bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not a lot of Vortech/Paxton love on here with 18 plus cars. How come?
I have a Paxton On my car. It put a full weight loaded premium with a 270 pd. driver in the 9s. (I think it’s got a little more left in it.) A Paxton would be plenty for your goal of 700-750. You should see close to 700 with a good intake & full exhaust. Add e85 and your in the 750-775 range.The one thing I second guess about the Paxton is where the overflow is mounted. It’s right on top of the spark plugs on the passenger side. Making them a PITA to change out vs the pro charger mounting set up.
A927107A-DFBE-4D96-90C6-BD6D2974BAE1.jpeg

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Lower Midwest. Always garaged @ 55 lowest temp.
You should be good then. Paxton/Vortech head units cannot operate under 25 degrees without an engine block heater. They quote this right in their warranty terms.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I'll just add that there's a core group of active members on this forum that all run procharger. Some are the fastest in their budget and in the head unit range. I don't think that is happening by accident. One day I want to be like them :)

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I like that Beefcake says the Pax/Vort run the coolest. Not looking to flex my proverbial 3rd member beyond my realistic abilities. Car feels super fast now trapping 121 plus @ 1500’ track elevation on not much more than just a E85 tune.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'll just add that there's a core group of active members on this forum that all run procharger. Some are the fastest in their budget and in the head unit range. I don't think that is happening by accident. One day I want to be like them :)
Procharger crew FTW! We are all turning it up this year!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Cant wait to see what your f1a94 does! Few unnamed Procharger cars on here got some tricks up thier sleeves too!!

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Not a lot of Vortech/Paxton love on here with 18 plus cars. How come?
The kit design is not as good. You need to cut and move a few things, plus the procharger has its own bracket for the pulley (I believe) making swaps simpler. Procharger also has the option for a quieter head into nowadays and the procharger upgraded intercooler is way more efficient than what comes on the Paxton and Vortech setups.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Procharger is the way to go in my opinion. Easy install with huge power potential. Do it right the first time and order the good parts. I would recommend the stage 2 kit but minimum get the intercooler. Buy the X series head unit, I would tell you to get the D1x because you will always end up wanting more power than originally planned. Make sure to the the MAF sensor in the charge pipe and opt for the bit red bov or plan to upgrade it later “ I use a TiAl q50”.

Sponsored

acere23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
see that’s what I’m hoping to do… i’m actually switching to E 85 tonight and plan to pulley down tomorrow. I’m currently on a 4 inch and have a 3.7 or 3.4 I could put on, not sure which one I should go with. Don’t really want to go over 750 to the wheels as the car is a daily driver . I’ve heard that it is about a pound a boost per 10th of an inch, does that seem correct?
My 2018 it's on E85 and bolt ons.
Basic p1sc made 737whp @10psi with a mild tune

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I'm willing to give it a try. Weld in a WG flange and have a block off flange made just in case. Mount the BOV from the Pro-Charger kit but leave the vac line off for an initial dyno run/tune. If the WG is a flop, blocking it off would only take a few minutes, then hook up the vac line and tune with the BOV.

Only out the WG and welding if it flops. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Folks running the WG on the Paxton/Vortech set ups seem to recommend it, as long as it is set up properly from the get go.
That's because paxton/vortech need it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I didn't read the entire thread but "low end" torque is irrelevant. Nobody races at 1000-3000 rpms lol

That being said mid range is definitely important. Wastegating a centri picks up significant mid range. Standard Procharger kit will start building boost at 3500-4k and then its a steady incline to redline. With a wastegate you're already building boost at 2k so by the time your at 4k your already several psi in. Boost still builds with RPM but much faster. Made a night and day difference on my car on the street.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read the entire thread but "low end" torque is irrelevant. Nobody races at 1000-3000 rpms lol

That being said mid range is definitely important. Wastegating a centri picks up significant mid range. Standard Procharger kit will start building boost at 3500-4k and then its a steady incline to redline. With a wastegate you're already building boost at 2k so by the time your at 4k your already several psi in. Boost still builds with RPM but much faster. Made a night and day difference on my car on the street.
The rpm range that most street cars use 99% of the time is irrelevant?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
The rpm range that most street cars use 99% of the time is irrelevant?
How is the amount of power your making while cruising important? The moment you accelerate you're going to downshift.
Sponsored