robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Today I ran some fuel lines (all fuel lines are actually now hooked up!) and got everything ready to set the blower on top. I hit 2 snags (missing 1 fuel rail bolt and missing the evap solenoid bracket), but I definitely need help to set the blower on anyway and those should still be getable after it's on. I spent the most time wrestling with the front mount heat exchanger though. Getting everything in and torqued down was a challenge and I've got the bloody knuckles to prove it! I also changed the oil in the blower (it's a good thing too!)

Front mount heat exchanger
9AE9E97E-EA06-4F49-AE4B-F77478D62219.jpg

Dirty blower oil
23F13B73-CDD1-499E-B522-384A79281F90.jpg

Ready for the blower!
0142C35E-1AE4-4F3C-95D3-E86AD467AC6D.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Spent some good time in the shop yesterday morning. I had to undo a lot of stuff to do stuff, but I made some good ground! Got the alternator put back on and most of the pulleys. Also, I was able to run almost all of the hoses.

IMG_1628.jpeg

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
IMG_4643.JPEG

After a little rest, I couldn't stand not working more, so I went back out and put the throttle body on along with the intake tube. It looks done! just a little more to button up and I have to empty the fuel tank so I can fill it back up with E85.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome progress. Keep it up!

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Welp, I'm just wrapping up everything with this install. I need to finish properly installing the Boost-a-pump (it's installed and working, but it aint pretty), and I found that the tensioner pulley has almost cut clean through the upper radiator hose, so I've got a Mishimoto replacement on the way.

I've logged with my first tune from Lund Racing, and I received my first revision (now I'm allowed to get into booooooost!). The car pulls frighteningly hard. I'm having thoughts like "what did I get myself into." But in the best way possible. And I know that 6 months from now I'll be bored and ready to put more goodies on the car and get re-tuned.

8EC440AF-F417-478F-AB00-A4D302AF8754.jpg

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Keep the updates coming. Any thoughts for getting some numbers? Or going to wait till you've got the tune all squared away?

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Nice! Keep the updates coming. Any thoughts for getting some numbers? Or going to wait till you've got the tune all squared away?
Thanks! I'm not sure when/if i'm going to get numbers... I definitely want to get the tune 100% before doing anything... I am also in desperate need of an alignment, which makes doing those 3rd gear WOT pulls extra fun and exciting.

In the meantime, here is a video with some whining:

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
looks great! Have you considered getting a vinyl overlay for the running pony under the hood? I've seen them and they really add to the under hood appearance

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
looks great! Have you considered getting a vinyl overlay for the running pony under the hood? I've seen them and they really add to the under hood appearance
I hadn't considered that. After all of the unexpected expenses associated with the Whipple, I'm on upgrade hiatus until I can sell off a bunch of stuff that's been collecting dust in the shed. After that, maybe I can start up again and stay married.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Forgot to post about this earlier, but I ran into an issue with interference between the belt/tensioner and the upper radiator hose. I noticed during install, but believed that the bracket would hold the hose out of the way. Well, that didn't turn out to be the case, and I got a nice dousing of coolant all over my newly installed SC kit after the pulley cut a hole in the hose. Fortunately, it was a small leak and I didn't overheat or anything. Here is the stock hose. You can see how everything is really right on top of everything else.
A6C166CD-BA11-447E-9337-22B463DCC9B2.jpg

Here is the Mishimoto hose that I modified by cutting about 1/2 an inch off of the end that runs to the radiator to add a bit of clearance. The hose is actually smaller in outside diameter, so I think in hindsight, that might have not been necessary.
87515F2A-8333-44A2-A8EE-A0AB5119B903.jpg

Here's the improved engine bay. I love new parts, even if it's just a hose!
IMG_4993.JPEG
Sponsored