• Total voters

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Had a CF wheel replaced under warranty / suspected ceramic damage due to debris. Caliper was gouged. I replaced caliper.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Had a CF wheel replaced under warranty / suspected ceramic damage due to debris. Caliper was gouged. I replaced caliper.
Never amazes me how results vary when it comes to warranty claims. I had dialogue with CR over damaged ceramic and their answer depended of Ford's answer. So, taking my working knowledge and experience in composites, in particular CF, I have decided to move past a claim. Damage to the ceramic coating is not and end game.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I have deep grooves in my carbon wheels (front)... The lack of clearance catches rubber on the caliper, which then catches rocks and debris.

Also had one of my CF wheels leak air and was denied a warranty claim by Ford (made a post here about it). Plan is to send the wheel off for a potential repair.

I'm going with my BC Forged wheels on track moving forward. Haven't heard any clearance issues with them from track guys that are running them. We'll see next week after VIR

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
One of my wheel barrels has damage from a trapped stone. The barrel-to-caliper clearance is indeed a bit too tight. This makes proper wheel cleaning a pita, too.

Red Widow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
One of my carbon wheels has been damaged by a trapped stone, very painful to see.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
This is common for cars with large calipers and small wheel clearance. If you don’t want this to happen don’t drive your car. Lol

But seriously this happens often on the road course. And with my luck, happened on a freeway.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
One of my winter wheels has a scratch from a stone. I haven't noticed any damage on the summer/stock rims so far.

melown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R / '13 GTI
Happened to me twice in one day in 200 feet going down a gravel driveway slightly too quick after drive. SC2 tires were warm and piked up everything, now i have two grooves in the wheel barrel. Its in the white heat coating and doesnt look too damaging but its painful to look at. Hopefully wheel can retain its integrity on track. It is a bit of a stupid design.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Holy thread revival bat man.

Yes it's a problem, but the ford engineers weren't building a daily driver. My CF wheels are not used for the street. I use signature fully forged wheels that give more than adequate caliper clearance. I repaired one of my CF wheels once, and I hope I will never have to do that again.

Send the wheel(s) to spyder composites. I did a write up of my repair experience (search for it). It sucked. Good luck
Sponsored