2020 Owners - Interior Rattle

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Just a heads up to any 2020 owners with the new passenger seat. Since I picked up my 2020 GT Premium in October I have had an annoying rattle from the passenger area. It turned out to be the revised seat back pocket slapping the back of the seat - if you hit it yourself you will hear a pretty bad rattle that only happens under certain conditions.

Putting anything inside the map pocket fills the space enough and solves the rattle. Even just sticking your hand in it makes the rattle go away if you want to check it out for yourself.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
New revised passenger seat in the 2020??

Can you explain more and how it’s determined the passenger seat is now different in the 2020’s?

This is a first I’m hearing anything like the above.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
New revised passenger seat in the 2020??

Can you explain more and how it’s determined the passenger seat is now different in the 2020’s?

This is a first I’m hearing anything like the above.
I had a 2019 GT premium that was bought back for paint issues, it had 6-way adjustable passenger seat. For 2020 they changed it to 4-way (my salesman even called this out to me when ordering). Also both seats on the 2019 had a map pocket. According to everything I read neither seat on a 2020 should have a map pocket, but my passenger side does.

My 2019 interior had no rattles. From day 1 my 2020 made this rattle sometimes and I have been trying to track it down since October basically. On a 6 hour drive I managed to figure out where it was coming from finally.

I only say revised because I know they changed *something* on that passenger seat, and that turned out to be where my problem was coming from.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Sponsored

Dru

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dru
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT 5sp ...2020 GT 6sp
That is so interesting.
Oh. Wait. My lumbar support was stuck at 50% when i picked it up. They replaced it with a seat from what i assume must have been a 2019 cause i had the first 2020 at the dealership

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I had a 2019 GT premium that was bought back for paint issues, it had 6-way adjustable passenger seat. For 2020 they changed it to 4-way (my salesman even called this out to me when ordering). Also both seats on the 2019 had a map pocket. According to everything I read neither seat on a 2020 should have a map pocket, but my passenger side does.

My 2019 interior had no rattles. From day 1 my 2020 made this rattle sometimes and I have been trying to track it down since October basically. On a 6 hour drive I managed to figure out where it was coming from finally.

I only say revised because I know they changed *something* on that passenger seat, and that turned out to be where my problem was coming from.
That’s really interesting - thanks for the detailed reply!

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I have a 2020 Bullitt, it’s going to the dealership tomorrow for a constant rattle that is coming from the front passenger seat. If you use your finger and just push the side of the seat a little bit below the head rest you can mimic the sound it constantly makes while your driving. It drives me crazy. At first I thought it was the front passenger window but after poking around I found it is definitely the front seat. We’ll see what the dealership says.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
Well brought it in the dealership. They said one of the bolts that connects the seat to the floor of the car just needed to be tightened a little bit. Drove the car home and did not hear any rattle. Hopefully that was it. Have a good one everyone.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I finally made my car quiet... but I'm only talking not constant noises. Every time I hit a pothole or something rough, I hear rattles everywhere. Probably a matter of time before they become more prevalent, but we'll see. And that will probably happen as soon as I take the car over the wonderful TX highways around here (and yes, it's sarcasm. Ha ha), which rattle even your teeth, not to mention producing deafening cabin noise.

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 has rattles everywhere. I rattle proofed the dash with a ton of fabric tape. Now I have little ones in each door panel and the infamous C-pillar rattle on both sides. I haven't bothered to fix those yet.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Same with my car. If you find out how to quiet any of those noises, please post it here. The ones coming from the C-pillars are starting to bother me (on the passenger side, in my case), since I'm starting to hear them more often. Don't even know where to start. Somebody posted it could be the rear seat latches, but after wrapping them in Tesa tape, and hoping for the best, ZERO difference, so that wasn't it. Oh well.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Well brought it in the dealership. They said one of the bolts that connects the seat to the floor of the car just needed to be tightened a little bit. Drove the car home and did not hear any rattle. Hopefully that was it. Have a good one everyone.
must be an issue with 2020s. I did that to my passenger seat myself to fix a rattle and it worked.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
must be an issue with 2020s. I did that to my passenger seat myself to fix a rattle and it worked.
Glad it worked.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Same with my car. If you find out how to quiet any of those noises, please post it here. The ones coming from the C-pillars are starting to bother me (on the passenger side, in my case), since I'm starting to hear them more often. Don't even know where to start. Somebody posted it could be the rear seat latches, but after wrapping them in Tesa tape, and hoping for the best, ZERO difference, so that wasn't it. Oh well.
There's already a video on youtube showing the cause. There's a tether for the airbag back there that smacks around inside. Not difficult to find but you gotta crawl around in your backseat fiddling with the C-pillars. At least, that's what I think it is...
Sponsored