Sponsored

Ethanol sensor

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
What is the ideal location of fuel line to cut into if you already have a Fore fuel system installed? I'd like to add this to just know ethanol content at fuel up.
I didn't install my sensor and gauge until sometime after 6 months of my fuel system already being installed. They are most typically installed in the return line section. Just add all the fittings to the sensor and measure the area you're going to cut. In location reference, mine is basically right under the drivers seat. From that location wire routing from the sensor through the heat shields, firewall and reaching the glovebox was no issue for me. One important tip before cutting your existing line is to make sure your fuel tank is around a 1/4 tank or less or be prepared to have a catch bucket for the fuel coming out. Regardless, have a bucket ready.
Sponsored

OP
OP

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I didn't install my sensor and gauge until sometime after 6 months of my fuel system already being installed. They are most typically installed in the return line section. Just add all the fittings to the sensor and measure the area you're going to cut. In location reference, mine is basically right under the drivers seat. From that location wire routing from the sensor through the heat shields, firewall and reaching the glovebox was no issue for me. One important tip before cutting your existing line is to make sure your fuel tank is around a 1/4 tank or less or be prepared to have a catch bucket for the fuel coming out. Regardless, have a bucket ready.
About to start my installation this weekend since the weather should be decent enough. I'm assuming you want it in the return line rather than feed line due to possible flow restriction?

sloride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
About to start my installation this weekend since the weather should be decent enough. I'm assuming you want it in the return line rather than feed line due to possible flow restriction?
Yes and Fore even recommends return line

Sponsored

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
This may be a stupid question but these sensors only go to a gauge to give a reading correct? They’re not altering anything in the tune are they?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It’s just a pass through with a sensor. The only thing that can read from it is the gauge.

therod785

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It comes with a wire harness that connects between the gauge that I run through the firewall. From the gauge there is another set of wires for power and ground run to the kick panel fuse box.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Something to mention. The electronic usually reads about 6-10 percent lower than the test tube method.
Just an fyi
Sponsored