Things I have for sale:
  • Racestar bronze wheels and drag tires
  • UPR billet anodized oil catch can
  • Procharger molded inlet pipe
  • Motion Raceworks Coyote engine diaper
Things I am thinking through:
  • Stroud engine diaper, under design. Said to work with a/c
  • Stroud fire suppression system, my wife is interested in seeing this done
  • Putting two TiAL BOVs on the pipe to handle the volume from the f1a94, i don't think i'll be able to fit the prorace valve (bigger than big red) in there and I already have one TiAL BOV
  • Identifying the right breather oil catch can setup
  • @Jay-rod427 is making me think I should remove the evap system pieces from the car
  • Going to a slim radiator fan/shroud setup
Purchased and waiting on:
  • Turbo guard for procharger inlet
  • Stroud parachute
  • co2 regulator and gauge
  • Procharger pulley key, the f1a94 is double keyed
  • Procharger outlet setup, removes the not so ideal rubber that comes in the kit

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Pretty cool. I suppose the only downside is there's another potential spot for a leak. However, I like the way it eliminated that horrible outlet hose. That thing is a PITA to install!

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Here's what I am thinking for the TiAL BOVs. I'll move the existing one that I have on to the pipe in the normal place. Right now it is mounted using the 1.5" tube. I'll have a flange welded to the pipe and mount directly on the flange. For the second BOV, I am thinking of mounting it on the passenger side of the intercooler in the charge pipe. The MAF sensor is mounted in the charge pipe that leads up to the throttle body, so both BOVs would still be before the sensor. It would look something like this:

Inkedstage2IC_LI.jpg

Please chime in if you think this will not work. This is in lieu of mounting a procharger prorace valve which I struggle to believe will fit well anywhere. I prefer to NOT mount anything on the intercooler.

For reference, my current TiAL position which would change:

tial.jpg

Thoughts?

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'm a little wary of mounting on the intercooler. I'd end up needing one on either side I guess? I prefer the pipes. Maybe I am over thinking it and mounting two BOVs directly on the intercooler is fine.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You can mount both tial in the endtanks of the intercooler no prob. You could also just use 1 Procharger race red, not the Prorace. We maxed out an F2 with Morris modded volute on single regular red race. F1X-12 on dual red race, wasn't until going to the F3-121 that we needed single prorace. IF you mount anything in the intercooler I would make sure your welder makes a doubler plate on the flange to give more weld area. Otherwise with vibration they can crack the welds. Same with tubes really.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
You can mount both tial in the endtanks of the intercooler no prob. You could also just use 1 Procharger race red, not the Prorace. We maxed out an F2 with Morris modded volute on single regular red race. F1X-12 on dual red race, wasn't until going to the F3-121 that we needed single prorace. IF you mount anything in the intercooler I would make sure your welder makes a doubler plate on the flange to give more weld area. Otherwise with vibration they can crack the welds. Same with tubes really.
So end tanks preferred to the charge piping from your experience?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So end tanks preferred to the charge piping from your experience?
I've never personally put them in the end tanks, but yes you can. All that matters is they relieve the pressure from the system upstream of the MAF sensor.

I believe @80FoxCoupe has a single red race in his intercooler end tank.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I've never personally put them in the end tanks, but yes you can. All that matters is they relieve the pressure from the system upstream of the MAF sensor.

I believe @80FoxCoupe has a single red race in his intercooler end tank.
In theory you want the blow off valve before the intercooler core so you are not venting hot air through it. Though once heat soaked it doesn't matter. I have my BOV after the core, car rips so I'm not worrying about it.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Got some of the pieces needed for the procharger outlet setup. The rest comes Thursday. Should be able to get the head unit installed and running in the car this weekend.

In the meantime, this laundry bag arrived, aka my car's fanny pack:

parachutelaundry.jpg

Appreciate all of the input and wisdom on this build. It means a lot to me that you all share your experience with me so that I can do the same for others.
Sponsored