Sponsored

Long Tubes & Stock cat back/xpipe (2018+)

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Does anybody have the long tube catless headers setup. With the stock non active exhaust catback/xpipe?
Sponsored

Troy Carter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yes I do.

At idle and cruising it's about like stock but any throttle input and you can tell it's considerably louder. I personally don't want it louder for cruising around and think it's a good balance.

OP
OP
Synergy720

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes I do.

At idle and cruising it's about like stock but any throttle input and you can tell it's considerably louder. I personally don't want it louder for cruising around and think it's a good balance.

Definitely sounds good with the headers, now
I wonder what it would sound like with X/H pipe!

Chief_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I love the sound of Non-Active 18-20 mufflers with Headers or Headers and X pipe combo. I plan on getting 18-20 mufflers for my 16 GT, Headers, X-pipe, then doing some exhaust cut outs for when I want it to be extra rowdy.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I found the 18 mufflers to sound tinny with the suitcase gone (x pipe) before I swapped to a full exhaust. But honestly sound is so subjective what one person may love another may not ya know ?

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
The stock active catback setup is great the way it is to me, headers with a catless midpipe will keep it a bit on the quiet side but still give you great performance gains out of it. Hit me up to see what kind of combos we sell that bolt up to the stock system. We have some great pricing as well with Valentines Day coming and up and Presidents Day. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...stang-gt-coyote/exhaust/headers-1/long-tube-1

OP
OP
Synergy720

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I found the 18 mufflers to sound tinny with the suitcase gone (x pipe) before I swapped to a full exhaust. But honestly sound is so subjective what one person may love another may not ya know ?
Yeah... installed catless headers about a week ago, they definitely sound "gutless". No firm or strong sound. I mean idle sounds nice, but its super gutless. Hopefully the active mufflers are better. I have the plugs and wires with the actuators.. Just waiting on the mufflers. Will post the exhaust soon.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I went catless long tubes with active exhaust. I first had a steeda x pipe and it was loud. As a comparison, Stock manifolds with cats and the x pipe in track mode vs catless long tubes with the x pipe in normal mode was like stock manifolds with x in track mode times 100. It was loud and raspy. I swapped the x pipe out for the magniflow true x resonator. Really quieted it down. After breaking it in, its perfect. Great cruising and all, once you get on it its loud. To me its perfect, yea I do miss the insane loud here and there but not just cruising.
Sponsored