Sponsored

Car and Driver Muscle Car Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing mystical, just takes a few hours and special tools....and you still won't have it aligned as precisely as a shop.
Which is why I bring it into a shop to get aligned. Quit harping about this special tool bullshit. You need special tools to change tires therefore it's just fine that they ran the GT500 on 'cooked' tires.

Although, you can't adjust camber from factory on the GT / base GT350 / base GT500 so maybe it is a mystical and crazy mod for you guys? I see Ford isn't even shipping out the camber plates for handling pack GT500s.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yet another media review of the GT500 with questionable scoring and results. As soon as production ramps up and more cars start hitting lots I see the hype cooling off quickly. Don't get me wrong the GT500 is an awesome car and I'll probably still buy one, but it's not as amazing as I'd hoped it be given the long wait.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
In today's age with SUV's and trucks regularly topping $70k+, I think we'll likely see plenty.
I hardly see any GT350s as it is and I live in area where Macans and Teslas are the norm. See pleny of GTs and ecoboosts though. A $70K Range Rover buyer has no interest in a GT500 and an SUV has room to spare. The GT500 doesn't and it's 0-60 time is barely faster than a bare bones A10 GT. And anyone shelling out $70K for a truck, needs to have their head examined.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Which is why I bring it into a shop to get aligned. Quit harping about this special tool bullshit. You need special tools to change tires therefore it's just fine that they ran the GT500 on 'cooked' tires.

Although, you can't adjust camber from factory on the GT / base GT350 / base GT500 so maybe it is a mystical and crazy mod for you guys? I see Ford isn't even shipping out the camber plates for handling pack GT500s.
Are you equating a jack and tire iron to specialized alignment equipment? GTFO.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
You are as bad as Blaq, wow.

The GT500 was supposed to dominate in all aspects, it may be faster here there and dominate on a prepped 1/4 mile track etc......................but for all the hype it really should be performing better in these test and real world situations people post here, but it doesn't/hasn't. This is against older (sometimes much) platforms as well remember.

Randy is paid by the competitors, got a link? Are you paid by Ford to be a cheerleader?
Yet the only proof we have of ANY of these comparisons show that the GM is always modded or they bring in a different car to run a different test? Why? And even Randy said the GT500 was UNDENIABLY THE FASTER TRACK car on good tires(MORE THAN 10mph faster on the straights).....you people are like trying to watch CNN when Nick at Night makes more sense....

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who cares if the gt500 has been raced in track alignment or not
Good point but you're missing the real point which why is the GM product always "adjusted" yet we have no proof that the GT500 is set on kill???

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZL1, 2018 3.5 F-150, 2004 MSM
Yet the only proof we have of ANY of these comparisons show that the GM is always modded or they bring in a different car to run a different test? Why? And even Randy said the GT500 was UNDENIABLY THE FASTER TRACK car on good tires(MORE THAN 10mph faster on the straights).....you people are like trying to watch CNN when Nick at Night makes more sense....
The Camaro wasn't modded, quit inventing excuses.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Camaro wasn't modded, quit inventing excuses.
Might be hard to confirm because no one really buys them but I doubt they roll out of the dealer with the degree of camber that the car in the video had.....meanwhile just bald tires and missing aero on the GT500....

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Throwing out sales numbers again, I predict the next post is going to be about visibility.

Honestly I see the Camaro being rarer as a positive. I see almost as many Mustangs as I do Teslas around here.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Know what I have learned through all this
1. Don’t believe any actual media report or “test” they all have tainted opinions and they change with who is paying them the most at that given time.
2. We all say we are just car guys and it does not matter the brand but we are all brand loyal to some extent (yes that includes me)
3. We have way to many people that want to argue and “race” on paper so they can say they are driving a faster car then the other guy even though we all spend a lot less time on a track then the street
4. There is always someone faster then you no matter what you drive, my last modded mustang ate a bunch of Chevy, Dodge and fords for lunch but guess what there was a bunch of Chevy, Dodge, and Fords that ate me for lunch. Yes I do track all my cars but 90% of there life are on streets only 10% on a track.

I stand by to be ridiculed for all of my statements that’s fine, I guarantee I have been ridiculed and yelled at by way better. I can go back to the other posts and enjoy peaceful conversations with a bunch of great people I now call friends on here.....lol. I respect everyone’s opinion and feel we should all feel the car we are driving is the best is that not why we bought them.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Throwing out sales numbers again, I predict the next post is going to be about visibility.

Honestly I see the Camaro being rarer as a positive. I see almost as many Mustangs as I do Teslas around here.
You honestly think the Tank will ever be as desirable or hold value like the Shelby.....bawawawawaw

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
This is why you are just like him. Prove this to me, prove that to me, blah blah blah. You said it yourself, you think Camaros are crap, he thinks Mustangs are crap and neither of you blowhards are right. To me and a lot of us that are on both of these sites see a lot of similarities. As I said over there when they were picking on you about something, at least you can mostly back up your talk. Otherwise you guys are the worst kind of fanboys and constantly get into arguments in multiple threads. Even with people on your "own side."

FWIW, Blaq blocked me because I was calling him out on his BS with others, I couldn't be happier about it.
As a former Corvette snob, I'm shocked at how great Camaros AND Mustangs are now. If you think either one sucks, you are blinded by irrational bias for a company that is not compensating you. Snap out of it brothas!

Arkarius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Know what I have learned through all this
1. Don’t believe any actual media report or “test” they all have tainted opinions and they change with who is paying them the most at that given time.
2. We all say we are just car guys and it does not matter the brand but we are all brand loyal to some extent (yes that includes me)
3. We have way to many people that want to argue and “race” on paper so they can say they are driving a faster car then the other guy even though we all spend a lot less time on a track then the street
4. There is always someone faster then you no matter what you drive, my last modded mustang ate a bunch of Chevy, Dodge and fords for lunch but guess what there was a bunch of Chevy, Dodge, and Fords that ate me for lunch. Yes I do track all my cars but 90% of there life are on streets only 10% on a track.

I stand by to be ridiculed for all of my statements that’s fine, I guarantee I have been ridiculed and yelled at by way better. I can go back to the other posts and enjoy peaceful conversations with a bunch of great people I now call friends on here.....lol. I respect everyone’s opinion and feel we should all feel the car we are driving is the best is that not why we bought them.
Agree with everything but #1. I don't think any one comparison is going to be conclusive, and not because of "tainted opinions" but because of environmental conditions that cannot be circumvented. The key is to look at all of the available data and then come up with a conclusion.

As for #3, well, it's the internet.

Last edited:

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Sales of the top level Camaro’s will only get worse when the C8 starts showing up in numbers on dealer lots. They will likely eat into top level Mustang sales too, but it would be hard to drop $60K+ on a Camaro when a similarly priced C8 is parked next to it,