Raising up the back end a bit

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS, 2021 F350 Tremor
I really like the raised up back end look. I was hoping not to lower the front end to make it look like the back end is raised. Any other options out there? Thanks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Spring spacers work well, but remember that they raise the car approximately double the thickness of the spacer.

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Great info.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Another option is just getting larger rear tires, like 315 35 20's 28+ inch tall tires maybe 28.5 inchers. Thats the best way IMO but that may not work if you are lowered.

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. 3/8th spacers ordered. How long should it take a mechanic to install? Having work done at the dealership and they really don’t know because they have not done this before.

Sponsored

Jo3f1sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's basically a rear spring install. They should have that procedure in the workshop manual. Instead of fully removing the spring, they're just adding a spacer on top of it. It might be a little difficult with stock springs, since they will be taller than lowering springs. There might not be very much room to maneuver in the spacer without completely dropping the rear cradle and they may need spring compressors. With my BMR springs, I was able to drop each side by itself low enough to fit in the spacer. My only hiccup was needing to also undo the rear muffler hangers in order let the cradle droop enough, but that wasn't a big deal.

But just for reference, I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and I did it in about an hour and a half taking my time on jack stands in my garage.

OP
OP
Bryantbjb12

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
It's basically a rear spring install. They should have that procedure in the workshop manual. Instead of fully removing the spring, they're just adding a spacer on top of it. It might be a little difficult with stock springs, since they will be taller than lowering springs. There might not be very much room to maneuver in the spacer without completely dropping the rear cradle and they may need spring compressors. With my BMR springs, I was able to drop each side by itself low enough to fit in the spacer. My only hiccup was needing to also undo the rear muffler hangers in order let the cradle droop enough, but that wasn't a big deal.

But just for reference, I'm fairly mechanically inclined, and I did it in about an hour and a half taking my time on jack stands in my garage.
thanks!

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
On my lowered 2011 mustang gt I got some 315 35 20s and they were rubbing so I just ran the OEM springs in the rear with 1 inch lowering springs in the front (koni sport dampers all around), I liked that look and it seemed to handle great.

Sponsored

Last edited: