Ford performance mods

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
Does anyone know if a ford dealer will install ford performance parts and if they will void the warranty
Sponsored

Pws6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not all dealerships can, and it depends on the part whether it will have a warranty or not

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The search function on this website is your friend here.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Which search function
Here you go bud.

To answer your question, that is a very dynamic question and has a lot of variables on it like the part and what it goes onto, if it's directly connected to a malfunction/break etc etc.

In the event of a warranty claim Ford will open a ticket and investigate if the part was directly connected.

FWIW My car is highly modified and certain warranty work is a non issue.

Untitled-1.jpg

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Here you go bud.

To answer your question, that is a very dynamic question and has a lot of variables on it like the part and what it goes onto, if it's directly connected to a malfunction/break etc etc.

In the event of a warranty claim Ford will open a ticket and investigate if the part was directly connected.

FWIW My car is highly modified and certain warranty work is a non issue.

Untitled-1.jpg
for example, if I got one of their xpipes or lowering springs would they install it and then would it not affect the OEM warranty

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
for example, if I got one of their xpipes or lowering springs would they install it and then would it not affect the OEM warranty
If would affect the warranty that you have on the exhaust and suspension, but the rest of the warranty will remain intact.

For example, if you blow a strut and needs replacing Ford will most likely deny that claim stating that the aftermarket springs caused the issue. But if you blow your engine, that would still be covered as usual since springs have nothing to do with the engine itself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If would affect the warranty that you have on the exhaust and suspension, but the rest of the warranty will remain intact.

For example, if you blow a strut and needs replacing Ford will most likely deny that claim stating that the aftermarket springs caused the issue. But if you blow your engine, that would still be covered as usual since springs have nothing to do with the engine itself.
That seems weird to me if it’s a ford performance part because isn’t that being made for the car by ford?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That seems weird to me if it’s a ford performance part because isn’t that being made for the car by ford?
This may come as a surprise but technically Ford Performance is considered aftermarket. It didn't come from the factory in that state, hence aftermarket. Even if part was bought and install was performed at the place of sale.

(Ford further blurs the lines as their branding appears on products like Gt-350, RS, Raptor, GT etc. but that's marketing for you.)

If you buy/install a FP part on a vehicle and it fails a claim will be opened.

FP has kits that doesn't void factory warranties (power packs, etc.) but an investigation will happen in the event of a claim. If there was any discrepancy found in the install or activity that caused the failure they will more than likely reject the claim leaving you to foot the bill or lawyer up if it's that big of a deal.

Hence the dynamic nature of your initial inquiry. There is no blanket yes or no answer. There is a lot written about this subject and like an earlier poster suggested, I would use the search function and read up. If your that worried about it I wouldn't mess with it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Technically, it's considered an aftermarket part even though it's made by FP. It says so right in the warranty booklet.

Anything that does not come on the car as it rolls off the main factory floor is aftermarket, even if it's made by a subsidiary of the parent company. I will say this that Ford is probably more "lenient" to aftermarket parts made by FP rather than other 3rd party companies.
Sponsored