OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was on the phone with bendpak for 30 minutes today and i was told the HD-9 is the best to go and it's the wider than the other model. Grandprix option that is coming out in spring 2020 is not the safest since there is no air compressor to unlock the locks and it's all manual which the rep thought was a lot unsafer. to my knowledge the hd-9 should be the best one to go.

anyone agree?
@car crazy - do you have any issues with the aluminum ramps now that you got them? do you have to close the mirrors to get it in? are there still room for wider tires on the runway?

@Hamster
i was told by the director at the department of whichever headquarters i got connected to that the grandprox gp-9f was in his own opinion a downgrade. although it seems like you getting a lot of accessories... at the end of the day you're not getting the best jack system they offer.
https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/4-post-bridge-jacks/ (you would want two of these) so it lifts identically at the same time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Post an add on Craigslist or your local similar. I’ll bet you could find someone local for very reasonable to pick it up and drop it to your location. Bendpak makes a great product. If I was using the lift every day professionally, I’d buy one. Wide lifts are nice. Keep in mind they also take up considerably more floor space. My lifted 250(see pic previously) is on 37/13.50 on 22x12’s currently and I can still do what I need to. The center jack is very handy as well.

I like the advantage lifts- spoke with a rep and you guys were right they offer so much more for around the same price as bendpak! All the add on options with bendpak you have to pay for opposed to advantage there basically a standard- however! Bendpak can ship to my door, advantage will not- they have to ship in my case to Long Island (which I have to pay for) and then I’m responsible to pick it up from there- they require a minimum 16’ trailer in length as per their website for the 4 post lift I’m interested in- I don’t have access to a trailer 1 and I looked into uhaul doesn’t seem like they have 16’ trailers so of course this is turning into a big inconvenience- anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking just go with bendpak....... even though advantage comes with more bang for your buck option add on’s ......

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I like the advantage lifts- spoke with a rep and you guys were right they offer so much more for around the same price as bendpak! All the add on options with bendpak you have to pay for opposed to advantage there basically a standard- however! Bendpak can ship to my door, advantage will not- they have to ship in my case to Long Island (which I have to pay for) and then I’m responsible to pick it up from there- they require a minimum 16’ trailer in length as per their website for the 4 post lift I’m interested in- I don’t have access to a trailer 1 and I looked into uhaul doesn’t seem like they have 16’ trailers so of course this is turning into a big inconvenience- anyone have any suggestions? I’m thinking just go with bendpak....... even though advantage comes with more bang for your buck option add on’s ......
How about just renting a uhaul box truck? Or would it be not wide enough?? Rent a Penske box truck with a tail lift. If you were a little closer, Ive got an 18 ft with f250 that could go get it.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I called a local towing place, thinking I'd have them take a roll back to the shipping depot when the lift arrived, they quoted me a great price to just have the shipper bring the the lift to them since they had the capability to offload it from the truck, they'd off load it directly onto the rollback and they brought it to my house within minutes of the delivery....

Just an idea, as i'm guessing not all towing places would do it but worth asking as it makes getting it home WAY simpler.

Sponsored

doogystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2013 BOSS302, 2003 Cobra
My lift is made by Wildfire. Made in the USA. It’s freestanding, holds 9000 lbs and raises to 6 feet. Had to get wood boards to use with the supplied steel ramps to get the GT350 on the lift, not a big deal.
5B4BF3E7-BEB6-4646-9C68-6035C4C98F19.jpeg

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Very helpful everyone - I never thought of a flatbed tow truck- def something I should look into- bendpak said for a little extra they will ship to my door- thinking of leaning towards bendpak -

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
My lift is made by Wildfire. Made in the USA. It’s freestanding, holds 9000 lbs and raises to 6 feet. Had to get wood boards to use with the supplied steel ramps to get the GT350 on the lift, not a big deal.
Glad to see more solid, square tube column. fully enclosing slider lifts being made. They are IMO definitely the safest type.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Garage is looking clean! Post some pics in the “350 in garage”section looks really nice! I’ll look into this life looks good

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
IMG_20200209_213626.jpg
IMG_20200209_213635.jpg
I just put in a 4 post in December. With the large Ramps provided my 2018 GT350 had no issues with clearance. However in Jan I traded it in on a 2019 R and my first try loading nicked the front splitter good on both sides. My solution was to add these little $38 ramps from Amazon. With that I can clear without scraping. I will say the GT350 wheel base is wide enough that it stretches all the way across the width of the lift.
Please provide the link to the Amazon website for the added ramps !

Sponsored

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend the Advantage Lift 4 Post

https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-dx-9000

I have them and has 12 lifting positions !

I also have an Advantage Lift 9000XLT as I have a 16ft ceiling. I took a good hard look at the Bendpak equivalent and both were within $75 of each other at the time. This was an apples to apples comparison where I built up the accessory pile with the Bendpack to match the Advantage. I also included the additional manual pump jack ($800ish) that rolls front to back as well as the LED light kit.

I was able to get a close look at the Bendpack at a neighbors house and it looked solid. He is very happy with it. To be clear, this was the first prosumer Bendpack I had seen in person. I had already gotten familiar with the Advantage lift at different Barret Jackson events. I really liked the fact that the Bendpack supported both 110 and 220 power as I had recently installed both in the garage (new house build - I had plenty of time to plan ahead).

It just so happens that Bendpack is distributed by a company only 40 minutes away from me. I had several conversations with the owner and he was very helpful but would not budge on the hardware price or the shipping cost.

I ended up getting in touch with the local installer that just so happened to install various brands including both Bendpack and Advantage in my general area. After chatting him up a bit I asked him straight out which lift he would put in his garage. I did not mention anything about what I was looking at or where I was in the buying process. Without hesitation, he stated the Advantage was the best for consumer use. When it came to commercial use that was a different story. He pointed out how over-engineered the Advantage was compared to the others, and how great Advantage was to deal with.

A week later I pulled the trigger and had it installed by the local guy which has a great reputation. I checked with my neighbor who happens to own a large Chevy dealer and he was very familiar with the installer and his work. I agree, Tony and the rest of the Advantage crew are super easy to deal with and I personally feel the lifts are indeed over-engineered. I particularly like the double locking system at each of the 4 posts as well as the cross-beams completely surround the entire post on all 4 sides. I simply feel its a well-made product and more importantly, it's very safe. I have kids and I wanted to be able to sleep at night knowing I made the right choice.

This is in no way a dig at any of the other vendors including Bendpack.

Okay, now the cons. I guess the lift is a bit narrow now that it was brought to my attention via this thread. I have 325's on the back of my R and they certainly hang off a bit but nothing worth a concern. Also, the Advantage only runs 110 power. If those are my only 2 complaints then I am in really good shape.

As for the ramps. The standard ramps that come with the lift are pretty good. I did have to add two pieces of 3' x 12" x 1/2" thick plywood to give me that last bit of splitter clearance, but that certainly is no big deal.

FWIW - I noticed the OP is from NY. I am in CT. Feel free to DM me if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Mike

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
From ny as well- spoke to tony many times on the phone I just have decide what I want to do at this point

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Man a lot has changed since I visited this post... so, advantage VS bendpak hd9
At first I was quoted around the 3400 mark for advantage vs 3800 for benpak....
Finally had my garage built which was a total nightmare due to COVID - one delay after another, matter of fact still waiting on a garage door (6more weeks)
Spoke to tony to order my advantage lift finally! Put down a 500$ deposit and BOOM I got an emailed receipt- was told it could be over a month wait.... open my email and I see a grand total of 4300.00$ huh? 3 different Taxs, plus shipping.... and there’s nothing they could do...
got on the horn with bendpak and while they were more money than advantage off the bat, they weren’t charging me tax, or any fee and they they threw in extended ramps, and the caster wheels to move it- Which was about 900$ - FREE shipping to my door which advantage said it had to be a business only so I went with bendpak another selling point was it’s in stock ready to ship- so that to me is a big deal since I’m trying to keep my kids away from the gt350R - at the end of the day I saved a mere 100$... but at this point I’m sick of waiting and waiting and waiting and just want things moving along already- will post pics once I get it -
E94280B2-EF96-4263-AF45-0F614F76A2B7.jpeg
CB18ABE6-56E1-4DE3-8D14-9BF876A005FC.jpeg
Sponsored