S550 Vs Other Muscle On The Track

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Probably fit a Mustang GT versus the Type R, since the GT is only a little less expensive than the Type R. The EB is a lot cheaper.
The MSRP for the Type R and Ecoboost are 37k+/-500
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The Mustang is meant to be a v8 car. The chassis and bodywork are meant to support a v8.

the Honda is meant to only support a 4 banger.

so an EcoBoost Mustang, great though it is, is at an automatic weight handicap due to it sharing a platform with v8 versions.

price being equivalent, the type R should really compete with the GT at a minimum.

the R is in a different price class because it’s a 4 banger. But that shouldn’t mean it’s not the max potential of the civic platform.

it’s in a different performance class because it’s a 4 banger. That doesn’t mean it’s not the best civic you can but.

the bottom end Mustang against the top end civic isn’t a fair comparison regardless of price.

the R is to the civic what the 500 is to the Mustang.
Compare apples to apples? Let them fight.

do t want to do that, I’m sure the 350 won’t mind standing in.

still too brutal? A GT PP would be the minimum.

price is equivalent and now it’s the top dog civic against the second from worst Mustang.

not fair to the Mustang, but the results won’t say that.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
"muscle" & "civic" are two words that should never be in the same thread.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Hi
Last year i did the american muscle cup.
So against. Shelby mustangs camaros corvette vipers ACR.
So very simple equation (not considering gt500 yet ..ome test is not enough for me)

FOR THE TRACK
Zl11le>ss1le>zl1>350R>350>pp2>SS>PP1

this equation comes also from people owning and tracking both ss1le and 350R.

however it is all depending on
1. What is your usage (i wont buy a ZLE for daily cause is really uncomfortable)
2. Budget( My pp1 10speed came at 37k while a ZLE 10speed is 65k a gt500 CARBON will be north 120k with mark ups)
3. Esthetic. The only camaro i like is the ZLE personally. i can't buy the others
4. Number of seat that you need(350R has 2 seat i.e. )

So as always for mix use it is really subjective)
Hope this help
Alex

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
What kind of track use do you want to give it? do you want to auto X, do you want to do hpde, do you want to go to the drags?

if you like track days then you should see what kind of mods the guys are doing, the s550 can be as competent as a camaro with a few mods, concentrate more on your driving skills then modding the car for speed, there are a lot of lousy drivers at the track with great cars, that is why you see so many videos of porsches getting passed by inferior cars.

If it is drag racing you want to do the s550 is one of the best platform of the three, the coyote will hold more power stock internals than the lt1 and the hemi, the manual transmission is a lot of fun to learn but ultimately the auto will be the faster, first concentrate on the mods that will allow you to take advantage of the horsepower the car already has, then go for more power.

The challenger is a bigger car, i like it better for cruising around on a car that has a great soundtrack, they are heavy cars but can be pretty competent on the strip performance parts for them are the priciest of all.
The camaro is the smaller one, stock the chassis and brakes feel better than the s550 even if we are talking about the pp1 vs the normal SS on track days, the manual transmission just feels so much better for rowing gears than the mustang, but its harder to look out, the trunk is smaller and the rear seats are only usable if you have small children, performance parts are the cheapest of the group.

BlackBoostedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT WhippleCharged
The Mustang is meant to be a v8 car. The chassis and bodywork are meant to support a v8.

the Honda is meant to only support a 4 banger.

so an EcoBoost Mustang, great though it is, is at an automatic weight handicap due to it sharing a platform with v8 versions.

price being equivalent, the type R should really compete with the GT at a minimum.

the R is in a different price class because it’s a 4 banger. But that shouldn’t mean it’s not the max potential of the civic platform.

it’s in a different performance class because it’s a 4 banger. That doesn’t mean it’s not the best civic you can but.

the bottom end Mustang against the top end civic isn’t a fair comparison regardless of price.

the R is to the civic what the 500 is to the Mustang.
Compare apples to apples? Let them fight.

do t want to do that, I’m sure the 350 won’t mind standing in.

still too brutal? A GT PP would be the minimum.

price is equivalent and now it’s the top dog civic against the second from worst Mustang.

not fair to the Mustang, but the results won’t say that.
Honestly, if I was doing serious track driving and I had to pick a GT for 37k or a Ecoboost base then throw the difference into suspension and go fast bits to compete against the typR I'd probably choose the ecoboost. The front end is significantly lighter and has z better weight distribution. After a cheap down pipe and intake with a custom tune they aren't too far off from the stock gen1 5.0 GT's while offering add in suspension and chassis mods and I can confidently say it would probably be faster then a stock gen1 or gen2 5.0 GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Honestly, if I was doing serious track driving and I had to pick a GT for 37k or a Ecoboost base then throw the difference into suspension and go fast bits to compete against the typR I'd probably choose the ecoboost. The front end is significantly lighter and has z better weight distribution. After a cheap down pipe and intake with a custom tune they aren't too far off from the stock gen1 5.0 GT's while offering add in suspension and chassis mods and I can confidently say it would probably be faster then a stock gen1 or gen2 5.0 GT.
For autox in a parking lot the EB might be the better choice, but on a road course of any size the GT is the way to go. Even just a base GT with no mods will work great on a road course.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The issue with turbocharged engines at autocross is keeping them in boost through the slow turns. The strategy the Chevy engineers used in the turbo-4 Camaro at the Solo Nationals ended up being extremely abusive on the turbocharger.

Norm

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The issue with turbocharged engines at autocross is keeping them in boost through the slow turns. The strategy the Chevy engineers used in the turbo-4 Camaro at the Solo Nationals ended up being extremely abusive on the turbocharger.

I ran a turbo RX7 at a few A/X events, let me tell you ... cones feared me. :crackup:
Sponsored