Sponsored

Insults

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
About 26 years ago I had a 1986 Toyota 4x4 pickup. I was razzing a friend about his old beat up hooptie. He took it for a while but then came back with a question that had me almost in tears from laughter. He looked at my Toyota and asked "that thing come in a mans size". Best comeback ever. And since the Tacoma is basically the same small truck it works well

Don
Haha. This is the best comeback so far.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
"Nah, it's 15 and I only live 5 miles away so I only have to fill up every other week."
Don't let them personalize it to you or your situation. Deflect such a question to something of general societal concern, then let them join us all in the target area:

"I guess all us fossil-fuel users should think about cutting down. If everyone does, we might save the planet. My Carbon Footprint is Eight Tons of CO2 per year, what's yours?"

If you'd prefer to play in their ballpark, just ask for more information about what they are trying to say: "Do you think you made a better choice of transport? What, exactly is better about yours? Can you imagine what is better about mine?" It won't take them long to run out of answers or the desire to give you any answers.

My technique is to just say the equivalent of, "I hope you get as much enjoyment out of burning a gallon of fuel as I do", relating the "burning" subject to whatever aspect of comparison they are looking at.

"Why do you choose to drive a Mustang?" "Makes me feel good; I hope you find as much enjoyment in owning and driving your HideousOverCompensator as I do in my Mustang,"

"Why do you choose to drive a Yellow car?" "Makes me feel good; I hope you find as much enjoyment in owning and driving your ColorlessOneOfForty-NineOtherShades as I do in my Yellow car.,"

"Why do you choose to drive an EcoBoost Mustang?" "Makes me feel good; I hope you find as much enjoyment in owning and driving your IDon'tReallyUnderstandCarFolks as I do in my EcoBoost Mustang,"

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I would have said simply: "That's OK, I can afford it" and would have turned my back at him and continued whatever it was I was doing at the time, as if he hadn't been there.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just ask him why he bought the fun size truck instead of a real one?

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Tell him you f-ed his wife/girlfriend, then punch him in the mouth. Hmm, over-reaction? No? Good, then also take his keys and go take a dump on the driver's seat of his truck.

:punch: :crazy: :crackup:
I'd just say, "I hope you enjoy your choice as much as I do mine" end of story.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'd just say, "I hope you enjoy your choice as much as I do mine" end of story.
Hahaha, of course, that's the appropriate response :D

I spent some time in The Valley (AR/VR related work ...) and at this one larger shop there was a few folks into cars, but only if they were of German descent. One day, this was an exchange:

"Oh yeah, MRX is into cars"

"What does he have?"

"A Mustang"

"Oh" (which a decidedly 'meh' inflection ...)

Me - rattled out while they just stood there looking dumb: "Yeah, it's awesome, it looks and sounds great, it's got solid features, and mostly I don't spend time examining the interior leather quality. It's quick, I mean, it's not as fast as my 550HP Z06 or 750HP Supra was, but it's plenty fast enough to be fun - maybe I'll make one a road trip vs. flying and show you guys how to drive" <big_grin>

One guy super sheepish: "Oh yeah, umm, that would be cool."

:crackup:

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
"Wanna Race?"

Sponsored

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
It's funny cause I just traded my 16 GT yesterday for a 19 tacoma v4 sr5. Fuuuuu Bros it's so slow compared. LOL.

Oh well buying a house soon and need the truck for trucking things. Way better fuel economy, lower insurance, and lower payments. Plus the GT kept having issues. Blown valve cover gasket, bad cats, misfires.

Still gonna miss it. But gonna see how much of a bro dozer I can mod it into.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm not gonna be modest. Having an S550 Gen 2 is still a head turner. People at work have complemented me. Others have less nicer things to say. One guy asked me "Still burning money on fuel? What do you get? 8 MPG?" I told him "Nah, it's 15 and I only live 5 miles away so I only have to fill up every other week." He smiled and and made other insults like what else is better than a Mustang. I had nothing witty to reply with and I feel stupid. What are some good comebacks for us?

If you're curious, he drives a Toyota Tacoma.
"It's mine, you don't have to like it, and I don't care if you don't."

Norm

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'd tell him, Well in few years I won't be taking it back to the dealer to have the frame replaced.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hahaha, of course, that's the appropriate response :D

I spent some time in The Valley (AR/VR related work ...) and at this one larger shop there was a few folks into cars, but only if they were of German descent. One day, this was an exchange:

"Oh yeah, MRX is into cars"

"What does he have?"

"A Mustang"

"Oh" (which a decidedly 'meh' inflection ...)

Me - rattled out while they just stood there looking dumb: "Yeah, it's awesome, it looks and sounds great, it's got solid features, and mostly I don't spend time examining the interior leather quality. It's quick, I mean, it's not as fast as my 550HP Z06 or 750HP Supra was, but it's plenty fast enough to be fun - maybe I'll make one a road trip vs. flying and show you guys how to drive" <big_grin>

One guy super sheepish: "Oh yeah, umm, that would be cool."

:crackup:
Once you tell them what I said, it leaves them speechless. We all know there is NO way their having as much fun in a Tacoma. They may want one, they may need one, it may be less expensive but there's no way their enjoying it as much as most of us like our Mustang.
On the other hand,when you need a truck you need a truck.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
It's funny cause I just traded my 16 GT yesterday for a 19 tacoma v4 sr5. Fuuuuu Bros it's so slow compared. LOL.

Oh well buying a house soon and need the truck for trucking things. Way better fuel economy, lower insurance, and lower payments. Plus the GT kept having issues. Blown valve cover gasket, bad cats, misfires.

Still gonna miss it. But gonna see how much of a bro dozer I can mod it into.
I had no idea it the Mustang was a bad car to maintain.
Sponsored