Sponsored

Drag radials / slicks

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
I've searched around the forums - looking for recommendations for drag radials or bias ply slicks for use as the drag strip. Open to running pizza cutters up front. What's worked well for you? Any recommended suspension changes? I'm driving a '19 A10 PP1. Yet to make my first pass down the strip in the new car, but since it's not my DD (in fact, I think the battery is dead at this point) I'm open to changing things up. I'd like to hear about ETs and MPH on your cars :)
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Well if you wanted more of a drag car setup why did you buy the heavier mustang more for handling to begin with? PP1 has bigger brakes, sways, springs, bracing, torsen rear, and wheel/tires not so drag friendly... ?? Lol.

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Well if you wanted more of a drag car setup why did you buy the heavier mustang more for handling to begin with? PP1 has bigger brakes, sways, springs, bracing, torsen rear, and wheel/tires not so drag friendly... ?? Lol.
Well, to be frank (judge me all you want) I didn't know if I wanted to DD the car, go drag racing, or run auto cross. Learn as you go.

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and your commentary was not not very helpful. I was seeking feedback from drag-racers, not you. It's clear that you don't race.have a nice day.

Sponsored

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I bought a 2018 pp1 for dragracing because or the 10speed and 355 gear.Also the magnaride suppension to help with traction.Also the active exhaust.Have not race it yet due to track not open.Im plan on running street tire and not a drag radial.Think it will be fine on traction.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I live in AZ.. Bone stock with a street tire you are looking at low to mid 12's at 113-115 mph. Drag mode may help if you have it.

I have 20" NT555R's in the rear and my best 60' is a 1.7 but that is with a Roush blower. I never ran the car stock with DR's.

I will be at Wildhorse on the 6th :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Since your an automatic. Go with a radial. Ive used ever brand out there and have always had the best luck with Mickey thompson. Mickey offers a front runner.

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
A PP1 isnt necessarily a bad car for the track, slightly heavier but that doesnt bother me. The good from the package far outweighs the bad...literally. lol My 19 PP1 300a(no drag mode) is stock everything except Steeda Stop the Hop starter kit, Roush Catback & 26" MT dr's on cheap AM 17" bullitt wheels. Stock tuning mine is running consistant 11.9-12.0 in the winter & 12.2's last summer. I will do an e85 tune sooner or later & have them to add drag mode but for what some consider a heavy car(PP1) I am very happy. Mine is a base however so that does offset a little of the PP1 weight.

To the OP I say get some drag radials & go have fun. I always lean to dr's over slicks because I drive back & forth to the track.

As far as suspension I would go BMR if I had it to do over again. The Steeda brace is pretty easy to install but 1 yr later the paint is chipping off in sheets & I live in the south with no salt on the roads. I like the design of the BMR components better.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
My PP1/401A works good as a very part-time drag car and I enjoy all the extras that a PP1/401A car has. Takes me about 20 minutes to get it track ready which is simply swap on the skinnies and drag radials, pull rear/passenger seats out, and pull subwoofer out of the trunk. Runs like a raped ape in drag mode!

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The sportsman SR from Mickey thompson is a good front runner for street driving, as bluebeast said hard to go wrong with mickey for rear radials too. Although I'd recommend the et street r, I didn't have the best luck with the street ss.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and your commentary was not not very helpful. I was seeking feedback from drag-racers, not you. It's clear that you don't race.have a nice day.
How dare you own a vehicle that isn’t all about the times it can make on the strip!!! :giggle:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Drag radials are a must. Period. Spinning ain’t winning.
Sponsored