Sponsored

Ford says Mach-E won't dilute the Mustang brand

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
No he's a dealer and protecting his ass. any of us would do the same. I still do not get the reasoning for those hoping the Mach-E fails. If it does, then Ford will suffer. What's the first thing they will do? They will cut low hanging fruit like our Mustang. That's just M.A.D.
Perhaps. Maybe some people don't mind getting dick-slapped by Hackett/Bill Ford. It still makes me irate.

If FORD stops making a real Mustang then they can get fuk'd. I buy Fords because I buy Mustangs, not the other way around. Not interested in a SuperDuty.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
OK, now that's funny. I can hardly wait for the first Mach-E Cars & Coffee crash. You know its going to happen.
I wasn't even thinking of it in that way. That is funny! It's definitely something I wouldn't bet against. "Soccer mom loses control of her new Mustang and hits pedestrians at local cars & coffee." Queue a flood of "I stomped on the gas pedal but my tires spun and my car lost control! Is it defective?" threads.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps. Maybe some people don't mind getting dick-slapped by Hackett/Bill Ford. It still makes me irate.

If FORD stops making a real Mustang then they can get fuk'd. I buy Fords because I buy Mustangs, not the other way around. Not interested in a SuperDuty.

Exactly. Without the traditional Mustang, Ford would be dead in my mind.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't even thinking of it in that way. That is funny! It's definitely something I wouldn't bet against. "Soccer mom loses control of her new Mustang and hits pedestrians at local cars & coffee." Queue a flood of "I stomped on the gas pedal but my tires spun and my car lost control! Is it defective?" threads.

The crowd won't even hear it coming. The only sound it will make will be an explosion resulting from a damaged battery.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I'm trying to shift how I see it. If the Mach E sells well then there's more money to allocate to the coupe. If the coupe falls in popularity then it just means less common folk to enthusiast ratio. The downside is that there's potentially less youtube crash videos for me to laugh at.
But they could have done that without naming it a Mustang...its not like there is some accounting rule that says "only money generated within the line can be used for R&D within the line". It was crass boldfaced marketing crap that made them name it "Mustang" ....anyone saying anything is is lying.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's the only way we can get the point across that this is more than simple initial reaction.

Hey, we were apparently "vocal" enough about this to get a Ford National executive to attempt a backpedal . . .

I doubt Mr. Crane understands the difference between 'fun to drive' and 'fun to ride in'.

Norm

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford is like every other company. It's possible their best days are behind them and they will fail. If they make a string of bad decisions they will be even deeper in trouble with billions more in losses coming in future quarters.

I don't understand why certain people think that they are going to influence others in a positive way by lying or spinning the truth. Either tell the truth or just be silent. I'm not even saying they should admit they made a mistake (although that would be something people would actually appreciate). Just don't further alienate your customers.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
But they could have done that without naming it a Mustang...its not like there is some accounting rule that says "only money generated within the line can be used for R&D within the line". It was crass boldfaced marketing crap that made them name it "Mustang" ....anyone saying anything is is lying.
I'm not disagreeing. I've said several times just on here that the idea of an electric crossover from Ford is fine (in response to anyone saying "you're just afraid of change!). Hell, even an all electric mustang doesn't bother me, but calling a crossover a Mustang cuts very deep. But I'm trying to shift my train of thought otherwise I'll just remain irritated at it. The "Mustang" MachE is here to stay.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I doubt Mr. Crane understands the difference between 'fun to drive' and 'fun to ride in'.
Norm, Why? You have no idea what Mr. Crane does or does not know. For all we know he has a Mach 1, Boss 302 and a new GT500. He is the spokesperson for his group and he it touting the company line. This should not surprise anyone.

Ford is like every other company. It's possible their best days are behind them and they will fail. If they make a string of bad decisions they will be even deeper in trouble with billions more in losses coming in future quarters.
Oh, come on Hack. Why so negative? That's usually my gig :) Maybe, just maybe their best days are ahead of them. Every company has down times. I hopeful that they turn things around, have great success and that there are Mustangs for my grandchildren to buy.

I don't understand why certain people think that they are going to influence others in a positive way by lying or spinning the truth. Either tell the truth or just be silent.
We disagree on many things but I absolutely love your sentiment on this. Unfortunately, as my old friend Dr. House once said.......
upload_2020-2-13_11-48-37.jpeg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
After the Explorer debacle, Ford needs a hit - the Mach E may be it. They also need to get the Bronco out - enough waiting already. AND, they should bring bring the current Focus and Fiesta back to the US.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm, Why? You have no idea what Mr. Crane does or does not know.
Direct quote.

Crane said dealers were "begging the factory to produce more" of the gasoline- powered Mustang but admitted that it's a niche vehicle.

"It's not a family car necessarily," he said. "It's a fun car, a decision to buy something, you know, to make someone feel emotionally good. And you know, the Mustang Mach-E is taking that same DNA and applying it to a vehicle that can be a fun, sporty vehicle that a family can fit in and use."
Norm

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Three Steps To Get Ford Back On Top Of The Automotive Market;

1. Round up all the brand/product decision-making executives at Ford, put them in a conference room. Give them 1 week to determine precisely what they're going to do product-wise for the next 10 years. Have it spelled out in detail.

2. Do the exact opposite.

3. Profit.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
After the Explorer debacle, Ford needs a hit - the Mach E may be it. They also need to get the Bronco out - enough waiting already. AND, they should bring bring the current Focus and Fiesta back to the US.
THIS. Selling the Focus and Fiesta in the USA again seems like a good start to return to normalcy. Get the Bronco out, iron out the Explorer, which is an awesome iteration that was sullied by a bad launch.

Also.. "Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this."
Sponsored