Sponsored

2018 Shaker pro audio upgrade

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I have 2018 premium with the shaker pro system, i plan on doing the JL audio stealth box upgrade for the trunk sub, but id like to upgrade everything else. Nothing crazy, but better sound overall. I mostly listen to house/EDM music but also alternative at times. Suggestions on replacement speakers that will be plug and play and a noticeable upgrade over the stock shaker pro system?
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
iU0jR3XMEnP2NKWDwCNJ0n-Me14B79sPvclGwdL2dtCADoQl6jlI-8dJ7TopBqB9WwzD3_nbRruYbOCfE=w1873-h1064-no.jpg
0dtGjMPUzPYQaTiGDB1ISgOKO961Bq2UrUx7HW4CrP-d5t6AdzgPsrF06GrMdUmHlrkC_DnGaUzCgUEuA=w1419-h1064-no.jpg
eArPyW1bzKlGYF9x8iOgA4MzidlBi2w-WerbzwY1Gm7C8SZO3G0RxU5Mz_XTipm6kbvS-jCfl44GeQzKA=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

9yh2YhyI12KFznV0c0NGBxJhjkMGyqdcSqXohe1gDfL1c9ZqjmxreBoLLGKVkw-xx7VVl6mh7NMSBXWH8=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

I upgraded the rear speakers to Morel Tempo Ultra's, added the LC2i DSP, a Zapco 2 channel amp to power the Morels and upgraded the OEM sub to a Rockford Fosgate and stuffed the sub enclosure with polyfil and perforated the rear deck lid to let the sound thru from the Morels.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
iU0jR3XMEnP2NKWDwCNJ0n-Me14B79sPvclGwdL2dtCADoQl6jlI-8dJ7TopBqB9WwzD3_nbRruYbOCfE=w1873-h1064-no.jpg
0dtGjMPUzPYQaTiGDB1ISgOKO961Bq2UrUx7HW4CrP-d5t6AdzgPsrF06GrMdUmHlrkC_DnGaUzCgUEuA=w1419-h1064-no.jpg
eArPyW1bzKlGYF9x8iOgA4MzidlBi2w-WerbzwY1Gm7C8SZO3G0RxU5Mz_XTipm6kbvS-jCfl44GeQzKA=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

9yh2YhyI12KFznV0c0NGBxJhjkMGyqdcSqXohe1gDfL1c9ZqjmxreBoLLGKVkw-xx7VVl6mh7NMSBXWH8=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

I upgraded the rear speakers to Morel Tempo Ultra's, added the LC2i DSP, a Zapco 2 channel amp to power the Morels and upgraded the OEM sub to a Rockford Fosgate and stuffed the sub enclosure with polyfil and perforated the rear deck lid to let the sound thru from the Morels.

@Vicr

looking at the image of your LC2I, where did you tap into power, remote and ground for the unit? In the image, it may be the way things are situated and the angle of pic, but it appears those wires from the LC2i are going into the amp to the right of it?

Is there any factory harness in the trunk to tap 12v power from for the LC2i or amp, or did you have to run up to the front of the car?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You got to run your power. You won’t tap that power anywhere in stock wiring.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Buy this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

then disable factory EQ by changing 1 code, you can enable it if you don't like it. Its probably the best thing you can do for your stock sound system, it really brings it alive.

You can change a lot of things, ie. disable seatbelt chimes, I changed my blinkers from 3 clicks to 5 clicks when merging, etc.. tons of stuff. disable honking horn when locking and unlocking car. etc.

I am so glad I did all the features and went through the list of things that can be changed

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
@Vicr

looking at the image of your LC2I, where did you tap into power, remote and ground for the unit? In the image, it may be the way things are situated and the angle of pic, but it appears those wires from the LC2i are going into the amp to the right of it?

Is there any factory harness in the trunk to tap 12v power from for the LC2i or amp, or did you have to run up to the front of the car?

The LC2i's power wires are landed on the amp as are the cables running from the battery (the big red ones) . You don't need a remote on wire with the LC2i as it senses voltage from the speaker input when the head unit is turned on and the amp turns on when it senses signal from the LC2i.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
I have the same system. What I did to mine was swap the center channel and 3.5 door speakers with Infinity coaxials, upgraded the door and rear 6.5s to PowerBass components (door) and coaxials (rear), disconnected the a-pillar tweeters entirely and swapped out the factory sub with a Pioneer while adding polyfill. I also added Killmat everywhere when doing so and used FORScan to flatten the EQ.

All of the above changes without any amp upgrades made a significant improvement to the SQ and bass response. I have a convertible though, so passthrough from the trunk is pretty low, especially with the top down. I'm going to swap the sub amp for a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp in the near future to let the Pioneer sub really wake up. I don't expect any further upgrades will be needed after that.

It's also important to really get the EQ settings just right for optimum SQ. I fade two steps to the rear to bring the sound stage back, boost the rear 6.5s output and add more stereo separation. I also do not boost the EQ at all, only attenuate. My settings are flat for the treble and bass, with the mid down to about -3.
Sponsored