Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
recidivism is a function of the prison system. if they havent paid their debt to society, they dont belong in public.
Their legal debt to society is their sentenced prison term. But that doesn't mean that their ethical debt to society - their behavioral tendencies - have been corrected by the time they're paroled.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
All gun laws are infringements. Period.
So what? In theory yelling fire in a movie theater is an infringement of the 1st amendment. We are a country of laws. We do not decide which one we like and which ones we don't.

Once a felon has paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to own firearms.
Including violent crimes. Seriously, your generalizations are disturbing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So what? In theory yelling fire in a movie theater is an infringement of the 1st amendment. We are a country of laws. We do not decide which one we like and which ones we don't.
So using your analogy, I don't think Phoenix is saying firing a gun at someone in a theater (or anywhere else) is protected by the 2nd amendment.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Their legal debt to society is their sentenced prison term. But that doesn't mean that their ethical debt to society - their behavioral tendencies - have been corrected by the time they're paroled.

Norm
if they arent ready to be in society, they shouldnt be in society. or the problem will handle itself.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
We are a country of laws. We do not decide which one we like and which ones we don't.
i must have forgotten that part of the pledge of allegiance. "And to the repbublic, for which it stands. indivisible with liberty, laws, and justice for all."

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Once a felon has paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to own firearms.
Good luck on getting that law passed, especially for felons convicted of violent type crimes or gun crimes. Maybe with the stipulation that if they commit any future crime with a gun that they automatically get life in prison, or better yet the death penalty. How many would be able to control themselves.

Think about why any laws exist, and all the bad actors over time that have driven the laws to morph into what they are. If humans were not so criminalistic and evil by nature, most of mankind's laws wouldn't exist.

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if they arent ready to be in society, they shouldnt be in society. or the problem will handle itself.
Study up on repeat offenders. Only way "it handles itself" is when they get out with a 2nd chance, but then recommit crimes and then end up in jail for life, but after probabably ruining some innocent lives along the way. There are some pretty crazy people that just don't belong in society.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You can't apply responsible thinking and behaviors to predict future behaviors of those who have demonstrated precisely the opposite. We just don't live in a perfect society where everybody either naturally exhibits responsible behavior always, or it can be guaranteed that bad behavior can be completely turned around in all cases.

You've got to step completely outside yourself here, over to the "dark side" and try to think the way they tend to think (which reads something like "laws were made for other people, not me" and "anything's legal as long as I don't get caught"). To think otherwise is to be fooling yourself.

Norm

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Please do not confuse pundits with words with a simple definition of The Second Amendment:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United Sates Constitution protects the individual right to keep and bear arms. It was ratified on December 15, 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights.

I am 100% good with this. It is in our Untied States Constitution.

Many liberal people call for many restrictions. I disagree. We must always support our Constitutional Rights to avoid the federal government to use their guns to control of our Republic Society.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Please do not confuse pundits with words with a simple definition of The Second Amendment:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United Sates Constitution protects the individual right to keep and bear arms. It was ratified on December 15, 1791 as part of the Bill of Rights.

I am 100% good with this. It is in our Untied States Constitution.

Many liberal people call for many restrictions. I disagree. We must always support our Constitutional Rights to avoid the federal government to use their guns to control of our Republic Society.
Yeah, sorry Doc, that's what you want the 2nd amendment to say. What it really says is "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". Not the same thing.

You're good with it because you interpret it say what you want. There are a lot of things in the Constitution of the United States. I bet if you go through it page by page you will find some things you do not like. The good news is that the Constitution is not the ten commandments. It is not written in stone. It can and has changed. It is a living, breathing document. And, as such, parts of it have been open to interpretation. No amendment more so than the 2nd. And I'm fine with that. But the founding fathers in 1791 never imaged school children being mowed down by a semi-automatic weapons. Yes, we do need to look at reasonable controls to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. For everyone else, go get em.

And before you presume otherwise as I know you will do. I'm a gun owner and believe in the 2nd amendment.

Sorry, forgot to mention, that people from all walks of life, religions and political affiliations believe that something needs to be done. It's so easy to drop everything in the Liberals lap. It would surprise you how many Republicans and Independents agree.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..The good news is that the Constitution is not the ten commandments. It is not written in stone. It can and has changed. It is a living, breathing document.
The Constitution is actually is actually Seven Articles.

The Ten Commandments were presented by God which is a different subject.

...Yes, we do need to look at reasonable controls to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them.
Please be very specific in your liberal views of who can legally own a gun and who can not?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If gun laws were along the actual meaning of the word "liberal" about who can actually own a gun, then probably even convicted felons could legally own guns. The meaning of "liberal" and "conservative" are basically reversed from the political meaning when it comes to guns. Being very "conservative" about gun ownership means it would be under very strict control.

Even most right wing politically conservatives do not want convicted felons to legally own guns. Keeping the 2nd Amendment intact and enforced for upstanding and law abiding people who can legally own guns is not also a gaurentee that criminals and sycos have the same rights to legally own guns. Hence, there are many gun laws about who can and who can't legally own guns. Read your state's gun laws, as each state is different. But in all cases, convicted felons can not legally own guns. Nor can people under a certain age own certain types of guns. But that doesn't mean they should be allowed to legally own guns just because the 2nd Amendment makes it sound like there should be no gun laws to keep guns out of certain people's hands.

Of course, anyone who can't legally own a gun, but who's criminalistic or syco enough will always find a way to obtain a gun (steal it, buy it black market, buy it privately with no paperwork, etc).

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
If gun laws were along the actual meaning of the word "liberal" about who can actually own a gun, then probably even convicted felons could legally own guns..
You need to work on your sentence structure.

..word "liberal" about who can actually own a gun.
What does that mean?

A liberal is "open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values".

Nonetheless, there is that 2A Constitutional Right which can't be overturned by a bunch of hippies.

The Twenty-first Amendment (Amendment XXI) to the United States Constitution repealed the 18th Amendment which banned cold beer..

You should write your own new Constitutional Amendment to correct the misguided folks that wrote the original 2A Amendment. Please use proper English.

I look forward to reading it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to work on your sentence structure.
Maybe you should learn how to comprehend English.

Go read your state gun laws - it might be too confusing since it seems you have a hard time comprehending. If you think convicted felons, sycos and children should legally own guns because of your "interpretation" of the Constitution , then maybe you should move to a lawless country.

Go commit and get convicted of a felony and see what happens to your gun ownership. The 2A does not give felons the right to legally bear arms, and never will. If you think it should, then take it to the Supreme Court ... good luck with that, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.