Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m for the second amendment. But I do think there should be stricter laws. Background checks etc. some people simply shouldn’t have guns.

I have a question though.How do you feel about the laws that prohibit anyone who smokes marijuana from buying a gun?

that seems to literally be the only blockade against buying firearms in America. Why is the NRA not all over that?
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I’m for the second amendment. But I do think there should be stricter laws. Background checks etc. some people simply shouldn’t have guns.

I have a question though.How do you feel about the laws that prohibit anyone who smokes marijuana from buying a gun?

that seems to literally be the only blockade against buying firearms in America. Why is the NRA not all over that?
All gun laws are infringements. Period.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
All gun laws are infringements. Period.
I agree.

Many well intentioned gun owners think the left wing liberals will stop with a "background check" for private sales? [I agree convicted felons should not be allowed to carry a gun]

Those people are trying to get us to register our guns so they can confiscate them.

The best solution is to be armed yourself. If everyone is armed, it would be suicide to try to go against that. I carry two with a concealed carry permit license.

GCT2017a.jpg

Ankle holster.:
DS4.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Many well intentioned gun owners think the left wing liberals will stop with a "background check" for private sales? [I agree convicted felons should not be allowed to carry a gun]

Those people are trying to get us to register our guns so they can confiscate them.
Many states already have laws that say if you sell a gun privately that you need to have the buyer background checked before the sale.

No matter how many gun laws are put on the books and enforced, it will NEVER stop a criminal from breaking the laws. So more and more stringent gun laws only really hurts and infringes on the law abiding people.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Many states already have laws that say if you sell a gun privately that you need to have the buyer background checked before the sale.

No matter how many gun laws are put on the books and enforced, it will NEVER stop a criminal from breaking the laws. So more and more stringent gun laws only really hurts and infringes on the law abiding people.
I agree, but only a few States have laws against private citizens trading guns with each other. It's maybe CA, IL, NY, HI, and ?

It's the old bumper sticker that said: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Guns. It's still true today.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, but only a few States have laws against private citizens trading guns with each other. It's maybe CA, IL, NY, HI, and ?

It's the old bumper sticker that said: When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Guns. It's still true today.
Currently 12 states. See the section entitled "State Laws Closing the Private Sale Loophole". And more and more states are starting to adopt similar laws.

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/background-checks/universal-background-checks/

Personally, if I ever sold any of my guns I'd want to be totally disconnected from it's ownership at that point. Last thing I'd do is sell my guns to some "Joe" on the street when those guns are tied to me - not knowing who the dude is or what he's going to do with said gun. Last thing I want is law enforcement pounding on my door because some gun tied back to me was used in some crime. Obviously, owning guns is becoming more and more of a responsibility and hassle.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...Personally, if I ever sold any of my guns I'd want to be totally disconnected from it's ownership at that point. Last thing I'd do is sell my guns to some "Joe" on the street when those guns are tied to me - not knowing who the dude is or what he's going to do with said gun. Last thing I want is law enforcement pounding on my door because some gun tied back to me was used in some crime. Obviously, owning guns is becoming more and more of a responsibility and hassle.
First, we are talking about a gun sold privately. Any gun sold across states lines will have an ownership history since it went to a FFL in the new state. FFL's do not send in their forms to Washington as they only keep them for inspection.

Second, I doubt any guy that is planning on robbing a bank will buy a rare S&W revolver. My revolvers were all sold before The Gun Control Act of 1968. Therefore, the ownership was never noted anywhere. It may have no ownership history.

Third, No LEO is going to "pound on my door". I shoot with LEO's and have been cleared to have a carry license for 30+ years. We call it a Georgia Weapons Carry License, and it is good in all states in the south.

You seem to be using a bit of hyperbole that the blue state liberal's use to make misguided scare tactics to gun owners in red states? Good luck.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First, we are talking about a gun sold privately. Any gun sold across states lines will have an ownership history since it went to a FFL in the new state. FFL's do not send in their forms to Washington as they only keep them for inspection.

Second, I doubt any guy that is planning on robbing a bank will buy a rare S&W revolver. My revolvers were all sold before The Gun Control Act of 1968. Therefore, the ownership was never noted anywhere. It may have no ownership history.

Third, No LEO is going to "pound on my door". I shoot with LEO's and have been cleared to have a carry license for 30+ years. We call it a Georgia Weapons Carry License, and it is good in all states in the south.

You seem to be using a bit of hyperbole that the blue state liberal's use to make misguided scare tactics to gun owners in red states? Good luck.
Like I said, I'd rather NOT have any sold guns tied back to me if I ever sell a gun. Therefore, I will either never sell them, or if I do I'll complete transfer paperwork to divorce myself from the ownership at that point. I'd rather cover my ass then hope something doesn't a wrong along the way. Last thing I want to do is get tangled up in some f*#ked up gun law. If someone wants to sell their guns to any dude that wants to buy it, then knock yourself out.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That puts your revolvers in a different situation than firearms purchased new more recently. I don't know what happens to NICS checks for newer firearms purchases once you get approved, but your name and other information is certainly on them.

Here in NJ you need to have a state-issued "Firearms Purchaser Identification Card" (which involves fingerprinting) to purchase any firearm (and specifically handgun ammunition as well).

Recently passed was a "Red Flag" law, which really could have LEOs knocking on your door under certain circumstances. Getting a license to carry in NJ is damn near impossible for most people, even if you already hold such a permit from another state (no reciprocity, either).

I guess when you don't live under those or similar conditions that it can sound like scaremongering to hear about what some of the rest of us have to be a lot more careful about. It's not intended as "misguided scare tactics" at all. You just have to understand that we that do live under such restrictions can't afford to take a "head in the sand" attitude toward them.

Norm

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree.

The best solution is to be armed yourself. If everyone is armed, it would be suicide to try to go against that. I carry two with a concealed carry permit license.

GCT2017a.jpg

Ankle holster.:
DS4.jpg
Once a felon has paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to own firearms.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Once a felon has paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to own firearms.
I could perhaps give you felons convicted of nonviolent or non-aggravated crimes, but not those convicted of violent crimes or weapons offenses.

Norm

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could perhaps give you felons convicted of nonviolent or non-aggravated crimes, but not those convicted of violent crimes or weapons offenses.

Norm
Why?

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That puts your revolvers in a different situation than firearms purchased new more recently. I don't know what happens to NICS checks for newer firearms purchases once you get approved, but your name and other information is certainly on them.

Here in NJ you need to have a state-issued "Firearms Purchaser Identification Card" (which involves fingerprinting) to purchase any firearm (and specifically handgun ammunition as well).

Recently passed was a "Red Flag" law, which really could have LEOs knocking on your door under certain circumstances. Getting a license to carry in NJ is damn near impossible for most people, even if you already hold such a permit from another state (no reciprocity, either).

I guess when you don't live under those or similar conditions that it can sound like scaremongering to hear about what some of the rest of us have to be a lot more careful about. It's not intended as "misguided scare tactics" at all. You just have to understand that we that do live under such restrictions can't afford to take a "head in the sand" attitude toward them.

Norm
You could always move to a more gun-friendly state. Like PA

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Recidivism, and the tendency for the future mistakes that people make to be the same sorts of things that got them into trouble the first time. Off the top of my head, a person who's done his time for, say, embezzlement, would get the benefit of the doubt where a person convicted of carjacking at gunpoint would not.

Norm

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recidivism, and the tendency for the future mistakes that people make to be the same sorts of things that got them into trouble the first time. Off the top of my head, a person who's done his time for, say, embezzlement, would get the benefit of the doubt where a person convicted of carjacking at gunpoint would not.

Norm
recidivism is a function of the prison system. if they havent paid their debt to society, they dont belong in public.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.