Sponsored

Political rants, humor, and other nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
tumblr_ptiis1wAwG1u1w3aqo1_540.jpg

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Remember when Trump was a Liberal Democrat?
E7493EA3-7321-4C83-AE78-641DF2C84CAC.jpeg
I certainly do. It's one of the reasons I had high hopes for him to bring the 2 sides together. Who knew he would turn out to be the eternal 8th grader that always got picked last for dodge ball.

The pundits claim his base loves his running commentary. The truth is there's no one else right now to elect that won't torpedo the economy. His deregulation policies helped businesses get back on track.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
tumblr_ptpu4w6Ebu1u1w3aqo1_540.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m not a big fan of AOC, so I find memes with her in it pretty funny. That said......

15B2D5C0-82BC-4296-8198-B9BF89AD8FD7.jpeg

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
tumblr_pup3tr4uME1r54qfqo1_540.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Remember when Trump was a Liberal Democrat?
E7493EA3-7321-4C83-AE78-641DF2C84CAC.jpeg
I love how Trump isn't afraid to just say stuff. He doesn't obfuscate. And he's not afraid to make A JOKE. That's one thing annoying to me about current popular culture. No one can make a joke anymore.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I love how Trump isn't afraid to just say stuff. He doesn't obfuscate. And he's not afraid to make A JOKE. That's one thing annoying to me about current popular culture. No one can make a joke anymore.
By the way he never actually said this. I was joking :) I agree that political correctness has gotten a little out of hand. That said name calling is not funny, it is bullying. It is today and it was 60 years when I was taunted for being fat at seven years old. President Trump as our leader and that of the free world has to be held to a higher standard. Our children need to be able to look up and learn from him. My 11 year old granddaughter saw him on TV and said he was a mean person. I felt sad.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
By the way he never actually said this. I was joking :) I agree that political correctness has gotten a little out of hand. That said name calling is not funny, it is bullying. It is today and it was 60 years when I was taunted for being fat at seven years old. President Trump as our leader and that of the free world has to be held to a higher standard. Our children need to be able to look up and learn from him. My 11 year old granddaughter saw him on TV and said he was a mean person. I felt sad.
I absolutely agree. Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Our current culture has forgotten how to be polite. Social media is probably mostly to blame.

While Trump's policies have helped our economy, his behavior is unexplainable. {According to spellcheck, unexplainable isn't a word but it fits my narrative} But sadly, who can we elect in November? At least with Trump we know what to expect. 2024 will be an interesting year as well, because unless he gets caught screwing-the-pooch, Trump will be our president until then.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't be surprised if he said something like that, though.

Most of the MSM does their best to portray him as being mean. Was the TV story about him relating to his family, or was he responding to public criticism / attacks? Does this make you sad about how our current media tears down and bullies their opponents, or did you think they were doing the right thing by portraying Trump as being mean?

I agree that the MSM bullies Trump just like they have every republican president in my lifetime. Trump doesn't sit and take it though. Does he.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Was the TV story about him relating to his family, or was he responding to public criticism / attacks?
Actually it was at one of his rallies. He was saying "bad things" about other people. That's what my granddaughter was responding to.

Does this make you sad about how our current media tears down and bullies their opponents, or did you think they were doing the right thing by portraying Trump as being mean?
Yes it does. I freely admit that some in the MSM are no better. I just wish both sides would grow up and stop.

Trump doesn't sit and take it though. Does he.
He shouldn't have to take it but he is the president. Shutting up. just a little, would present him better as a leader and as someone who could be looked up too.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
b5300117ab5e8f6950454a323551b03eb8131b17.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Actually it was at one of his rallies. He was saying "bad things" about other people. That's what my granddaughter was responding to.

Yes it does. I freely admit that some in the MSM are no better. I just wish both sides would grow up and stop.

He shouldn't have to take it but he is the president. Shutting up. just a little, would present him better as a leader and as someone who could be looked up too.
Yep - the MSM picked out the quote they wanted to get that exact reaction from low-information voters. Your grand daughter was manipulated.

All the people who politically oppose Trump say he should shut up. Including the MSM who wants the freedom to hammer him with no retaliation.

The people who like Trump sometimes wince but mostly like what he says. I'm tired of everything being so one-sided all the time. I hope every future republican elected official takes after Trump, so we at least get a few percentage of people talking on the other side of the aisle rather than just hearing one viewpoint constantly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.