kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
This recently caught my eye. Turbotiger604 is the the only one I’m aware of that runs this exhaust.
Could you kinda give me a rundown as far as sound, drone, loudness, with/without downpipe.
Your thoughts etc.....I’ve read the reviews, just trying to get a better picture.
Sponsored

Deleted member

I've had experience with 4 different exhaust setups on this car.
1.Just a muffler delete, honestly sounds like a lawn mower with stock resonator and downpipe
2. Spec D tuning Fleabay cat back, actually sounded decent for the price, fit and finish was good and it was the cheapest 3 inch dual at the time I could find. Then got rear ended and it was toast.
3. MBRP Street cat back, first with the stock downpipe and was way too quiet for me, not enough turbo noise, but was quiet on the highway. Added a 3in catless downpipe and got some more volume and turbo noise, but still wasn't what I wanted.

Now the tomei had always caught my eye, the idea of running a single exit on a mustang just to piss off the haters even more appealed to me. A few of my friends have run them in the past on Zs' and Subis', so I decided to pull the trigger.
Firstly the quality is incredible, the welds are gorgeous and the shine of the titanium is blinding when you polish it.
Next the WEIGHT holy s**t this exhaust is light, the whole thing weighs something like 13-14lbs. You can easily hold the exhaust up with one hand and tighten clamps by yourself, I had it on in about 30 minutes because it is so light and fits so well.

NOTE: if you do buy an install, leave off the exhaust springs, all they do is rattle at idle, drove me nuts. The supplied clamps are more than enough to hold it together.

Now sound.... Cold starts with a catless downpipe are down right obnoxious. I get out the drive way and idle down the street as quietly as I can, haven't had an complaints yet, but it is loud. If you live in a apartment complex, probably not the setup for you. Once the cold start idle calms down, it's perfectly civil at idle, lots of whistle out the exhaust which I love.

Driving when you get on it, the closest car I can compare it too would be a Evo 8/9 with a 4g63, I know that's crazy blah blah but that's what it sounds like, it absolutely screams at wide open throttle, the tone you get off of the titanium really makes it sound different. I've had plenty of people be shocked that it's a 4 cyl making the sounds it does and then once they know it is actually like how it sounds.

This exhaust is a burble/crackle tune by itself, the amount of pops on decel and hard downshifts is nuts, and has a great burble off throttle.

Haven't run it with stock downpipe, but of course it will be quieter, whistle/crackle/pop less.

Drone, ya you definitely know it's there, but it's not enough to be maddening on long trips.

Hands down best exhaust I've ever had on any car, I love it.

I can post a video but it'll be a cellphone clip, I'm not a fancy youtuber with a good camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Post up the vid. Let's see if it sounds like the Evo 8.

OP
OP
kent0464

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had experience with 4 different exhaust setups on this car.
1.Just a muffler delete, honestly sounds like a lawn mower with stock resonator and downpipe
2. Spec D tuning Fleabay cat back, actually sounded decent for the price, fit and finish was good and it was the cheapest 3 inch dual at the time I could find. Then got rear ended and it was toast.
3. MBRP Street cat back, first with the stock downpipe and was way too quiet for me, not enough turbo noise, but was quiet on the highway. Added a 3in catless downpipe and got some more volume and turbo noise, but still wasn't what I wanted.

Now the tomei had always caught my eye, the idea of running a single exit on a mustang just to piss off the haters even more appealed to me. A few of my friends have run them in the past on Zs' and Subis', so I decided to pull the trigger.
Firstly the quality is incredible, the welds are gorgeous and the shine of the titanium is blinding when you polish it.
Next the WEIGHT holy s**t this exhaust is light, the whole thing weighs something like 13-14lbs. You can easily hold the exhaust up with one hand and tighten clamps by yourself, I had it on in about 30 minutes because it is so light and fits so well.

NOTE: if you do buy an install, leave off the exhaust springs, all they do is rattle at idle, drove me nuts. The supplied clamps are more than enough to hold it together.

Now sound.... Cold starts with a catless downpipe are down right obnoxious. I get out the drive way and idle down the street as quietly as I can, haven't had an complaints yet, but it is loud. If you live in a apartment complex, probably not the setup for you. Once the cold start idle calms down, it's perfectly civil at idle, lots of whistle out the exhaust which I love.

Driving when you get on it, the closest car I can compare it too would be a Evo 8/9 with a 4g63, I know that's crazy blah blah but that's what it sounds like, it absolutely screams at wide open throttle, the tone you get off of the titanium really makes it sound different. I've had plenty of people be shocked that it's a 4 cyl making the sounds it does and then once they know it is actually like how it sounds.

This exhaust is a burble/crackle tune by itself, the amount of pops on decel and hard downshifts is nuts, and has a great burble off throttle.

Haven't run it with stock downpipe, but of course it will be quieter, whistle/crackle/pop less.

Drone, ya you definitely know it's there, but it's not enough to be maddening on long trips.

Hands down best exhaust I've ever had on any car, I love it.

I can post a video but it'll be a cellphone clip, I'm not a fancy youtuber with a good camera.

Awesome response Turbotigger604, thank you.
I’m not a fan of the dual exhaust on a 4 cylinder car, let alone a turbo car, it has never made any sense to me other than balancing out the rear of the car......yep I realize this is topic hated by most, but I really don’t care, lol!
Extreme Racing (?) makes the only other single exhaust I’ve see, but it dumps under the car and is way to loud at any speed.
I’ve converted to single exhaust on every 4 cyl car I’ve owned and the performance gains and weight savings are very evident. 2002 S2000, 2003 Subaru WRX, 1986 SVO Mustang.
Anyway, yes, I’d like to hear how yours sounds if you have the time to post up.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If they made a dual exit exhaust I would be all over it. Sounds amazing

Deleted member

Now imagine the video above but cranked up by 10 with a catless downpipe.

I'm going to try and get my buddies gopro this weekend to make a couple of videos.

Deleted member

@kent0464 here's a crap cell phone video of some revs for now, my friend and I are gonna take some videos this weekend with his Cannon. Will get some fly bys and in car too.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
@kent0464 here's a crap cell phone video of some revs for now, my friend and I are gonna take some videos this weekend with his Cannon. Will get some fly bys and in car too.

Holy crap that sounds awesome. Looking forward to better vids and pics

OP
OP
kent0464

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Appreciate it tigger, caught it over on mustangecoboost a few minutes ago!

OP
OP
kent0464

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s awesome, thanks!