Just how crap are the seats?!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
They are leather which will stretch naturally, but at the same time the seats in my Mondeo Vignale (Fusion) which has better quality leather look like new after 26,000 miles.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I had the cloth recaros and they were badass.

The only reason I got rid of them is because I upgraded them to a sparco racing seat.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I think the seats in my GT Premium are the best seats I’ve ever had. Traded my BMW 435 in, the GT seats are way more comfortable.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
My 2016 GT Premium PP standard seats (Roush covers) are one of the most comfortable seats in a car I have owned... of course I only have 1,960.2 miles on it. But they sit great. I am 6' 0" and weigh about 200-215, depending on which scale I use...

I sat in a Recaro GT350 in 2017 and could not wait to get out of the car, they were awfully lumpy and hard.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
My seats are fine also, maybe the best I've had in 40+ years of different cars...no dents, etc.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Had the foam pad swapped last monday as there was a big dint in it. One week and a day later it's exactly the same? I'm 16stone 5 not massively heavy and these are built for Americans ! What's going on? Anyone else have the same issues? Wondering about having them done privately or swapping to a bucket seat. Ideas?!
I've been in almost every seat a Mustang could have, the seats in my 18 Premium are awesome or maybe I judge them less harshly because I remember the 70's and early 80's when they were absolute garbage. My buddy says mine are more comfortable than his in his '18 ZL1, I agree with him.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I've been in almost every seat a Mustang could have, the seats in my 18 Premium are awesome or maybe I judge them less harshly because I remember the 70's and early 80's when they were absolute garbage. My buddy says mine are more comfortable than his in his '18 ZL1, I agree with him.
Being a long time GM owner, never owned anything but GM, When looking to buy my car, the wife and me looked at a Camaro, and both of us could not wait to get out of the car. So we got the mustang instead, so yeah, the Camaro seats suck, as does the visibility... GM seats in general suck for comfort much more than Ford.

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Honestly bought a CS model just to have the suede inserts in the seats. I've seen a bunch of cars where the leather is stretched in the ass area. Doesn't seem to do it as much with the Cali Special seats and I don't slide around in the seat like i did with the leather. I have noticed that they seem to stretch a bit on long road trips, but go back to being taught in a few hours. Being 6'4" and 230lbs, I thought I was going to destroy the suede but they have held up great for almost 30K miles.

Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
No offence meant by the built for Americans comment, my family is American and the people just seem bigger than us Brits
That's cos they love them pancake stacks at Ihop :crackup:

spacemarine83

2017 Grabber Blue GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
I used the stock seats at 6, and 240 lbs. Seat foam collapsed so I had it replaced. No luck still absolutely horrible. Just installed Recaros, and gotta lose the weight a bit. MUCH better seat overall.
Sponsored