2019 Bullitt suspension issue

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 VW tiguan
I have a 2019 Bullitt fully optioned with mageride, the front driver side sags and sits 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower then the front passenger side. I took it to my local Ford dealership to get it checked out and evaluated, the dealership is telling me there is a variance in suspension height but telling me it's still in specification and normal. Basically telling me there is a problem but their isn't a problem. I'm trying to escalate this future up. Any other owners have the same problem? Or am I just being unreasonable? From a distance my driver looks like it has a flat or low tire pressure. Here's some pictures that the dealership took.
20200205_145355.jpg
20200205_145434.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It has 901 miles on it

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
looks like about 1/4 of inch if that !

Like previous poster said - use the car - Go over some bumpy roads - slowly, or some speed humps etc and some fast roads - work the suspension !!

It will settle. ,

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
1/4" difference. Time to part out. :crackup:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It's just annoying a premium priced vehicle isn't done/built correctly of the line, Fords attention to detail needs to improve especially if they want to continue raising the cost year after year on their vehicles and Ford is wondering why sales are down

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Meaning if you continue to complain you will get some satisfaction. Also, be aware while the car is under the bumper to bumper warranty you do not need to go to the selling dealership. I know years ago that each dealer was allowed so many problem per car sold before Ford would question the dealership about too many warranty visits. However, if the car was not purchased there, it was not an issue and you could sometimes get better service from the dealership that DIDN'T sell you the car.
You might try that.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's just annoying a premium priced vehicle isn't done/built correctly of the line, Fords attention to detail needs to improve especially if they want to continue raising the cost year after year on their vehicles and Ford is wondering why sales are down
Meanwhile, BMW's have engine issues, Ferrari and Lambo have a rep for catching fire... you're worried about 1/4 in of ride height.

OP
OP

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Meanwhile, BMW's have engine issues, Ferrari and Lambo have a rep for catching fire... you're worried about 1/4 in of ride height.
For my wife and our family vehicles we own BMW and VW SUV's that cost 40k and 50k+ the level of detail and perfection on these German engineered vehicles is A++ meanwhile for my weekend fun car (my 2019 Bullitt) Ford is charging a premium 50k+ vehicle where the suspension height is uneven, the window chrome is badly uneven and I have panel gap on a couple places on my Bullitt...HELL yeah I'm gonna complain especially if Ford wants to charge BMW prices but the car looks like it was built together by KIA.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
For my wife and our family vehicles we own BMW and VW SUV's that cost 40k and 50k+ the level of detail and perfection on these German engineered vehicles is A++ meanwhile for my weekend fun car (my 2019 Bullitt) Ford is charging a premium 50k+ vehicle where the suspension height is uneven, the window chrome is badly uneven and I have panel gap on a couple places on my Bullitt...HELL yeah I'm gonna complain especially if Ford wants to charge BMW prices but the car looks like it was built together by KIA.
Tell that to E60 M5 owners or the F80/82 M3/4 owners that have had engines blow with 0 support from BMW. Heck at this point M3 factory engine defects is a trend.

If you want to talk German Engineering I can bring up VW, who of JUST the people I personally know have had 3 cars:
Doors sagging
4+ coil packs die
The engine literally destroy itself even after having its required 60K cleaning
2 Fuel pumps die
Waterpump die
DSG failure

None of the 3 lasted 5 years before the owners were so fed up with them they traded to Honda or Subaru. One of the owner's brothers is a master tech for BMW when looking for a car he blatantly told me to avoid and BMW with a turbo engine as they were constantly doing so much work on them. This was in ~2008.

Fit and finish mean almost nothing if your engine is shit.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
We all know that American cars have fit and finish issues. And that doesn't explain away problems that your Bullitt has. Not at all. It certainly doesn't explain a dealership not empathising with your concerns.

At the same time there are no European or Japanese cars that have the technology or performance for the price that one will pay for a loaded Mustang GT or Bullitt. The drivetrain on our cars is simply State of the art. To my knowledge there are no 8 cylinder, twin independent variable camshaft, torque managed, dual injected (both port and direct cylinder injected) engines available for the price of our cars. 480 HP on a Bullitt from a 307 cubic engine getting 24 MPH on the highway. Independent suspension. Magneride. Active exhaust, etc. etc.

If you look at U.S. manufacturers you can find similar HP and torque but at much larger displacements and poorer mileage. No where near the RPM range of the Coyote. A world class engine only dreamed of 20 years ago. Expensive to build ( possibly up to $1,000 more than the LS engine in the Vettes and Camaros and the bigger Hemi in the Mopars). Our engines sing along at 7,500 to 8,000 RPM. An engine that is fairly safe to use forced induction on and get 700+ RWHP and still get mileage close to stock.

Every time I start either my SC'd Bullitt or the auto GT I just love the exhaust sound. Driving it is a blast and I smile every time.

Like our kids, look at the plusses and try to ignore the minuses. As the saying goes "eat the meat and spit out the bones". I've personally owned over 100 cars in my lifetime. Every one has had negatives. Many were foreign.

If the negatives for you on your Bullitt are too great to enjoy the positives I would sell it and find something that you enjoy. At this writing I'm thinking of selling both my Mustangs and buying the new GT500. Might, might not.

Right now I thoroughly enjoy my cars. As I have said many, many times, the gearing has proven to be dissatisfying to many of us. And, many have sold the Bullitt because of it. For the massive depreciation hit they will take, try supercharging it and enjoying driving all the way from 1,000 to 8,000 RPM.

Honestly, the suspension issue is not a big deal. As others have said, it may simply be that one spring was not seated. Jack up your car. Put is on stands to be safe. Take the front tires off and examine the issue. Not real complicated.

OP
OP

Mustangmike87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tell that to E60 M5 owners or the F80/82 M3/4 owners hat have had engines blow with 0 support from BMW. Heck at this point M3 factory engine defects is a trend.
I can assure you I have had zero problems with my current BMW and VW vehicles. All I will say I will never buy another
We all know that American cars have fit and finish issues. And that doesn't explain away problems that your Bullitt has. Not at all. It certainly doesn't explain a dealership not empathising with your concerns.

At the same time there are no European or Japanese cars that have the technology or performance for the price that one will pay for a loaded Mustang GT or Bullitt. The drivetrain on our cars is simply State of the art. To my knowledge there are no 8 cylinder, twin independent variable camshaft, torque managed, dual injected (both port and direct cylinder injected) engines available for the price of our cars. 480 HP on a Bullitt from a 307 cubic engine getting 24 MPH on the highway. Independent suspension. Magneride. Active exhaust, etc. etc.

If you look at U.S. manufacturers you can find similar HP and torque but at much larger displacements and poorer mileage. No where near the RPM range of the Coyote. A world class engine only dreamed of 20 years ago. Expensive to build ( possibly up to $1,000 more than the LS engine in the Vettes and Camaros and the bigger Hemi in the Mopars). Our engines sing along at 7,500 to 8,000 RPM. An engine that is fairly safe to use forced induction on and get 700+ RWHP and still get mileage close to stock.

Every time I start either my SC'd Bullitt or the auto GT I just love the exhaust sound. Driving it is a blast and I smile every time.

Like our kids, look at the plusses and try to ignore the minuses. As the saying goes "eat the meat and spit out the bones". I've personally owned over 100 cars in my lifetime. Every one has had negatives. Many were foreign.

If the negatives for you on your Bullitt are too great to enjoy the positives I would sell it and find something that you enjoy. At this writing I'm thinking of selling both my Mustangs and buying the new GT500. Might, might not.

Right now I thoroughly enjoy my cars. As I have said many, many times, the gearing has proven to be dissatisfying to many of us. And, many have sold the Bullitt because of it. For the massive depreciation hit they will take, try supercharging it and enjoying driving all the way from 1,000 to 8,000 RPM.

Honestly, the suspension issue is not a big deal. As others have said, it may simply be that one spring was not seated. Jack up your car. Put is on stands to be safe. Take the front tires off and examine the issue. Not real complicated.
I will never spend that much money again on a Ford. Their lack of attention to detail and quality does not justify their high prices. This is the last Ford I will purchase, Ford definitely lost a future customer and a future sell with me and going into the future it appears Ford cant afford to loss more Mustang sales since they have been down year after year which serves them right. Ford has given me zero help and appears they could care less on fixing all the imperfections on my Bullitt. I will be selling and unloading my Bullitt at my eatilest and best opportunity i can and buying something else. I appreciate y'alls replies and comments. My advice to Ford if they want to charge 40k, 50k or higher build it right the first time otherwise serves the company right on lack sales and their losses.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I totally get it. Most of us are Ford aficionados and so are somewhat biased. Selling the Bullitt helps make markets more efficient. I am old enough to remember the horrible cars made in the 70s and 80s where the big three gave the market away to the Germans and Japanese. Doors wouldn't close properly, paint not applied right, etc, etc. My first brand new Ford was a 1982 Mustang GT which I ordered with a radio delete and no AC. The car had a very bad paint job, the door handle came off in the first 20 miles and it would randomly shut off which no one at the dealership could figure out. It took me an hour with a VOM to fix the issue.

2 years earlier I bought a new 1980 Plymouth Fire Arrow, Japanese, made by Mitsubishi for Chrysler. Never an issue and it had a 5 speed when American cars like the 1982 Mustang had a crappy shifting 4 speed. Never had any issues and was a blast to drive. I expected this out of the Mustang.

I did learn to love the Mustang as it was driven hard for 80K miles after its initial problems and never had an issue. Today the Mustang, though maybe somewhat imperfect, is a technological marvel.

The most important thing, from your perspective, is to own something you love to drive. Suffering with the Bullitt is no good.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can assure you I have had zero problems with my current BMW and VW vehicles. All I will say I will never buy another

I will never spend that much money again on a Ford. Their lack of attention to detail and quality does not justify their high prices. This is the last Ford I will purchase, Ford definitely lost a future customer and a future sell with me and going into the future it appears Ford cant afford to loss more Mustang sales since they have been down year after year which serves them right. Ford has given me zero help and appears they could care less on fixing all the imperfections on my Bullitt. I will be selling and unloading my Bullitt at my eatilest and best opportunity i can and buying something else. I appreciate y'alls replies and comments. My advice to Ford if they want to charge 40k, 50k or higher build it right the first time otherwise serves the company right on lack sales and their losses.

Consumer reports very much disagrees. Ford is above both for 2019 and VW is almost as far down as you can get. You may wanna look around. VW is not known for top quality at all in their cars even on VW fan boards. I'll back Japanese cars all day long, but You'll never see me use Reliable when referring to a German vehicle.

So please, get rid of your car, so someone that deserves it can have it. The fact you think that price in anyway equals quality shows you're not a very smart buyer. Hell, Look at the $2,000 phones Samsungs selling like hotcakes that scratch with a fingernail.

How automotive brands ranked for reliability 2019:
  1. Lexus
  2. Mazda
  3. Toyota
  4. Porsche
  5. Genesis
  6. Hyundai
  7. Subaru
  8. Dodge
  9. Kia
  10. Mini
  11. Nissan
  12. Honda
  13. Infiniti
  14. Audi
  15. Lincoln
  16. Ford
  17. BMW
  18. Buick
  19. Chrysler
  20. Mitsubishi
  21. Mercedes-Benz
  22. GMC
  23. Tesla
  24. Volvo
  25. Chevrolet
  26. Jeep
  27. Volkswagen
  28. Acura
  29. Alfa ROmeo
  30. Cadillac
Out of their 10 Least reliable cars, 2 are VW.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This was in ~2008.
not particularly useful datapoint given this is 2020. Aside from just don't buy a car of that vintage...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that Ford is screwing up spring matings - ie. some MR assemblies have GT350 springs, some have GT springs, some have EB springs getting all jumbled up and mis-installed.
Sponsored