corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
i debated adding stripes with myself for a year+... finally, decided to take the plunge. i simply wanted a different look after owning the car for over a year. had diamond white with metallic flakes and red trim stripes applied to my car. i realize not everyone is into stripes, but i am now. very happy with the transformation (including all in with the black powder-coated rims).
kona 6.jpg
Looks nice . . . white stripes on blue being one of only two combinations that truly says 'Ford'.

I think the thin red pinstripes are a nice touch, makes it just a little different from the rest without being too busy or unsure of direction.

Norm
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
One downfall is, the crud that will build up on the edge of vinyl. That imo would majorly annoy me or waxes etc building too

Deleted member 35775

Looks nice . . . white stripes on blue being one of only two combinations that truly says 'Ford'.

I think the thin red pinstripes are a nice touch, makes it just a little different from the rest without being too busy or unsure of direction.

Norm
thank you sir for the compliment.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems to me, "All hat and no cattle" might apply in some cases.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
And then, how do you take tape stripes off without hurting the paint?? There are some black ones on the '16, they aren't really noticeable, but the car would look better without em.

Stripes? Depends. Ya need to consider the whole package. Put too many things on the car and it can attract the wrong kind of attention. Like the police. I'd trade stripes for too loud exhaust. Both might be too much. There's a point at which even the gray hair can't get you out of trouble.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
i debated adding stripes with myself for a year+... finally, decided to take the plunge. i simply wanted a different look after owning the car for over a year. had diamond white with metallic flakes and red trim stripes applied to my car. i realize not everyone is into stripes, but i am now. very happy with the transformation (including all in with the black powder-coated rims).
kona 6.jpg
I love it great job!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
efa8dbfcf6fde1906fd95c761ca4de75.jpg

I like matte black with pin stripes on black cars. Red or grabber lime pins look good, too.

Meehlimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Preimum 2002 Mustang GT V8 Swap
Thanks, I'll tell him you said this. I think part of it is how religiously he waxes and gets a mirror like finish:crackup:
Msg Received lol
Big part of the of the factory 15-17 stripes are that they are not mat they are gloss and fade as the go farther back.
they are nice just a pain to keep clean.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Such a subjective thing. I would say what do you really want? If you do put some vinyl down and don't like it, you can always take it off.

I personally like the subtle look of stripes, for example Red or Dark Silver on a black would look super cool. If you want to kick it up a notch
matching red wheels. But that might be too much for some. If you do a lot of track work I would go high contrast for easier visibility.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My Black 2015 50th Pkg car... took me 6 or 7 months to have plain Red Rocker Stripes made...in Lithuania yet!! ...loved them! Then with my BULLITT..I did the Faded Digital in Silver...a little more subtle!
6D1A5E53-42F0-4FAD-8A9B-72F9FA806032.jpeg
EC1C1164-334E-48AA-9BFD-844D7FC33246.jpeg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I personally like the subtle look of stripes, for example Red or Dark Silver on a black would look super cool.
Red is a bit too bold. Kind of like your car is wearing a red "power tie".

Norm
Sponsored