, my pride and joy! My 16 GT350 and now my 500. I just couldn’t part with any of them. I did add a lien-to to my 30’x40’ to park my lawn equipment that helped a bunch but again my company truck still has to park outside.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<laughing> No, none of them are my neighbor, JB. <still grinning over that one>

But DAMN, I thought *I* had some vehicles. YOU are in a whole different LEAGUE, brutha. :-)

I say keep 'em all if you can.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
If it were not for a lack of storage I'd probably have a ridiculous collection. My neighbor has an 18 car barn that I built for the previous owner who collected Ferraris. The current neighbor has offered storage but also has 6 home schooled kids. If you've ever seen Raising Arizona and the scene with the kids climbing on H. I. Mcdonough's car wielding wiffle ball bats then you'll know what I'm talking about. Tempting storage offer but...….