Anyone get P0325 with PD blower?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Havent driven the car in about 10 days went out to drive it with sun out...while waiting in line at pharmacy dropped engine light...limped back home and checked code P0325......
Reset, and watched my ngauge Led ( I have the ngauge led set so that I can watch if its adding or subtracting advance...if I get any positive it goes to the right with amber ect and I know to let off, also by doing this I can get a feeling for quality of last fuel top off) worked for maybe 20 seconds then stopped again....

I've had 3 engine failures in 5k miles and just wondered if maybe the heat from the reverse blow up style rotors have done anything to your sensors or if anyone has found a harness issue?

Each of my new long blocks come with their own new knock sensors installed and pretorqued so I know they are new as well....if I had had so many failures I'd just chalk it up to bad luck on a new sensor however that's not the case....
Any tips are appreciated....
Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
He lost 2 engines on Edelbrock’s warranty tune
Ok guys here is what I've found out so far that code is obviously bank 1 knock sensor 1.....now when my engine first messed up the stage 1 trim had been on a while and it was clear "critters" had been in there.
I asked the Ford dealer to replace the subharnesses under there when they did the engine...( at my cost) well the new long block comes with the DI harness and new knock sensors but not the knock sensor break out harness. What I've discovered is you cant get it, back ordered with no availability. So they didnt replace it would seem as I called their parts department and looked it all up and its unobtainable.....
Then I started calling the big parts dealers like tasca , oemford parts ect ect.....finally come down the list to one whom also couldnt get it.....BUT was showing a dealer who had it...got that number.....

Called THAT guy up and I'm like you got a rare harness I need, he said doubtful I am tiny got about 800 parts including oil, sure enough though when he checked he DID have it. Then recalled they had a truck in that started running rough thought it was this harness but " critters" had chewed the DI harness up under the intake ( really needs sealed ) and this one was left over....

He has sent it to me at not so friendly price but hey....not pulling that blower without new harnesses...the core is setting right there with knock sensor having 900 miles on it sure we will ohm them out and probably replace regardless...harness is on its way....
If critters HAVE launched a new offensive, I'll let everyone know..if it's not been re infested but the wires show signs of chewing from the last infestation I'll let everyone know...obviously if it's the cylinder 1 or 2 I'll let everyone know.....
I think I'll have to make it a habit of blowing air under there every time I check the oil or something....but it is now inside a 20x35 garage so hopefully that will help.....

This photo is AFTER Ford removed most of the next from the first engine...their photo which I cant find had it PACKED....cant imagine knock sensors were working right with something so tune via ohms how could the PCM ever get accurate data if it's been getting mutilated....of coarse the car sits more than its driven for obvious reasons....I hope it just all stems back to this harness...I'll report even if I take it back to stock just so everyone knows for posterity.

I seen another poster faced this after a whipple install but never completed the thread, I won't do that....whatever it ends up being I'll close those this thread out...the car has been such a joy lately but admittedly I hardly want to drive it because i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop....in this case it rained 2 weeks straight.....

Thanks if anyone thinks of anything else let me know and this photo is AFTER they vacuumed it out...bear in mind new car 3k miles at the time....
20190814_154111.jpg

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Damn. I guess they're coming up from behind the motor? You may need to spray it down with Pine Sol regularly to keep them away.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
He just live in the jungle :angel:
Bahahaha
Close Arkansas....yes I got to deter them now I will say I have shots of my second engine and it was clean as a whistle in that valley but also was, now we know, using the initial sub harness....
I just got a shop I've had the pad a while but we all had to park our cars out near the trees for a couple weeks while pad was cleaned off and up and just started today...the variable is 10 days of rain working on the already compromised harness..or 2wks of exposure to the little beast.....I'm not way out in the country just 1 mile out of city limits (on purpose so no noise laws ect)...
Hehe god I wish I could get that photo from the tech yall would trip smooth out....

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
May wish to review the Knock sensor orientation position IF it applies to 18+ cars and your Edelbrock setup. The 2300TVS commonly installed (VMP, FRPP, ROUSH) requires that the TWO (you have four obviously) be reoriented so that they are clearing the intake unit. This ALSO requires the installer to split back the conduit on the wiring harness so that the connectors will safely reach with the orientation change.

You may want to review your edelbrock installation manual and see if this also needs to be done from newer18+ models. Possibly this was not done -- IF EVEN NEEDED -- when engine was replaced. Just a blind thought.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Appreciate that the 2650 definitely takes up more room than the stock intake I'm gonna double check that for sure....
Thanks

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Holy cow!

And that pic is from AFTER the dealer “cleaned and vacuumed” it?? So am I to believe this is the way they left it when they put the blower on or did you actually clean it properly?

What’s all the fluid there?

Good luck!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Sorry guys been a bit of a panic this morning....grand baby due any minute very bad timing on this....
The photo is what I took and this is after the bulk of it was cleaned out when they called me up there to look.....When I arrived they showed me a picture and this was literally 5% of what was packed in there when they took the blower off...now I dont know if the fluid was coolant from removing the blower ect....they just wanted to show me ( which is when I said replace all subharnesses everything inside of there and they said it all comes new on the long block but i now know the knock sensors do NOT come with new subharness the DI does, I also know they couldn't get that subharness so reused it and nothing was ever thought of again till it got the circuit open error yesterday).

This is the first engine so basically the core back to Ford the new engine was spotless before they put the blower on and honestly its spotless when it blew up as well I have photos of it ( 900 miles)....

I do think either the harness was compromised then with initial infestation, that led to corrosion over a year and now circuit is open, pinched or a new infestation......

This would be nothing if it was a regular procharger or turbo ect but its kinda a pain to pull to look for this and definitely not a broken down old man job....
The good thing is I seemed to have found the only harness in america at a back words same guy is service, parts and sales manager dealership that had it because he also had a critter problem, just they preferred the DI harness so he has this one left over haha.....
I'm as scared to get in line at the bank with this car as a 30 year old salvage title car bought off craigslist....so sad...lol

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Weirdly after thinking I have seen the wire on the knock sensor and isolated the subharness plug messing with both.....

You can clear the code and it stays clear unless it acts up the knock sensors say 6 or 7 times. While you would think its polling them constantly...if you set there and rev it a bit fine idle for ever active no code...

If you load in and its algorithm in this case adds timing after a few times of that you get the code...I would think its reading open circuit or not to that sensor....I tested twice as long as you dont put the engine in a load that induces the tune to add timing it will not trip the P0325...problem is even with normal driving the tune often adds up to 10 degrees you would never stay out of it.

I'm fairly certain that wire is on the number 1 bank 1 knock sensor....

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Black clouds follow u bud
Just wanted to update everyone, after double checking everything out back I did get my POS bore scope up long enough to get these....Yes I know they arent the best photos but its clear something has been at the wiring I think thats either DI injector 1 or the Knock sensor 1 bank 1. It was just sitting there and hadnt been driven hard at all during this phase cross your fingers....I have a spare DI harness from my core and the new injector subharness on the way.....

As you said the EB is rolling its just literally the worst luck ever, the car does now have a 20x25 garage with 10ft roll up ( wife claimed 20x10 of the 20x35)....so maybe get the DI harness and Knock Harness replaced and might forgoe axles on a second gear leave the first time out roll the dice.....cause I cant pay for this and the axles right now ( was literally calling to order when I got back from pharmacy which is when it tossed a code, thank god I didnt )
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That could definitely explain your bad luck. I hope you can keep those critters in check.
Sponsored