Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If your dealer can’t give you a copy of the DORA or VOC, you probably don’t have an order... That’s the first thing they do.
Correct, you should get a VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) on the day you place the order, the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) sometimes does not show up until the next day. So by day 2, your dealer should be able to send you both documents. If not, you may have a problem.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I had a meeting of sorts with the owner prior to going up to the fleet manager’s office and placing the order. He actually showed me the email from the regional rep advising him of their allocations.
And that is the only way to know for sure. I waited a year an a half for my AG '17R (I was #3 in line). at about the 8 month point, I sought out the regional rep who confirmed my allocation was legit.

That is not the normal procedure and is highly frowned upon. The GM or the inventory manager for each dealership are the ones who reach out to reps for such info. I didn't piss anyone off because I was very respectful about it and kept it under my hat.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have seen a few that went from Unscheduled/Clean back to Unscheduled/Material Hold. That was last year and as we all know, that was not a typical year.
Lets cross our fingers and pray that this year is a lot better than the last.
Earl,

Those were probably the people like me who have a big mouth and pissed a lot of people off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
There have been over a 100 new VINs, issued, check and see if yours is one of the them.
I saw you mention that. I called FP last friday and i only like to call every other week because i cant take the rejection more than 2x a month lol.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
There have been over a 100 new VINs, issued, check and see if yours is one of the them.
Question. Last week I was unscheduled material hold.

So I would need to progress to unscheduled clean, then sometime after that I would get a VIN? Or can I go straight from material hold to VIN?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Question. Last week I was unscheduled material hold.

So I would need to progress to unscheduled clean, then sometime after that I would get a VIN? Or can I go straight from material hold to VIN?
It always goes from material hold to clean, but, sometimes it won't show clean because it goes to Scheduled pretty quickly. Your dealer or Noah or one of the other guys at FP will be able to see it when it goes to clean. Once you get a VIN, you can track it on-line.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
It always goes from material hold to clean, but, sometimes it won't show clean because it goes to Scheduled pretty quickly. Your dealer or Noah or one of the other guys at FP will be able to see it when it goes to clean. Once you get a VIN, you can track it on-line.
Yesterday called noah, did not see any change, but dealer called me and said he has a different program that showed my car was now scheduled but no vin#. He said he's never seen this before so he called his rep and was told should have vin and scheduled build date by tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Yesterday called noah, did not see any change, but dealer called me and said he has a different program that showed my car was now scheduled but no vin#. He said he's never seen this before so he called his rep and was told should have vin and scheduled build date by tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Snoopy and others.
The longer this is going on the more I tend to question what I am being told and what the heck the real story is.
-First order fulfillment was based on past dealer performance and when the order got placed. I was supposed to be in the very first build is what my dealer's rep told them.
-Next it was "special people" got cars first and then your order delivery was based on when the order got placed (no emphasis was on what dealer sold in past).
- A few days ago some people on the board are saying it is based on which dealer the area rep likes more for some version of a priority code, based on what is only someone's best guess.
- I have hard actual feedback from my dealer that they have 2 allocations (which is what they said from day one). Out of those two, the area rep states in writing that the non-carbon fiber, non-painted stripe car is being scheduled for production. That rep also says the carbon fiber track pack car will be scheduled in the next wholesale block (March April I am told) with the rep implying that it is due to my dealer not buying enough cars this year?????? That was over a week ago or so. Calling the guys at the performance team, they can confirm the following;

NEITHER ORDER HAS BEEN SCHEDULED!!!
WTF either Ford has zero clue what it is they (or some of their personnel) are doing or we have people outright telling stories that are not entirely supportable by facts from other sources at Ford.

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Snoopy and others.
The longer this is going on the more I tend to question what I am being told and what the heck the real story is.

Join the club. A month ago I was told that “soon” I have my VIN and in late January I was told to call back mid-February and we should have some news. Called FP and still no VIN. I have no clue what to believe.

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Sorry I really screwed that post up...I meant to just quote that top part of Jeremy’s post...have to admit my patience is about gone

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
- A few days ago some people on the board are saying it is based on which dealer the area rep likes more for some version of a priority code, based on what is only someone's best guess.
- I have hard actual feedback from my dealer that they have 2 allocations (which is what they said from day one). Out of those two, the area rep states in writing that the non-carbon fiber, non-painted stripe car is being scheduled for production. That rep also says the carbon fiber track pack car will be scheduled in the next wholesale block (March April I am told) with the rep implying that it is due to my dealer not buying enough cars this year??????
Allocations for Special Vehicles like this have always been based upon the sales history of each dealer. The Area Reps know exactly how many vehicles a given dealer has sold, and the number of allocations and priority of those allocations are controlled by the Area Managers. The dealers know full well exactly how this process works.
Sponsored