Sponsored

DCT whine noise

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Anyone notice an intermittent whining noise when the car is in gear or reverse at idle? I only notice it when I’m sitting at idle like in a drive thru when the car is in gear and my foot is on the brake. The car is shifting perfectly and no vibration or performance issues.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
reverse almost always does in every trans yes? never heard it forward gears

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Anyone notice an intermittent whining noise when the car is in gear or reverse at idle? I only notice it when I’m sitting at idle like in a drive thru when the car is in gear and my foot is on the brake. The car is shifting perfectly and no vibration or performance issues.
Was wondering about this myself. I notice it most when idling in the garage after driving it hard, I think while in reverse it does it most.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Mine doesn't whine but it sometimes sounds like im hearing a pressure type sound like fluid flowing lol I don't really know how to describe it.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Mine doesn't whine but it sometimes sounds like im hearing a pressure type sound like fluid flowing lol I don't really know how to describe it.
I notice my car doing this last night while putting the car on the lift. It makes a pressurized sound fluid or air-like putting air in a tire.
I did turn the car off and on several times and did a 6-point turn in the driveway. Maybe transmission fluid pressure increase if transmission temperatures start climbing.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
This actually might be a more accurate description of what I’m hearing. I’ll try and record it next time. Maybe just the pumps running for the trans and diff coolers?

OP
OP
Bangarang

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Chill66, I’m going to try to get a recording too the next nice day here. With the windows down, it’s definitely audible and I was just making sure it was normal even though everything is running fine.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Chill66, I’m going to try to get a recording too the next nice day here. With the windows down, it’s definitely audible and I was just making sure it was normal even though everything is running fine.
Yeah, I’m with you. Would be nice to know if it’s normal. Everything seems fine.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I notice my car doing this last night while putting the car on the lift. It makes a pressurized sound fluid or air-like putting air in a tire.
I did turn the car off and on several times and did a 6-point turn in the driveway. Maybe transmission fluid pressure increase if transmission temperatures start climbing.
I noticed the same thing It seems like it only really makes the pressure sound after I've been driving the car for awhile and it's hot or if I've been slipping the clutches a bit at low speeds it also only seems to do it in gear. I figured it was normal and it looks like it must be normal lol

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
2 possibe sounds youre describing. 1 is from the front, the other the rear.

if front, its the IC flowing. if the rear, i assume you mean when lock/unlocking it? sounds more electronic to me, dont know exatly what it is, maybe suspension related?

Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
2 possibe sounds youre describing. 1 is from the front, the other the rear.

if front, its the IC flowing. if the rear, i assume you mean when lock/unlocking it? sounds more electronic to me, dont know exatly what it is, maybe suspension related?
Was not in the rear or front more like just below me. My guess is transmission pump.

Could be fuel pump however not at idle.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was not in the rear or front more like just below me. My guess is transmission pump.

Could be fuel pump however not at idle.
Yep it only does it for me in gear and it sounds like its right below me as well.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Yep it only does it for me in gear and it sounds like its right below me as well.
I understand there was a "HOLD" problem on the gas tanks!!!
Sponsored