A New Low for StangMode

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to park my new ride at a twat waffle house and have myself a photo op afterwards. Its going to be a while and this thread will be long forgotten.

This thread was/is amusing. There are folks who see the YouTubers for what they are, and others who think they are the second coming of christ. Either way, I'm glad I'm not the odd man out.
With some exceptions, obviously.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Allow me to channel my inner Joe Biden for a few

Look, look , look.. heres the thing.. When they have real genuine content, these guys do a great job of letting us know. I dont watch videos that dont have content im not looking for or interested in. SS trucks, nope. SP on just about anything, even SM on anything non GT500 related i dont watch. I think thats the thing, if a new car, or new info or new real comparison is happening, its fine. If they have to fill the void and the clickbait titles start coming. It is what it is.

part 2, I just cant do it, mostly... Either i have somehting to show and share, or i dont. Also, guys like Tomster and Epiphany, Id suggest you DO start a channel. if your life allows you interesting and hardly seen modifications or information, or even using them for the intended purpose, there will be a following. Do your part to fight the clickbait and swing the tide the other way. Obviously you cant just uplaod 2hrs of driving footage, but spend some time narrating it, and id watch it.

If tomster narrated a track day properly, id watch the whole thing. tell me what the car is, where you are going, days/years youve been going to that track with what cars, best time in what car, best time in the 500. how your setting the car up to start, how you adjust it as the day continues, how other comparable cars are doing etc.. add in some creative in car 360* footage. goddam right id watch it

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Allow me to channel my inner Joe Biden for a few

Look, look , look.. heres the thing.. When they have real genuine content, these guys do a great job of letting us know. I dont watch videos that dont have content im not looking for or interested in. SS trucks, nope. SP on just about anything, even SM on anything non GT500 related i dont watch. I think thats the thing, if a new car, or new info or new real comparison is happening, its fine. If they have to fill the void and the clickbait titles start coming. It is what it is.

part 2, I just cant do it, mostly... Either i have somehting to show and share, or i dont. Also, guys like Tomster and Epiphany, Id suggest you DO start a channel. if your life allows you interesting and hardly seen modifications or information, or even using them for the intended purpose, there will be a following. Do your part to fight the clickbait and swing the tide the other way. Obviously you cant just uplaod 2hrs of driving footage, but spend some time narrating it, and id watch it.

If tomster narrated a track day properly, id watch the whole thing. tell me what the car is, where you are going, days/years youve been going to that track with what cars, best time in what car, best time in the 500. how your setting the car up to start, how you adjust it as the day continues, how other comparable cars are doing etc.. add in some creative in car 360* footage. goddam right id watch it
I almost produced a video this season. The idea was to showcase the GT500 CFTP at a major HPDE event to demonstrate what the "average joe" could do with this car against many of the cars people are debating and arguing about on this forum. The only problem was that my CFTP wasn't built yet. I went "clean" in late July. I was told I'd have the car from my dealer and the rep by December. I stayed "clean" and the order sat and sat. My dealership's inventory manager got into an argument with the rep and was told it was because of the "committee" in Dearborn who was in charge of selection.

It's a two way street. I've done a lot to promote the Ford brand over the years. I have been a blue oval guy all my life. I have seen one of the most deserving people I know apply for a Ford GT and find their application denied, while other people with no affinity to Ford get approved based upon their celebrity status. Tie it all back into the YouTube topic, it was insulting to see Ford court the YouTubers like stangmode and "the kid" with travel to various events, and various VIP treatment , such as stangmode walking his 500 down the assembly line.

That's only half of the story. I won't get into the rest.

Ford has lost touch with their customers and enthusiasts.

There will be no videos

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you think that carmax video was bad... check this one out... $1175.00 a month car payment for a GT500. More than his mortgage. That is totally screwed up...

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This thread sure took off.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you think that carmax video was bad... check this one out... $1175.00 a month car payment for a GT500. More than his mortgage. That is totally screwed up...

Guy is a
Mr-1439x1000.Big015.jpg

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
I havent read every comment, but I bet he was paid by CARMAX to make that video.
Beyond that, if you dont have an expensive rare car, use CARVANA. I sold my 2014 Ram 3500 to them last year and they paid me 6k more than anyone else and picked my truck up less than a week later, check in hand.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
GUys, they make money by you clicking on their shit and by louring in people using these big numbers. So....yeah. Keep that in mind.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
$1175.00 a month car payment for a GT500. More than his mortgage. That is totally screwed up...
how so? He lives in bmfk nowhere so it's not at all surprising his mortgage is lower. Plus you don't know his mortgage terms. Cars get paid off in 5 years, vs a mortgage is generally 20-30 years.

The thing about Carmax is that they literally REMOVE and throw in the TRASH all non-factory parts. Yes, really. Thousands spent having to buy new factory parts means their cost to "recondition" is not trivial.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I just want to do a burnout on his face.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think the payment on one of my Rs is more than that.