Sponsored

Centrifugals and Low End Torque

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I'd like to ask you Centri guys a question. I live in an area where there are mainly Hellcats and Vettes. How did these races play out? Many of these will be from a dig. Some will be from a roll. I want to know if you had to play catch up.

Forgive my ignorance on this but i just haven't seen this play out.
From my experience racing, i have raced a trackhawk from a Dig with a centri and in all honesty, build up your revs. Its an AWD car and at the dig he was getting me and at a length smaller than 1/4 i was about 2-3 car lengths ahead of him. I raced a hellcat and down low at like a 30 roll its tough since they are torque queens but up top you get them especially if its 30-150. We did a 60-160 and it was not even a race, my fiancee asked if he was even racing lol.. P1X procharger and just supporting mods, no E, stock Cats, 4.88 pulley.. haven't gotten a boost gauge but tuner said i should be at 8 lbs..
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
From my experience racing, i have raced a trackhawk from a Dig with a centri and in all honesty, build up your revs. Its an AWD car and at the dig he was getting me and at a length smaller than 1/4 i was about 2-3 car lengths ahead of him. I raced a hellcat and down low at like a 30 roll its tough since they are torque queens but up top you get them especially if its 30-150. We did a 60-160 and it was not even a race, my fiancee asked if he was even racing lol.. P1X procharger and just supporting mods, no E, stock Cats, 4.88 pulley.. haven't gotten a boost gauge but tuner said i should be at 8 lbs..
What's badass is you're not even spinning the blower up enough to get into it's efficiency zone. Which would also perk up the lower end getting it spinning sooner, and making more boost lower.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Smoke their rods, bearings, and pistons maybe. Sooooooooo much load at that low rpm. But But But my shit blew up and I have no idea why:crying:
Yeah cos extended periods/frequent use of high rpm never once shortened the life of an engine significantly or caused a failure...:crazy:

I don’t think anybody is disputing the abilities of a centri to make good peak power or even the cost-effectiveness/simplicity of install.
The question is, does the purchaser value strip times more than having an abundance of power in the rpm range that you use for the other 99% of the time you’re driving the car on the street OR are they willing to sacrifice that for an extra bit up top?

I’d chuck a centri (or turbos) on mine for sure if I lived my life a 1/4 mile at a time and didn’t care about its manners in normal traffic situations.

In THIS case, the OP seems to be down with that. If that’s the true, go centri, absolutely.
He’s just gotta work out which centri suits his needs best.

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
What's badass is you're not even spinning the blower up enough to get into it's efficiency zone. Which would also perk up the lower end getting it spinning sooner, and making more boost lower.
This seems like good info....How is the efficiency zone determined?

Sponsored

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Can you imagine how fast everyone would be if they pullied all the way down and actually used what they got????
see that’s what I’m hoping to do… i’m actually switching to E 85 tonight and plan to pulley down tomorrow. I’m currently on a 4 inch and have a 3.7 or 3.4 I could put on, not sure which one I should go with. Don’t really want to go over 750 to the wheels as the car is a daily driver . I’ve heard that it is about a pound a boost per 10th of an inch, does that seem correct?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
see that’s what I’m hoping to do… i’m actually switching to E 85 tonight and plan to pulley down tomorrow. I’m currently on a 4 inch and have a 3.7 or 3.4 I could put on, not sure which one I should go with. Don’t really want to go over 750 to the wheels as the car is a daily driver . I’ve heard that it is about a pound a boost per 10th of an inch, does that seem correct?
I'm not sure what setup you have. I don't concern myself with boost numbers as it's an arbitrary number. I pulley down to get to the power level I'm looking for, with respect to the rest of the combo. Maybe someone here has documented boost vs pulley diameter for a combo similar to yours.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads